Posted on: Nov 20, 2015 09:57AM
I thought it might be fun to try playing the game 20 Questions. There are many variations so here are the rules I would like to use. If it needs tweaking as we go along we can certainly do that.
1. The first person is the presenter and tells the category: ANIMAL (is or was alive and breathing), VEGETABLE (does or did it grow?), MINERAL (is not alive, doesn't grow, comes from the ground), PERSON, PLACE, or THING.
Example , a leather belt or milk would be a THING, but someone could question if the thing comes from an animal, in order to narrow down the guessing field.
Another Example, a diamond ring could be THING or MINERAL.
2. Questioners will ask a question that can be answered with YES, NO, RARELY, SOMETIMES or USUALLY.
3. The first questioner will number their question as 1., the second as 2., and so on, so that we can keep track. This means that the presenter needs to regularly check in and give the YES, NO, etc answers in order to keep the game moving along..
4. Anyone can use a turn to guess the item.
5. The person who guesses correctly will start the next game.
6. If we get to 20 Questions without a correct guess, the presenter will give the answer and then either offer a new item or yield to another person.
I hope this works out. Let's see how it goes.
Posts 1 - 30 (5,790 total)
Nov 20, 2015 10:40AM Kayak2 wrote:
5. Is it native to icy climates like the arctic?
Nov 20, 2015 10:46AM Loveroflife wrote:
Does it live in the water
Nov 20, 2015 10:53AM Loveroflife wrote:
8. Does it live in the water??
Nov 20, 2015 10:54AM - edited Nov 20, 2015 10:55AM by Loveroflife
Split pea, we posted at the same time? Haha
Edit to correct Splitbean...sorry
Nov 20, 2015 10:57AM Hernie wrote:
I repeated your question. I am getting afraid of big nasty animals in the water :-)
Nov 20, 2015 11:01AM KiwiCatMom wrote:
10. Is it from Australia?
Nov 20, 2015 11:02AM - edited Nov 20, 2015 11:04AM by Hernie
recap: carnivorous land mammal, bigger than a Lab, not from North America or Africa, not extinct
11. Is it in the cat family?
Nov 20, 2015 11:13AM KiwiCatMom wrote:
12. Is it a tiger? :)
Nov 21, 2015 03:48AM KiwiCatMom wrote:
Oh dear..I may need to pass. We're moving this weekend so I won't be on the internet much. May I pass to Split-bean who gave me the clue I needed to guess it? Sorry!