Topic: How vain are you?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 03:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 10:32AM by SelenaWolf

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 03:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 10:32AM by SelenaWolf

SelenaWolf wrote:

Okay, a few of us have had so much fun on another thread comparing the ways in which we are still vain, that I thought it deserved its own thread.  Everybody chime in... how vain are you?

Edited to add:

We on the "How Vain Are You?" thread recognize that our sense of fun- and humour is not to everyone's taste.  Hence, we have chosen the "Humour and Games" forum to let our hair down.  Although swapping "vain" stories, style tips and beauty secrets are always eagerly welcomed, going off-topic is not a crime.  Neither is bad language or differing opinions.  We recognize that each- and every one of us is interested in conventional, complementary, holistic and alternative treatments as long as there is science-based  research behind each- and every one.  [Like someone said, if honey badger pee as a treatment for breast cancer had hard science behind it, I would be the first in line.]  We reserve the right to honestly discuss the strengths and weaknesses (and dangers) of everything, and laugh at the ridiculousness of life. 

This thread is for sharing and laughter, but it is also about the freedom to DISCOURSE, DISCUSS, DECONSTRUCT, DEBATE and DEBUNK the various- and sundry myths out there about breast cancer and breast cancer treatment no matter what they are.  But don't forget to recommend your favourite lipstick shade along the way.

"... good girls never made history ..."

Page 74 of 224 (2,236 results)

Feb 4, 2014 10:23PM del4 wrote:

Momine - I like the dress, and I ADORE the shoes - oxfords, with a stacked heel - perfect, just perfect.  Looks like you're ready to walk into the conservatory at a country house and serve tea to your posh friends - I'd like lemon in mine please.

Bobo - I implanted ( got talked into it, and that's RARE for me, just couldn't fight the pressure of the surgeon who "really didn't want to do the BMX if I didn't first talk with "her" plastic surgeon.  Well, they put in expanders, and the #$%#%^$%# hospital got to charge a LOT more $$$$ cuz 2 surgeons working - seriously, this is SO true - and I HATED them ( expanders and both the surgeons, women too!).  Finally went to a different PS at a different hospital who would LISTEN to me, and put in very VERY VERY small silicone implants. As long as I'd already had the damned expanders, I figured I might as well implant silicone. I HATED THEM, how they looked, like "man boobs" and felt - AWFUL under the pec muscle. After I got thru my 5 years of Arimidex, I decided to have the implants removed - so I was EXPLANTED, PS who is a sweet heart,  if I'd gone to her FIRST, she probably would have agreed with me to stay unreconstructed!  So she removed the implants in her office, didn't make me go to hospital, local anesthesia, one of the phuquers had ruptured - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE being Cute & Concave, cuz I ain't Flat & Fabulous as many are.  EXPLANTATION - thank goodness.

Try to follow your gut, and do what YOU WANT TO DO - don't be talked into ANYTHING, NADA, NOTHING, NEVAH ( that's Bawstan for never)

Feb 4, 2014 10:47PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

On drinking; I have a drink, perhaps, twice a month. I drink whatever I'm in the mood for. Wine while hanging with my daughter, artisanal cocktails at a great new bar with my teacher friends. At stage IV, though I am doing well, I've decided to fill my life with joy and pleasure, so I don't give a second thought to the drinking. Cheers!

Feb 4, 2014 10:49PM wyo wrote:

I am very naughty tonight- if Selena is adding all those "D"-words which I love can we push deconstruct a bit further and add debunk as in myths, legends and other unproven "things" LOL

Dx 9/2013, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/6/2013 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/6/2013 Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx

Feb 4, 2014 10:51PM del4 wrote:

oooooowwwwww...naughty, sit near me! 

Feb 4, 2014 10:52PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

but promise me that we will never add "deny"!

Caryn

Feb 4, 2014 10:56PM del4 wrote:

athensamazon -   herpes blister  get thee to the health food store and buy LYSINE tablets.  In the vitamin department.  Ye Olde Herpes is often caused by stress, and an IMBALANCE of amino acids - too much L'argentine ( chocolate, almonds, brown rice, etc) and not enough LYSINE.

At the first sign, that annoying tingly almost hurts but maybe it itches feeling on your lip, or near the lips - LYSINE.  ;-))

Back to our regular programing -

Feb 4, 2014 10:56PM wyo wrote:

LOL- I was "that kid" growing up I have to say- I was always nearby when there was trouble of any kind.  We won't add "deny" in my view. 

Dx 9/2013, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/30/2013 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 11/6/2013 Whole breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 12/6/2013 Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx

Feb 4, 2014 11:06PM blessings2011 wrote:

Momine - you are lovely and graceful in that beautiful dress!

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/5/2011 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 8/22/2012 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 9/5/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/22/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2021 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx IDC: Papillary, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 5, 2014 12:54AM wyo wrote:

I do support Lysine based on my own anecdotal evidence but you are right- must catch it early.  I know some take Lysine regularly at least when traveling or stressed. 

I finally let my frustration overcome my better judgement and posted to the Compl. thread- I never liked it when people speak for other people- just have to speak for yourself- thats enough

Feb 5, 2014 02:50AM Momine wrote:

Thank you for all the sweet comments. Those shoes are from my favorite Greek shoe maker and I love them.

Speaking of boobs and foobs, I did not reconstruct and although I am now cleared to go ahead, I am really not keen. I have mild LE in the upper arm and trunk, so if I wear a tight bra-band, I get a large swelling near my arm pit (lymph pools above the bra band). This makes wearing foobs a challenge. I have experimented with various foob arrangements, and they keep getting smaller and smaller Happy. They may well get chucked all together one day, but we shall see.

In the picture with the brown dress, I am wearing a yoga top "stuffed" with a pad from a genie bra topped with a silicone bra-cup liner. The latter is meant to "enhance" but I use it as a foob. It is not a "cutlet," but instead looks like a bra cup made of about 1/2 inch thick silicone. The set cost 12 bucks in the bra store. I realize most women would not consider that "breasts," but I always liked being an A-cup (which I was until my mid-20s or so) and it gives just enough "bump" to make clothes hang right as well as make people think that there must be some sort of boobs in there.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/20/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/9/2012 Surgery 3/8/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/1/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Page 74 of 224 (2,236 results)

Scroll to top button