Connecticut Girls

Options
Claire82
Claire82 Member Posts: 490
edited March 2018 in

There seems to be few threads for CT women. Let's get them all together on this one. Share this thread with everyone from CT that you know on here.

Today Connie, Flash and I met in Haddam, CT. It was great sharing our personal stories. Let's start planning another one for Oct. or Nov. Just pick a date, place and time. If you plan it. they will come. :)

Comments

• Hopeful-1
    Hopeful-1 Member Posts: 7
    Options

It was really nice meeting you and Flash today.  I hope others are able to join us in the future.

Thanks for organizing a gathering.

ConnieSmile

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Hi CT ladies-sorry I couldn't make it today but I look forward to meeting you all in the future!

• OneBadBoob
    OneBadBoob Member Posts: 63
    Options

I too am sorry I could not make it today, but look forward to the next time!

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    Options

Definitely have to do this again. Anybody want to meet in September?  Maybe second weekend in September?  October?

l

• Annabella58
    Annabella58 Member Posts: 916
    Options

I am sorry I couldn't make it ladies, but looking forward to meeting all of you at some further date.

I'm tied up for September/October but can do odd weekends here and there in November?

xoxo

annie

• elizzim
    elizzim Member Posts: 1
    Options

I'll try my best to make it next time, too! I would love to meet all of you.

• flash
    Options

Okay let's set up for the second weekend in November.  I'll volunteer my house in the western part of the state.  Leaf peeping should still be on at that point.  It's a pretty drive around the reservoir. If anyone has better suggestion, pipe up.

• Jisman
    Jisman Member Posts: 96
    Options

Flash - where in western CT?  I'm actually in NY yet very close to Danbury.

• flash
    Options

Redding

• Emme
    Emme Member Posts: 85
    Options

Hi Ladies,

Wow we have our own thread now??? I was away for a few weeks and everything is new!  Sorry I missed the get together...things have been rough here.  I have left my husband and moved into a safe-net minsitries home until I can sort things out. I also have been battling depression...I have a new therapist I am seeing today so I hope she can help a bit as well.  Breathe....right?

I hope all is going well with all of you.

Em

• Claire82
    Options

Oh so sorry Emme - I was wondering where you went.

Hopefully we will be having another get together sometime in November.

How are things going with your reconstruction?

• Emme
    Options

Claire-

Im going in for my LAST fill on Monday.  Yipppee... then I have to wait three weeks and have my exchange.  I have been trying to work a little bit.  im still very tired.

I can't wait to meet everyone.  This is so exciting!

Em

• Claire82
    Options

Emme - How are you doing?

I know a few of you are up for exchange soon. Please keep us posted.

Travelgal - sweetie - let us know what your dates are - wouldn't it be fun to meet in a couple months and show off the new boobs?

• Emme
    Options

Well the monday fill is cancelled.  I woke up this morning with a fever 101.8..chills and ches and leissions on my legs...I have been admitted ot the hospital.  It is a possible staph infection...The cultures coe back on tuesday.  I had one for bacterial infection and one for viral.  My biggest concern is that my chest is bright red...I am so afraid my TE are infected.  The surgeon is coming in in the morning to check them out.  I am sooo tired...

Pray for me please!

Em

• Claire82
    Options

Oh no! Please keep us informed. I've forgotten who your PS is.

My prayers are with you.

• Emme
    Options

Orlando delucia is my PS...Im in manchester hosp.  he doesn't come here...so I have another surgeron checking me out...I think Rochelle Ringer comes out here...maybe she will stop in and see me...I'm going to call her tomorrow.

Im really worried my chest is starting to hurt me...Ohhh this cant be good.

Em

• Claire82
    Options

Maybe you should move to Hartford Hospital? Emme - call Delucia's service.

• Carole66
    Carole66 Member Posts: 26
    Options

I just found this thread. I live in Newington and just had a bilateral mastectomy 2 weeks ago and would love to meet up with you ladies.

• Claire82
    Options

Hi Carole :)

Nice to meet you!

Who are your surgeons etc.?

Emme - I'm worried about you. I hope you check in soon and let us know what happened.

• Carole66
    Options

I go to Uconn in Farmington. Dr. Tanenbaum is my Oncologist. Dr. Wilson my breast surgeon and Dr. Chandarwakar my plastic surgeon. My sentinel node came back positive but 2-3 negative. they went from telling me I needed 10-15 nodes removed on Wednesday to now doing 6 weeks of radiation. I had expanders put in at time of mastectomy and not happy to hear those news as the 2 do not usually go together. Meeting with Radiation oncologist tomorrow to get more information.

• Claire82
    Options

Ohh

Keep us informed.

• heebie_jeebie
    heebie_jeebie Member Posts: 92
    Options

Hi Carole, I'm also local. 

Emme:  I hope all is going well for you.  Please let us know how you are are as soon as you feel up to it.

• Carole66
    Options

Well I met with the radiation oncologist but the night before I also found this website sciencedaily.com with tons of study results and some as recent as just a few months ago saying that it might be unecessary to have radiation with just one positive node. He said radiation would work better while I have expanders in so it delays everything coming and also does affect the skin. My oncologist said I could skip surgery AND radiation, some people do it and just go right on to Tamoxifen. I want to finish reconstruction and be normal for a while. I will be tested every 3 months anyway so thinking I may go that way.

• dabicknell
    dabicknell Member Posts: 1
    Options

I am also new, I would love to know date of meeting, would love to come.

• Emme
    Options

Hi Everyone...Im in Hartford Hospital, I transfered here yesterday.  I have a staph infection and they are treating me with IV antibiotics.  As long as I continue to improve all is well...if the rash gets any worse or I run a fever again, they will take out the TE.  Thank you all for your concern...I will check in again soon

Emme

• Claire82
    Options

Nice to meet you dabicknell. Someone will post here the day of the get together. Where are you from?

Oh, sounds good, Emme! I was worried.

• sweetie2040
    sweetie2040 Member Posts: 470
    Options

Hey Ladies!
    I haven't been on this thread for a while.

Emme -thoughts and prayers. I had a problem with a possible infection and had to have my TE  it replaced. I pray that you won't need  too but in case you do it's a minor surgery and there was no pain.  Hartford hospital is excellent too!

Claire-I'm scheduled for Oct, but I have a couple more appts before then to go over size, type of implant etc. I'm very open to comparing results if it helps others. I had two people show me their final results right when I was DX and it was a big relief because they both looked so good. After seeing them it gave me courage and I thought "I can do this".

Carole66-thoughts and prayers.

Anyone want to meet more towards the Hartford/Farmington area?

• Claire82
    Options

Yes!!

• heebie_jeebie
    heebie_jeebie Member Posts: 92
    Options

Sweetie: Yes, that works for me, depending on the timing - mast. is 9/17.

Emme:  I hope you continue to improve. good luck.

• April-2010
    April-2010 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this site but can already tell this is a great group of women!  I'd love to join you for the next get together and the Hartford/Farmington area is perfect for me.  I'll keep an eye out for the time and place.