We are 157,835 members in 80 forums discussing 124,884 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration — Words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2012 01:10PM

M0m2Three wrote:

Hi!   I'm a mother of 3 who is LDS.   I draw great inspiration from my sisters of faith, be they Christian, Muslim, and Jewish.    It is great to work together and let our maker work miracles in our lives.   I feel so blessed and inspired from the stories of faith walking in God's light.

May God continue to bless and heal us, watch over and protect our loved ones, and help us be a beacon of hope.

:)  Janet

Page 13 of 15 (447 results)

Posts 361 - 390 (447 total)

Mar 26, 2015 08:38PM susan3 wrote:

happy you are almost done with rads momz

Nah, didn't run. Had errands to do. Gotta pick and choose what to do. Don't care what the weather is tomorrow, I am running...even if it rains. My chemo before this one put 20pounds on me. That has never happened before. 14 yrs of treatment but I have worked hard to stay in my 8's. Not so much anymore. Lost 8 already but gotta bit to go. Not obsessing over it, just a goal out there that maybe I will make.

Ray. Hope you get some good rest tonight

God bless

Live and love fully Dx 3/2001, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 03/11/2001 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast, Mastectomy of my right breast; Lymph node removal (also called dissection): Sentinel lymph node removal (also called dissection) , Lymph node removal (also called dissection) on my left side Chemotherapy 03/28/2002 Adriamycin (chemical name: doxorubicin), Doxil (chemical name: doxorubicin), Cytoxan (chemical name: cyclophosphamide), Fluorouracil (also called 5-fluorouracil or 5-FU; brand name: Adrucil) , Gemzar (chemical name: gemcitabine), Methotrexate (brand names: Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) , Xeloda (chemical name: capecitabine), Halaven (chemical name: eribulin), Taxol (chemical name: paclitaxel), Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)

Mar 26, 2015 09:10PM MombieZombie wrote:

Susan--Good to have goals. I used to be anorexic. No scales in my house. I only go by what size my pants are. I like size 8 too. Almost there. I gained weight with chemo too, but partly because of the things my doc wanted me to eat. She would complain if I lost weight too. Wow, 14 years? Sounds like a long journey trying to stay well. Is it OK if I ask you how you knew you were relapsing? That part scares me. You can't really ever trust that it won't come back can you? I hope you get to run tomorrow.

The One who had power to calm the elements of earth has power to calm our souls, to give us refuge from the storm: “Peace, be still.” --Robert D Hales Dx 8/17/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 01/09/2015 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast; Lymph node removal (also called dissection): Underarm (axillary) lymph node removal (also called dissection) , Lymph node removal (also called dissection) on my left side Radiation Therapy 02/17/2015 Targeted Therapy 09/09/2014 Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 09/09/2014 Perjeta (chemical name: pertuzumab; also known as Omnitarg) Chemotherapy 09/09/2014 Carboplatin (brand name: Paraplatin), Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)

Mar 26, 2015 10:35PM susan3 wrote:

lymph nodes swelled up in my neck and clavicle 3 1/2 years ago. Not in any vital organs. Nodes, spot on spine, lung and rib. But just small spots. Lots of nodes were effected though, more than 30. Chemo keeps it under control, but only lasts about 5 months, then cancer figures a way around it. There are 4 more chemos out there I haven't been on, after that, only God knows.

It was hard In the beginning, then it just became something I have, and have to get treated for. Happy I got to that peaceful place. I feel like a healthy person...lol. It might not sound like it, but hey, as long as I am still here, I can still make a difference.

Don't ever want to worry about anything so much that I forget to live.

Never had rads....heard that is real yucky. Sorry you had to go through that, but happy you are almost done.

