We are 187,456 members in 81 forums discussing 140,966 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: The power of prayer...

Topic: The power of prayer...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Aug 22, 2008 07:17AM

Genia wrote:

When I was at the surgeon's office yesterday....there was a lady sitting across from me.  She glanced at me and asked if I was ok.....I was in pain and it must have showed.  I told her that I was ok.....just sore.....and hurting even with pain meds.

She proceeded to tell me her story....about how she had survived colon cancer....and had just had her gall bladder removed the week before.  Here I was wallowing in self pity, because my mediport was really hurting and I thought it might be infected.  She was showing me all the places she had one.....they had to move it so many times because she would get a blood clot....or it would become infected.  Suddenly....I didn't feel so bad!  Here this lady sat......with the biggest smile on her face.......and such a POSITIVE attitude.....while I sat there and fought off my pain.

When I was leaving.....she was leaving at the same time.   I stopped her in the hallway and told her to take care and thanked her for being there and helping me deal with all of this.

She hugged me......and as she was hugging me.....she said a prayer for me for God's healing.  She told me that she felt in her heart I would beat this......with God's helping hand guiding my Dr.'s every step of the way.

I can't even explain to you how I felt when she let go of me.......it was like all her warmth and attitude had been passed over to me.  I knew in my heart at that moment.......I was gonna be just fine.

I truly believe God sends angels to watch over us........and he places them where they need to be on a particular day and time!!!

I'm so thankful he placed her there yesterday........

Genia 

The 11th Commandment.......THOU SHALT LAUGH........F.R.O.G! Dx 7/24/2008, ILC, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 714 of 716 (21,457 results)

Posts 21391 - 21420 (21,457 total)

Mar 26, 2017 07:24PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Dear Lord, please be with our sisters here waiting for their pathology results, going through chemo, preparing for or healing from surgery. Help those with additional health problems beyond their cancer. Be with those who may be transitioning and needing to feel less afraid. Your love is always there for us.

Please be with our sisters in prayer on this thread, especially our sister Footprints. Surround her with your love and grace. Help her needs to be met so she may continue on to do your work in this world.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 26, 2017 08:38PM bcincolorado wrote:

Amen.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 1, 2017 08:31PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Dear Lord, please be with our sister NativeMainer and help her through her health challenges at this time. Help her employer to give her relief from the long hours at her job so she can rest and feel better. She is one of your healers in this world through her nursing work and needs to have help with her own healing at this time. Your love and grace are forever surrounding us and you are always there to help us in our time of need.

Also be with Patty with some of the changes going on her life right now. Help her to have everything she needs during this time of transition and to keep her well and strong.

And finally, I ask for prayers for all our sisters on this thread and on the BCO site. Help our sisters here who are just receiving their diagnosis, figuring out treatment plans with their medical providers, going through surgery, chemo, radiation or ongoing adjuvent treatment. Help the families and friends of the newly diagnosed to be compassionate to those who are struggling through all of this and afraid of the unknown.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 1, 2017 09:46PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with all those newly diagnosed and are very scared right now..

Please lead them to the knowledge they need to make good decisions to help them have good outcomes.

Please help their families as they learn to deal with all that is going on and give them compassion and wisdom to help in treatment.

Amen.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 2, 2017 06:04PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Dear Lord, please be with our sister Lita as she prepares for another round of radiation treatment. Help her to feel strong and to get through all she needs to do. Please also help her with her mobility so she can get to her appointments without a problem. Surround her with your love and grace to keep this disease in a manageable place.

Also please help our other sisters who are struggling through recovery, have PTSD from all the treatment, and the rest that goes with the process.

Please continue to help our sister NativeMainer with her breathing problems. Help her to have the relief she needs at this time from her respiratory challenges.

I am also asking for a special prayer for our sister Footprints that she has whatever she needs to feel better. Bless her and her service dog, Faithful Grace and keep them safe and strong.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Apr 3, 2017 02:14PM bcincolorado wrote:

Amen.

Apr 3, 2017 03:08PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Asking for more prayers for NativeMainer. She is very seriously ill with resp issues.

Apr 3, 2017 03:58PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with NativeMainer. Please help her with her health issues.

Please comfort her and ease her breathing.

Please help her doctors have the wisdom they need.

Amen.

Apr 3, 2017 10:35PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Thank you for the prayers. NM is out of the hospital and home and getting better.

Apr 4, 2017 10:36AM bcincolorado wrote:

Thank you for the healing for NativeMainer. Please help her to get better.

Amen.

Apr 4, 2017 12:20PM Jazzygirl wrote:

BCinCo- reports are she is still home and getting better. We have been worried about her, but she is taking good care of herself.

