Join Us

We are 225,723 members in 83 forums discussing 164,194 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Reading group - suggestions

Forum: Humor and Games — Breast cancer is no laughing matter, but sometimes a good joke or a game is the best medicine.

Posted on: Jan 12, 2014 09:53AM

stellina wrote:

Hello, fellow warriors,

Maybe it's been done in the past, but I find it a nice idea: can we try to have a group reading in here? I'm perfectly aware that we all do lots of reading here with all the research for information about this experience we face. But just delving into the worlds created or recreated by the imagination or thorough research of a writer can be way to find peace and exercise brain...

So, should you be interested in having this group reading, let's see how we organize it. First let's make suggestions of book titles and then have a vote to see which book will be picked. If more books get many votes, we can read them one after the other.

Then set the dates for reading the book per chapters or parts. But if there are more practical ways to organize ourselves, please share.

For book titles, my suggestions would be:

Sei Shonagon's "Pillow book"

Marguerite Yourcenar's "Memoirs of Hadrian"

Yasunari Kawabata's "The Master of Go"

Thank you and I'm looking forward to see your suggestions. :)

Dx 8/17/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 9/25/2013 Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right) Chemotherapy 10/20/2013 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Ellence (epirubicin) Targeted Therapy 1/12/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jan 12, 2014 03:52PM duckyb1 wrote:

Stellina.......love your idea......I am an an avid reader.....live along, husband died 22 years ago, large family, but they have families too, so I get what they can spare........

So I play lots of games on  my Ipad.......read.........and talk on BC.org.....been here since 2011, when I got that dreaded callback.........its cancer........

I am on OMG They Found the Cure for Stupis...........STFU ......Thinking Out Loud..........Older Women With More Sense, and a lot of the games......recently read 2 good books...........

They Killed Our President.....by Jesse Ventura..........Death of Bees.......suggested by one of the girls on the threads.......

I will be back......Now I mostly like non-fiction..........like to hear the truth, or the lies.........lol

Nice to meet you and good luck with the thread............hugs

Ducky Dx 2/15/2011, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy 4/25/2011 Whole-breast: Breast

Jan 14, 2014 07:32PM RedReading wrote:

OK, I've got one. The Shipping News by Anne Prouxl

Dx 11/7/2013, IDC, 1cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/28/2013 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Hormonal Therapy 1/28/2014 Radiation Therapy 2/19/2014 Breast, Lymph nodes

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)