It must take awhile to feel good after you finish. Hope that process goes quickly for you :)

Sleep tight

Live and love fully Dx 3/2001, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, 40/5 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 03/11/2001 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast, Mastectomy of my right breast; Lymph node removal (also called dissection): Sentinel lymph node removal (also called dissection) , Lymph node removal (also called dissection) on my left side Chemotherapy 03/28/2002 Adriamycin (chemical name: doxorubicin), Doxil (chemical name: doxorubicin), Cytoxan (chemical name: cyclophosphamide), Fluorouracil (also called 5-fluorouracil or 5-FU; brand name: Adrucil) , Gemzar (chemical name: gemcitabine), Methotrexate (brand names: Amethopterin, Mexate, Folex) , Xeloda (chemical name: capecitabine), Halaven (chemical name: eribulin), Taxol (chemical name: paclitaxel), Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)

Mar 26, 2015 11:25PM Joanne58 wrote:

I'm back!!!!! Hug So glad you all have resurrected this wonderful thread! I've enjoyed reading your posts and pictures, too. I think you are all extraordinary women with much to offer this crazy world.

So glad you've joined us, Momz! I'm interested in your profile name's origin--too funny ;) And the rads for me was an emotional experience, too. I would sit in the dressing room and cry for a while after most every session, not knowing why. You may have some fatigue that lasts a while when your rads are done, but it didn't really affect my work schedule or keep me from daily activities. Hope that's the case for you, too.

Susan--what a beautiful sunporch!!!! I'm sure it gets lots of use when the weather permits. I really like what you wrote:

"Don't ever want to worry about anything so much that I forget to live." Wise words--thanks!

MammaRay has been using her talents and baking in the wee hours of the morning. I'm hoping you'll post a pic of your wonderful cake you made for the cub scouts, Ray. It's really clever and too wonderful to eat! Hope those little guys appreciated all your time and love in that creation Heart

Yep--I'm totally looking forward to the General Women's broadcast this Saturday. Ray and Momz and I will be watching it, knowing that our spirits will be lifted and we will find joy, comfort and peace in the prepared messages and music. I agree, Momz--I LOVE the wonderful musical numbers!!!! Susan--you can watch it, too, if you'd like, by going to LDS.org on your computer and follow the prompts for the Women's Broadcast on March 28th at 6pm mountain time. I think you can replay it if you miss it. Here's a link for some info on what will be discussed: https://www.lds.org/church/news/general-womens-session-will-focus-on-family-leaders-say?cid=HP_MO_3-23-2015_dCN_fCHNWS_xLIDyL1C_&lang=eng

I really, really, really look forward to Fridays when my last piano student is done by around 6pm. I love my students and am grateful for the ability to help our finances, but I sure love the end of the week when I have the house just with my family in it (when they're home) Here's to Fridays, just a few hours away!!!

Looking forward to reading more good stuff from you ladies! Smile

Love to all!

--Joanne

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 04/27/2011 Targeted Therapy 01/21/2011 Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) Surgery 09/16/2010 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast; Prophylactic (also called preventive) mastectomy of one or both breasts : Prophylactic (also called preventive) mastectomy of my right breast Radiation Therapy 03/23/2011 Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC: Adriamycin and Cytoxan

Mar 27, 2015 12:14AM MammaRay wrote:

Joanne! Doesn't it feel good to be back here. Not sure this thread will ever completely have it's full energy back, but I have a great love for the people here and the support that was shown to me. 2 1/2 years since we met, have I made it feel like a lifetime.

Mombie- Joanne is amazing. She has put up with a lot of my crap and has graciously reminded my friend through my whining. She is a great resource to have here. Hope you are feeling well tonight and have a good weekend planned.

Susan- thanks for sharing with us how your attitude has changed about living life. I'm glad you are making the most.

So, I have a crazy jam-packed day planned on Saturday for my husband's birthday, but I was admitted to the hospital last night (I am fine! Just fat and asthmatic), and I am totally going nuts not being home to prepare. I have 8 dozen cupcakes to make, blah blah... *Sigh* I'm sure it will all work out.

Love to all. Lets all get more then 5 hrs of sleep tonight. :)

Age 28 at first dx (2012), 31 at second (2015) Dx 6/30/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/9/2015, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/01/2012 Surgery 08/11/2014 Reconstruction of my left breast; Reconstruction of my right breast Surgery 09/15/2012 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast Surgery 02/04/2013 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my right breast Surgery 04/04/2014 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast, Mastectomy of my right breast; Reconstruction of my left breast: Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction of my right breast: Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 08/30/2012 Chemotherapy 08/18/2014 Carboplatin (brand name: Paraplatin)

Mar 27, 2015 01:49AM MombieZombie wrote:

Susan--Thank you for sharing all of that with me. Sounds like there is much I can learn from your example. I am still working on finding that inner peace in all of this, but I am working on it. I definitely don't want to waste any time. There is much I want to do yet.

