Topic: How vain are you?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 02:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 09:32AM by SelenaWolf

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 02:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 09:32AM by SelenaWolf

SelenaWolf wrote:

Okay, a few of us have had so much fun on another thread comparing the ways in which we are still vain, that I thought it deserved its own thread.  Everybody chime in... how vain are you?

Edited to add:

We on the "How Vain Are You?" thread recognize that our sense of fun- and humour is not to everyone's taste.  Hence, we have chosen the "Humour and Games" forum to let our hair down.  Although swapping "vain" stories, style tips and beauty secrets are always eagerly welcomed, going off-topic is not a crime.  Neither is bad language or differing opinions.  We recognize that each- and every one of us is interested in conventional, complementary, holistic and alternative treatments as long as there is science-based  research behind each- and every one.  [Like someone said, if honey badger pee as a treatment for breast cancer had hard science behind it, I would be the first in line.]  We reserve the right to honestly discuss the strengths and weaknesses (and dangers) of everything, and laugh at the ridiculousness of life. 

This thread is for sharing and laughter, but it is also about the freedom to DISCOURSE, DISCUSS, DECONSTRUCT, DEBATE and DEBUNK the various- and sundry myths out there about breast cancer and breast cancer treatment no matter what they are.  But don't forget to recommend your favourite lipstick shade along the way.

"... good girls never made history ..."

Page 5 of 224 (2,236 results)

Nov 28, 2013 09:01AM pupmom wrote:

Thanks exbrnxgrl, but something tells me that is probably not the case!

I think gel nails is the greatest invention since baked bread! Never, ever, ever want to give them up!

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 28, 2013 09:01AM Momine wrote:

Oh, I should note that in the picture I still have my boobs and a bit of chub. It was during the neo-adjuvant chemo.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/19/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/12/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/8/2012 Surgery 3/7/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 28, 2013 09:02AM - edited Nov 28, 2013 09:06AM by SelenaWolf

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving to my American friends.  May you all bask in the love of family, good food and great shoe sales!

Haven't tried gel nails.  My fingernails are a mess since chemo - brittle, slightly discoloured - my toenails fared much better.  Been afraid to try false nails; I was afraid that the glue would make my real nails even worse.  How do gel nails work?

exbrxgrl... THANKS!!  This mutual love-in has really made my day.  It's so nice to focus on something frivolous and fun and GIRLY.  Vanity UNITE!

Nov 28, 2013 09:06AM exbrnxgrl wrote:

Selena,

I collect metal mesh purses, mostly Whiting&Davis and Mandalian. My favorites are from the Edwardian and flapper era. They are true works of art. I also have a few pre-1900 chatelaine purses. You would appreciate them!

Nancyhb,

Dansko clogs are like no others in terms of comfort. Millions of doctors, chefs and teachers will swear to it!

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 28, 2013 09:07AM SelenaWolf wrote:

OOOooooooo.  Those purses are so pretty!  I have a vintage, needlepoint one from the forties, but nothing as nice as that!

#jealous

Nov 28, 2013 09:27AM shoppygirl wrote:

Beautiful ladies! All of you!

Less than 2mm of cancer in the sentinel lymph node. Dx 1/27/2013, IDC, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 4/8/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 8/11/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/19/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/29/2014 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 9/26/2015 Reconstruction (left): Saline implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Saline implant, Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 10/16/2015 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 28, 2013 10:55AM - edited Nov 28, 2013 10:56AM by SelenaWolf

I think what it is is that we've been through so much with treatment we come to the realization that these little things - pedicures, manicures, hosiery, spending a day getting your hair done - become moments of immense grace and pleasure.  We, finally, clue into the truth underlying that L'Oreale marketing phrase, "... because I'm worth it ..."

Yes, I am.

Nov 29, 2013 04:10AM Momine wrote:

Hey bitches, ooops, I mean WITCHES :D do what you want, but don't step on my blue suede shoes (just came back from shopping, had to share). The skirt is silk tweed in brown, beige and blue, the patterned blue thing is a very light wool scarf, brown tights and a blue T. We have a T-day dinner tonight:

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/19/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/12/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/8/2012 Surgery 3/7/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 29, 2013 04:17AM Momine wrote:

Brnx, I looked up those vintage purses and now I am really jealous too. They are great. I keep toying with the idea of making evening purses, because every time I try to buy one, I am seriously underwhelmed by the available choices.

Nov 29, 2013 05:01AM pupmom wrote:

Love the shoes, Momine! They even look like something even my feet could tolerate, for five minutes at least. The whole ensemble is just gorgeous! I sure you were stunning in it.

Life is what happens while we're making other plans. Dx 10/18/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 2/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 5 of 224 (2,236 results)

Scroll to top button