Topic: How vain are you?

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 02:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 09:32AM by SelenaWolf

Posted on: Nov 27, 2013 02:22PM - edited Feb 5, 2014 09:32AM by SelenaWolf

SelenaWolf wrote:

Okay, a few of us have had so much fun on another thread comparing the ways in which we are still vain, that I thought it deserved its own thread.  Everybody chime in... how vain are you?

Edited to add:

We on the "How Vain Are You?" thread recognize that our sense of fun- and humour is not to everyone's taste.  Hence, we have chosen the "Humour and Games" forum to let our hair down.  Although swapping "vain" stories, style tips and beauty secrets are always eagerly welcomed, going off-topic is not a crime.  Neither is bad language or differing opinions.  We recognize that each- and every one of us is interested in conventional, complementary, holistic and alternative treatments as long as there is science-based  research behind each- and every one.  [Like someone said, if honey badger pee as a treatment for breast cancer had hard science behind it, I would be the first in line.]  We reserve the right to honestly discuss the strengths and weaknesses (and dangers) of everything, and laugh at the ridiculousness of life. 

This thread is for sharing and laughter, but it is also about the freedom to DISCOURSE, DISCUSS, DECONSTRUCT, DEBATE and DEBUNK the various- and sundry myths out there about breast cancer and breast cancer treatment no matter what they are.  But don't forget to recommend your favourite lipstick shade along the way.

"... good girls never made history ..."

Page 76 of 224 (2,236 results)

Feb 5, 2014 10:31AM spookiesmom wrote:

I always liked Este Lauders Beautiful. 

Feb 5, 2014 11:06AM del4 wrote:

my favorite grandma wore White Shoulders.

Amy - I'm off to google mrs. brown, didn't realize there was more - love British humor, anybody ever see Ripping Yarns, from  the Monty Python crew...love it.

Feb 5, 2014 11:10AM melissadallas wrote:

Clinique Aromatics for years and years for me, but I can't wear it anymore.  Have any of you had menopause affect your sense of smell?  I can't bear heavily scented things anymore, when I used to love heavy duty Orientals, etc. Even lots of fairly mildly scented laundry detergents get me now.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Feb 5, 2014 11:11AM melissadallas wrote:

Anyone remember Germaine Monteil Bakkir? It was in a really pretty blue and gold tin spray bottle.

LCIS, extensive sclerosing adenosis, TAH/BSO & partial omentectomy for mucinous borderline ovarian tumor. Dx 5/20/2012, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes

Feb 5, 2014 11:16AM Momine wrote:

I used to wear Chanel #19, but I think they stopped making it :( Lately I have been wearing one from Korres - white tea and bergamot.

Dx 6/1/2011, ILC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 7/23 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/19/2011 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin), Fluorouracil (5-fluorouracil, 5-FU, Adrucil), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 9/12/2011 Mastectomy: Left, Right Radiation Therapy 1/8/2012 Surgery 3/7/2012 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 3/31/2012 Femara (letrozole)

Feb 5, 2014 11:33AM AmyfromMI wrote:

Momine, very beautiful photo!  

Sunflowers, yes!  There are several seasons of Mrs Brown!  I'm so looking forward to watching all of them.  I just googled "Mrs Brown's Boys streaming" and the shows popped up.

Love Monty Python, too!  But haven't heard of Ripping Yarns.  Will do a search for that. Smile

Dx 1/21/2013, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 2/1/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/17/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 5/8/2013 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2016 Zoladex (goserelin)

Feb 5, 2014 12:35PM blessings2011 wrote:

Estee Lauder's White Linen.... *sigh*

Loved it, wore it for years. Now I can't stand ANY perfumes, colognes, lotions, etc. Even scented candles!!! My throat closes up and my eyes water.

Some of the worst offenders? Men, with their stinky colognes and after-shaves... just one hug and my clothes, skin, and hair are contaminated for the rest of the day. I have to change clothes, shower, and wash my hair to get the scent out, then wash the clothes and hope the offending odor washes out.

Talk about Honey Badger pee!!!!! Sick

Dx 9/15/2011, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/4/2011 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left); Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Surgery 8/21/2012 Reconstruction (Left); Reconstruction (Right) Hormonal Therapy 9/4/2012 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/21/2013 Femara (letrozole) Hormonal Therapy 10/1/2021 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Dx IDC: Papillary, Left, <1, Stage IA, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 5, 2014 12:52PM exbrnxgrl wrote:

lipstick- MAC modesty, great for everyday use.

Perfume- Clinique Happy, Elizabeth Arden, Body Basics also called Eau Fraiche, sadly, no longer available.

Dx IDC, Left, 4cm, Stage IV, Grade 1, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 5, 2014 12:59PM del4 wrote:

Lipstick - bet most of you never even saw it, ah, the joys of being older ;-)

Faberge "Stained Glass" - and Cary Grant was in the ads ;-)  He was on the board of the company.

AND, did anyone else ever use the Charles of the Ritz thick, thick moisturizer in the black jar cuz it smelled like bubble gum????

First Lipstick:  MilkMaid "Pixie Pink."   Also smelled delicious - white enamel case with little flowers on it.

Feb 5, 2014 01:14PM AmyfromMI wrote:

nostalgia.... :-)

Dx 1/21/2013, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Surgery 2/1/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 3/17/2013 Breast Hormonal Therapy 5/8/2013 Liquid tamoxifen (Soltamox) Hormonal Therapy 9/19/2016 Zoladex (goserelin)

Page 76 of 224 (2,236 results)

Scroll to top button