Joane--Lovely to meet you! Thanks for telling me about your anxieties with rads. Today was my worst day yet. Last night was full of nightmares and flashbacks. I barely made it through treatment and I ended up in tears in my dressing room after. I think my techs all think I'm nuts. You are the first person I've met who has shared tearing up after treatment.

As for my username, that's a funny story. It's a nickname my kids gave me. It's got a two-fold meaning. I'm an insomniac and I'm often going to bed when my kids are getting up for seminary. Secondly, one day, I was shambling down the hallway, like a mummy or Frankenstein, as my laughing, squealing children were running for cover. They knew they were going to get tickled and then hugged. My #3 kiddo called out, "Mom, you look like a zombie!" I replied, "No, I'm THE MOMBIE."--since I'm a mom--little play on words. It was a short step to becoming the Mombie Zombie after that. The kids decided it fit well because of my insomnia.

I saw Ray's cake. It's adorable! And I'm sure Joanne is great, Ray, but I think you are great too, and I see why she "puts up with you". Hug

I too am looking forward to a nice weekend. We have family visiting for one. Tomorrow the Young Women are putting on a dinner/fundraiser for Girls Camp. It's a "date night" for couples in the Ward. The girls are providing entertainment and my daughter is going to sing Chim Chim Cheree, dressed like a chimney sweep. I'll be playing piano for her. My hubby is playing the accordion too. Should be a fun Friday night.

Well, time for me to go pretend to sleep. LOL Sweet dreams Sisters.

The One who had power to calm the elements of earth has power to calm our souls, to give us refuge from the storm: “Peace, be still.” --Robert D Hales Dx 8/17/2014, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 01/09/2015 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast; Lymph node removal (also called dissection): Underarm (axillary) lymph node removal (also called dissection) , Lymph node removal (also called dissection) on my left side Radiation Therapy 02/17/2015 Targeted Therapy 09/09/2014 Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) Targeted Therapy 09/09/2014 Perjeta (chemical name: pertuzumab; also known as Omnitarg) Chemotherapy 09/09/2014 Carboplatin (brand name: Paraplatin), Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)

Mar 27, 2015 01:54AM MombieZombie wrote:

My Sister, My Friend

My sister walks with me

Her hand in my hand

As daughters of God

Together we stand

She's older, she's younger

She's tall, medium, small

Wherever she is

I hear her sweet call

She's wise and she's gentle

She's thoughtful and kind

Just like me, I can see

It's by God she's designed

In heart, mind, and purpose

We're a perfect blend

She's my heavenly kin

My sister, my friend

By Sara

I'm grateful for the connection we have here. Have a good night.

Mar 27, 2015 09:42AM susan3 wrote:

hope everyone slept well.

Joanne. Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...long time no talkie :). Hope you and your lovely family are doing fantastic. That was such a beautiful family picture you posted ( a long time ago).

Sounds like a fun weekend mombz. We have couples bible study every other Friday. We host, I love serving people. They keep telling me to stop catering to them..ha ha....they really love it :).

I can't wait till Easter. Great blessed day...double great cause we see our daughter and her hubby in Michigan.

Hey Ray, we got a dusting of snow this morning..yuck again. Hope you are a bit warmer. But next week looks great. 60's. Get your bikini out !!!!

Have a great day all

Mar 27, 2015 09:59AM MombieZombie wrote:

Good morning. Snow? We had such a warm, springy day yesterday, it's hard to imagine snow in other places. I hope Spring comes soon for you.

I'm off to rads soon. I start boosts today. Nervous.

Happy Friday!

Mar 27, 2015 06:26PM MombieZombie wrote:

I was just re-reading Susan's last post. EASTER!! So glad you get to go see your daughter in Michigan Susan. Do you have more children besides your daughter?

I have been so wrapped up in treatment that I forgot Easter is, what, ten days away? I am glad I prepare ahead for these things. I bought Bunny Delivery supplies a month ago, and half the dinner prep is already in my freezer, but the whole thing went out of my head after that. Time for me to start planning. I hope I have the energy to pull it off. I love cooking for Easter. It's the only Sunday I cook a fresh meal for. I love it when General Conference is on the same day.

What sorts of traditional eats do you ladies like for Easter? We have pork ribs, twice-baked potatoes, green beans in a special greek dressing from a place 4 hours north of here. (It's that special!) We also have frog-eye salad, fresh fruit, and homemade strawberry-rhubarb pie. Sometimes I make flan too. Definitely not a meal for calorie counting--haha.

Mar 28, 2015 01:39AM MombieZombie wrote:

"We each will have our own dark and bitter hours . . . if we will lift our hearts to the Lord during those times, surely He will know and understand." – President Dieter F Uchtdorf

Mar 29, 2015 01:58PM susan3 wrote:

we haven't had a typical easter meal since my daughter has been having it in Michigan . Her and her hubby put out a beautiful spread, different every time.

And yes, I only have the one daughter. Took us 10 years and a lot of help to get her. She is quite a blessing,,,and so is her husband.

Really cold and windy here...sitting in front of fireplace.

Hi Ray, and Joanne

Mar 29, 2015 02:29PM MombieZombie wrote:

Susan--10 years is a long time. Your daughter is a blessing indeed!

I was told I wouldn't be able to have any children. God had a different plan...four kids later. I'm so grateful. But I did have to have surgery in order to get pregnant with our second. She's the only "planned" kid and we didn't know if that would work either. Our daughter has Turner's Syndrome and will not be able to have children. She will need to adopt, but this actually pleases her because she loves, loves, loves other peoples' children. She was 11 when she found out. It caused her sadness and tears for about sixty seconds and then she decided that she was happy about it and why. I'm pretty sure she could find rainbows in a dung heap. Father in Heaven was good to send her to me. She teaches me a lot about finding the positive in the world.

That sounds fun to have something different for Easter each year. My DH convinced me that I am too tired and in pain to handle cooking for everyone this year. He's going to talk to his folks today and see if we can do it at their house. So I may be trying new things this year too. I am torn between disappointment and relief. Relief that I will be able to just rest and heal, but disappointed because I am anxious to make new and GOOD memories in this house. I got diagnosed the week we were moving in and most of my memories here are connected to being sick. I feel like I went on a very bad vacation and can't go home. OK, venting done. I know that I just have to be patient. The time for making memories and bonding with this home will come. Patience is not one of my strong points! haha Perhaps that is one of the lessons I'm supposed to get out of being sick. And I know there are others who have it far worse than me. These discussion threads have helped me find some perspective there.

Sitting in front of a fireplace sounds nice. I hope you have a cozy blanket and something good to watch or read too. We are hoping to install something like a fireplace sometime in the future. For one, there are lots of power outages here, so we need an alternate heat source. The previous owners removed what was here before. I don't know what they did for heat in the long power outages. Crazy.

I'm home in bed trying to let my skin have a break. Missing church. I sure enjoyed Women's Conference yesterday though.

Hello to Joanne and Ray! Happy Sunday to all.

Mar 29, 2015 09:45PM susan3 wrote:

patients ...ha...what's that. Lol I have patients with everyone but myself.

My daughter too is happy in dung...and has been in it on mission trips digging to open up sewers

Hope your skin feels better soon..maybe call someone before you try experimenting on yourself next time.lol

Isn't it amazing that something can seem so clear and right until you do it, and then you can't believe you even thought that would work. We have all been there done that and are sure to do it again. Hate to be boring...lol

Night night, sweet dreams

Ray...birthday party over? Or next week?

Mar 29, 2015 10:31PM MammaRay wrote:

Hello friends,

I am EXHAUSTED. :) It is mostly a good exhausted. Hubby's birthday was yesterday and was quite possibly the most packed day of our lives. Really not sure what I was thinking. Not really sure why I thought things that entertain teenagers would be good for a 50th birthday. Ohhhh well. I was amazing that between all events we were joined by almost all members from both sides of our families. So this was our day.

- My son helped me back breakfast in bed for daddy.

- Indoor batting cages and arcade

- Lunch with the family

- Indoor trampoline arena

- Paintballing

- Dinner at Italian Restaurant

- Movie with parents

- Laser tag

Get sleepy reading that?

Susan and Mombie, that is wonderful that your daughters live with such positive outlooks on life. I think I used to be much better at that. I need to work on it.

Mombie, thanks for sharing the poem and the quote. Both were great. I hope you start recovering from rads. What does your schedule look like for the,boosters?

Susan, any grandchildren in the near future? *Wink*

Joanne.... The sunny coast of CA sounds more tempting everyday. Did I tell you Jacob is sick again and doesn't get to see the specialist for two months!?? I'm so frustrated.

Love y'all

Age 28 at first dx (2012), 31 at second (2015) Dx 6/30/2012, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/9/2015, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 11/01/2012 Surgery 08/11/2014 Reconstruction of my left breast; Reconstruction of my right breast Surgery 09/15/2012 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast Surgery 02/04/2013 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my right breast Surgery 04/04/2014 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast, Mastectomy of my right breast; Reconstruction of my left breast: Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction of my right breast: Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 08/30/2012 Chemotherapy 08/18/2014 Carboplatin (brand name: Paraplatin)

Mar 29, 2015 11:46PM MombieZombie wrote:

Good evening :) Glad you liked the poem and such. Thanks.

Ray--WHOA! I'm glad you survived. That is a seriously packed day, but you should really pat yourself on the back for pulling all of that off! My DH's family plays hard like that. I love it. I'm sorry little guy is sick again--that seems like such a long wait to see the doc. What kind of specialist?

I have four boosts left--done on Thursday. Today I was airing out my skin while resting in bed. I had no idea that my arm was sticking to one of the open wounds.....not good. If you think about it, all of these clumsy things I keep doing are pretty funny. This stuff could be in a sitcom.

Susan--Where did you daughter go for that mission?

Well, I'm off to right my son in Mexico. I can't wait for his weekly email tomorrow. That's always the highlight of my week.

Pleasant dreams! Love, Sara

Mar 30, 2015 10:55AM susan3 wrote:

ok Ray......why wasn't I invited...you know I love fun...I'm sad....lol

Grandchildren....nah..he is in med school. Finishing his third year. They say not for at least 5 years. She is only 24 , this month turned 24. I keep knitting baby and toddler stuff for them. They love seeing it, and now they are picking stuff out for me to knit. That is very enjoyable for me. Might not be here when they have kids, but I am finding great joy in doing this. I think that's the trick. Find what makes you joyful, and concentrate on that. Taken me many years to surrender to my control, but it sure is more peaceful. God knows the outcome,and that's good enough for me.

Momz , daughter went to Guatemala .

Hope you are healing

Mar 30, 2015 07:38PM MombieZombie wrote:

Happy Monday

Susan--I am definitely NOT healing yet. Things are getting worse. I'm living off of pain relievers. But I am on the final count of days (three left) and they gave me a prescription of Silvadene for all of the open, bleeding places. I know it will get better soon. We booked our flights to Hawaii last night. Knowing we took another step to making that trip a reality was very uplifting! Thanks for thinking of me and caring. That helps too.

I love your attitude about things. Surrendering control is a tough issue for me. I sometimes think that is part of what I have to learn too. I was anorexic for eleven years. While I don't practice the dangerous physical habits involved there, I still retain the struggles with control and perfectionism that exist with this illness. I appreciate your wisdom and meekness. I envy your calm and I'm actively seeking ways to achieve such inner peace as I study my scriptures and return to faithful daily prayer. I had pushed God away for a while--my guilty pattern when the going gets rough--and I even know better than to think that will work. I'm grateful that God is patient.

Guatemala--very cool. Was this also a proselyting mission? Or strictly a service in labor? Both are admirable, just curious.

How are you? Is the weather permitting you to get your running in? I can't run, but I wish I could. I have severe cartilage damage in my feet from ballet, so the impact of running is murder. Walking is trouble, but that's kind of necessary--LOL. I LOVE pilates. I'm going to start getting back into that next week--gently at first. I'm a human rubber band, so I'll have to be careful not to tear healing wounds in the beginning.

I envy that you knit. I would like to learn crochet. I used to say, "I'll learn that when the kids are grown." I would say it about many things. I'm done putting desired learning and enjoyments off to "later". I think I will get my friend to teach me crochet this year. Do you have pictures of the baby clothes you make? I think the things you are making will be such a treasure for those grandchildren.

Ray--How's little guy? Have you fully recovered from the big party? I hope you got some extra rest so you could re-energize. Thinking of you.

Joanne--Hello again. :)

Mar 30, 2015 08:19PM MammaRay wrote:

Susan, I totally should have invited you. Haha. You're only like 6 hrs away right? Lol.

Momzie, darn it I am SO sorry that you are so sore. That is such a struggle. So glad it is almost over.

Yes, I have recovered from the crazy weekend. Jacob still has a horrible cough, but that has been 50% of his life for the past year. I was able to reschedule his appointment with the pulminologist for a month away instead of two months. We'll see.

Because of some miscommunication, I had a TON of children in my house for daycare today. Poor Joanne called right as one of them started throwing a huge tantrum. I want more desperately then anything to feel like things are normal and live life as though I have no health issues, but I'll tell ya, I am tired. I don't care how many people say I can do it because I am "young." Young or not, my bed is my best friend. and I swear every time the kids frustrate me I break into a hot flash. Ok, I'm done.

Hope everyone has a great night. Xoxo

Mar 30, 2015 08:46PM MombieZombie wrote:

Ray--Tender hugs. You are aloud to be tired. People mean well when they talk like that, but they don't know how draining this is. I love my bed too!! And I have hand fans in every purse, drawer, and room. LOL You do a daycare in your home? No wonder you are tired. I hope you get some quiet down time after all the extra kiddos.

So little guy has respiratory problems? Is there a diagnosis? Or is that what you are waiting for? I have spent many hours in Pulminologists offices over the years, countless hours giving kids nebulizer treatments, and countless hours keeping my kid breathing through the night. My oldest was prone to croup. Number two has severe asthma--the one with Turner's Syndrome. Keeping her alive has been a full time job. Number 3 kiddo had RSV as a baby and was in and out of the hospital for a few years. He's fine now. But he is deathly allergic to bees, so our specialist also conducted bee sting allergy therapy for five years. My youngest was born with a problem with swallowing and severe acid reflux. Everything he drank, and all the acid aspirated into his lungs. We had special treatments and thickened liquids until age two so that we could keep him from getting pnuemonia all the time. At one point they thought our daughter had cystic fybrosis because of her constant and severe respiratory infections. My heart goes out to you Ray. It's hard to watch our kids not breathe well.

My mom is buying dinner so I don't have to cook tonight. My family jumps to pamper me so much that I worry I'll get too used to it! LOL I wonder if I should request someone to fan me with a palm leaf and someone to feed me grapes? I feel blessed.

Sweet dreams dear gals. May you awake with renewed energy.

Mar 30, 2015 11:52PM MombieZombie wrote:

My oldest son is serving a mission in Mexico. When he emails home each week, he sends another letter with a spiritual message that encompasses what he's been learning and he studies the scriptures and teaches and listens to his church leaders. This week he sent home a beautiful Easter message that I wanted to share with you. This could be shared with any Christian. I wanted to share it with you because the message is tied to adversity in our lives. I found it so uplifting.

Hmmm...I guess I don't know how to put a document in a post here. Well, no pressure, but if you decide you are interested in my son's message, PM me your email and I'll send it to you that way. Or suggest another solution. I'll understand if you want to pass too.

Mar 31, 2015 12:12AM susan3 wrote:

Ray....people are obnoxious ..that is my conclusion on life. I am 55 yrs old and have been a hairdresser since I was 18, I have a big family and my hubby has a big family. I can count on one hand the people who,understand what I am going through. I lost my best friend over this. Partly my fault, since she was my best friend and go to person, dint think things would change when stuff got serious. I feel,that you should walk through the fire with your friends, she didn't agree, so it ended. Still have a hole in my heart over it. People say the strangest things. My last chemo, I spent the majority of my time In bed. Five months mostly in bed. I caught up on all my tv shows on on demands..my heart goes out to you..Claire was in fith grade when all this stared happening to me she Was able to fend for herself while I rested. It's ok to love your bed, I am in it with my knitting with a heating pad by 7 most nights .

I have to atop typing, my I pad isn't typing in real time and it's making up words. I have to keep correcting. It has taken me 45 minutes to type this much...lol will try again tomorrow

Mar 31, 2015 12:59AM MombieZombie wrote:

Good point Susan. I'm sorry you lost your friend. I am fiercely loyal and protective of my friends. It's sad that she wouldn't walk through the fire with you, as you put it. It really is hard for people to fully understand any of this. My sister came to take care of my family and I throughout chemo. She stayed for six months. Her help was an incredible blessing, but I often felt like I had to put on a show of strength, because she didn't understand what I was going through. When I was particularly down, her approach was "I can't handle you acting like this." I think it was her fear of losing me that made her act like that. But it made me the one who had to comfort her much of the time. Does that make sense?

Mar 31, 2015 03:14PM MammaRay wrote:

Mombie, I would be happy to hear what your son said. maggiewoods2@live.com

Thanks!

Mar 31, 2015 10:51PM MombieZombie wrote:

Ray--I sent you a copy of that letter. I hope you enjoy it like I did. Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Hello to all. Have a good evening. :)

Apr 1, 2015 11:14PM susan3 wrote:

ok I will try typing again..lol

Momz, sorry about all you had to go through with kids illnesses, very stressful I would bet

Great when our kids do mission trips. I hope he is getting a lot out of it. Every time claire and my hubby have gone on a mission trio, they come back having learned so mush from whom they went to help. Life is pretty cool like that sometimes.

Hope you r getting some rest Ray. Praying for Jacob....and praying for your counseling. Ours helped a lot !!!!

Sweet dreams all.

Little nauseous from chemo today . Might be a long night. It gives me headaches for the first few days to...go figure...actually please do, I can't ....lol. Just kidding, don't waste anytime on that . This ti shall pass.

Looking forward to seeing the kids this weekend. They are babysitting a hedgehog . She can't get him to unball, he is scared...but I am the animal whisperer, ha ha. So I will help her when I get up there..

God bless and prayers to all

Apr 1, 2015 11:25PM MombieZombie wrote:

Susan--Yes, I agree. My son is learning a great deal. It shows in his letters home. Like the one I offered to share with you gals. I know my husband's mission was part of making him who he is today. He still lovingly stays in touch with some of the people he served. I am hoping Richard and I can serve a couple's mission after the kids are grown.

I'm sorry you are feeling punky with that chemo. I had a herceptin treatment Tuesday. It makes me nauseated for about three days or so. We can be the "green around the gills" twins. LOL ugh. I'll pray for you and you can pray for me.

We'll both pray for Ray and little guy.

So wonderful that you get to go see your daughter and crew. Sweet dreams, oh wise animal whisperer!

Apr 2, 2015 12:24AM Joanne58 wrote:

Hello, ladies!

Fun to read all your posts and catch up on the latest. So glad Ray's big day for her hubby went well. What a huge effort and labor of love :) And Ray--I hope Jacob will get properly diagnosed soon so he can get some relief, poor baby. You're doing an awesome job, caring for him and the other children you have in your home.

Susan--that's cool that your family has done mission trips in other parts of the world! You can relate to us LDS sisters, too, as you've seen the character changing and humbling that happens when our children/family serve, fulltime. Please post pics of your knitting projects, too--how fun to make baby clothes! I crochet because I'm a terrible knitter--always dropped stitches.

Hope you're doing OK with the boosts, Momz. You're all most done!!! I liked your sweet poem--thanks for sharing it with us, and I'm glad you're blessed with wonderful letters from a son on a mission. We look forward to Mondays, too, as our son is serving in AZ. He sure loves the Spanish speaking people he's serving. He's still a fun-loving young man and writes about some of the humorous things that happen, but always tells us about the daily "miracles." I'm humbled by the way he listens to the spirit, directing him where to go and who to contact. It always seems to work out.

The Easter pageant at the Mesa Temple has been a huge help for our son and all the missionaries in the area to teach others about Jesus Christ and the resurrection. I'm so glad he's had lots of people attend that he and his companion have invited. It's worth going to AZ to see this beautiful pageant. We saw it many years ago with our 3 oldest children. It would've been nice to see it again when we pick up our son on April 24th--we'll miss it by a few weeks. We're looking forward to seeing him again and visiting the new Gilbert and Phoenix temples. I'm so excited! Our youngest daughter will be back at BYU-Idaho and miss seeing our son by 2 weeks, but they'll see each other this summer. It's going to be odd, having our son in his room again.

Another grandbaby is due April 6th, which will make 5 boys and 5 girls. I'll be in Texas the week of the 13th, helping my daughter with the 3 older children while my Son-in-law is away on business. It will be a joy to see them and spend uninterrupted time with them.

Ray knows how much I LOVE Fridays, but now I'm loving them more because it means one more day closer to General Conference weekend--yes! I'll be making (attempting) these bunny shaped pancakes to eat while we watch the conference in the comfort of our home. Love to all!

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Hormonal Therapy 04/27/2011 Targeted Therapy 01/21/2011 Herceptin (chemical name: trastuzumab) Surgery 09/16/2010 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast; Prophylactic (also called preventive) mastectomy of one or both breasts : Prophylactic (also called preventive) mastectomy of my right breast Radiation Therapy 03/23/2011 Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC: Adriamycin and Cytoxan

Apr 3, 2015 03:10AM MombieZombie wrote:

Joanne--Sounds like you have lots of good things coming up to keep you busy. I'm excited about conference too. I can't seem to find which unpacked moving box has eaten my Conference journal so I guess I'm going to have to start a new one.

Those pancakes are adorable! I might have to get ambitious and try that. Do you place the batter with a frosting bag, a turkey baster, what?

My boosts are all done!!!!! It was tough to finish because my anxieties got worse and worse, but it's all over now. I think I was lucky as far as skin damage. I've finally caved in to some pain meds, but I think I'm going to heal up pretty fast. I'm just hoping I can have the energy to whip my house into shape and cook for Easter.

We have spring break after that. I think we are going to use home for base camp and do day trips. Richard is worried about wearing me out by going on a big trip too soon. The kids seem happy with the idea of a stay-home vacation, so I guess it will be OK. I get worried when we have to plan everything around me like that. I don't want the kids to feel held back. They have been great through all of this. None of them have complained and they all jump to help.

Apr 6, 2015 10:59PM , edited Apr 6, 2015 10:59PM by Joanne58

Glad your boosts are done, Momz!!!! Hope you make some great memories with your fam during Spring break--sounds like fun and a wise thing to do, keeping home as the base.

Susan--how are you doing? Hope you had a great weekend with the kids and the hedgehog?!?! OMGoodness! If you took pics, please post them! Hope your daughter got him to unball.

Ray--I need you to talk me out of keeping my Easter decorations up till June. It's SOOOOOO tempting!! And you know I'll do what I want, anyway, no matter what you tell me, so I guess it's a moot point ;) Did you have a huge egg hunt with all the grand kids? i think it's so cool the way your family all live close enough to make holidays a big event.

I loved all the conference talks and can honestly say I can't choose a favorite--there were just too many wonderful talks that lifted and inspired me! Here are some of my favorite quotes I wrote down: "God cares more about who we are and who we are becoming more than who we were." "He refused to let me fall." "Keep practicing!!" "We can hush our own fears." "Take time away from social media and turn the pages of your scriptures." "When we enter the temple, we leave "us" behind..." "The church has never been stronger." "It's not about seeking new landscapes, but having new eyes." "Salvation cannot be bought by the currency of obedience, but purchased by the blood of Christ."

How grateful I am for church leaders that provide these timeless messages, all centering on our Savior, Jesus Christ. What a spiritual feast we had this weekend! Please share what you liked and learned from the talks. Thanks

OK--We made the bunny pancakes on Easter Sunday, just using a spoon and knife to shape the ears and feet. Here's the one that turned out best: (I added the cantalope and cilantro carrots ;)

Hope everyone had a joyful Easter weekend! Love to all my sweet sisters Heart

Page 13 of 15 (447 results)