Footprints, are you okay? Not seen you here in awhile?

Apr 9, 2017 02:51PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with all today who are facing tests and surgeries.

Please help their doctors and medical teams as they work to help rid them of cancer.

Please help their families be strong enough to offer the support needed.

Amen.

Apr 17, 2017 03:06PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with those who are Stage IV and declining.

Please help ease their pain in this time.

Please help their families as they struggle in this time.

Please give them the knowledge they need to know how to assist and give them peace to know they are not alone.

Amen.

Apr 19, 2017 12:03AM ladyb1234 wrote:

"Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

Heavenly Father, coming to you in humbleness on behalf of these wonderful men and women that are apart of BCO. Asking you to bless each one of them with Your loving and Holy Spirit. There are many here that are asking and needing your peaceful arms around them, and asking to rest In your Bosom as they are tried and asking for energy, renewing of strength and wisdom for the challenges they are facing. Asking for encouragement and stillness as they face fears. May they feel Your love as you allow them to rest under your wing and in your bosom of peace. My they look to you as Jehovah-Rapha (Lord that heals) as they go through treatments, surgery, radiation and test. Show them that you are ever present -- That you are there Jehovah Shammah (the Lord is there) as you stay with them as they all gothrough chemo, surgeries,and other treatments, that they will fill comforting love around them. Bless all those that are in a lot of pain and need comfort, please give them strength beyond their own.

Give help to those who are struggling with finances, insurance, or getting disability that they will find help with Your guidance. Bless and refuel those in need of hope and are new here and asking for prayers. I ask that you provide them with your joy and peace and that they trust as they walk this new journey.

Please be with all the wonderful people that are near to seeing You, May they feel understanding, as they face all the challenges and pain. Thank You Abba Father for all You are doing and have done. Give strength to their families and loved ones.

In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

Love Across the miles,

Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary

Apr 21, 2017 10:53AM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please bless all who are waiting on tests right now and scared. Please comfort them with the peace that passes all of our understanding.

Please help them know that no matter the results they are not alone in their struggles.

Please help them find the resources they need to get through and help their medical teams have wisdom and compassion in treatments.

Amen.

Apr 22, 2017 12:11PM ladyb1234 wrote:

Amen, Jazzy and BCinColorado.

Abba Father,

please be with our sisters and brothers who are just being diagnosed on this site and around the world. We pray for them as they await and sit in the waiting room for scan results, blood test and staging. Praying for their medical teams for wisdom and pinpoint accuracy in diagnosis and that each patient is seen as an individual and not another number. Please strengthen their support system, family, friends, co-workers as the results of the diagnosis sets in. Guide them as they learn how to support, encourage and just be there for those who are newly diagnosed. Special prayer for those with young children and those who are facing this journey at such a young age. . Wrap your arms around those, going through chemo, preparing for or have gone through surgery, going through radiation or ready for or Adjusting to their hormonal therapy.

Lord a special prayer for those who may be transitioning I ask that you continue to wrap-up them in your bosom and put a hedge of peace and protection around them to give them a peace strength. Lord, clothe them in your love as you and you soldiers help them emotionally through any anxiety and fear. We thank you for being there as our loving Abba Father.

A special prayer for our prayer warrior and Sister Debbie. I am praying that her health and breathing are getting better. Father we ask that any support or financial needs are being met. And pray for her companion and support system. She is your faithful duaughter who shines her light at all times and encourages us. So , continue to show your deep love for her and that you see here faith and t just in you.

Continued prayers for others on this thread that stand in the gap for others.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/10/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary

Apr 22, 2017 03:59PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with all who are worried about results.

Please be with those with recurrence and may not have a good support system at home.

Please be with all those who are facing issues with financial problems with insurance, with obtaining care they need, and income loss because of dealing with cancer.

Amen.

Apr 22, 2017 07:12PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Lord, please be with the people in my state who are receiving cancer treatment at the Univ. of NM. Please help our leaders to ensure they continue to fund the important work through their cancer center that is being done by this university and the care given to those in need here.

And please be with all our sisters here who are recently diagnosed, going through treatment, recovering from treatment or may be dealing with a reoccurrence. Surround them with your love and peace, and all the right people to help them through.

In Jesus name

Amen

Apr 23, 2017 07:36PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with all with recurrence right now or worrying about recurrence.

Please help their doctors and help their families.

Please give them strength they will need.

Amen.

Apr 24, 2017 12:14AM ladyb1234 wrote:

Amen

Apr 24, 2017 02:13PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

As we begin this week, please give us all the strength we need.

Please help us to keep centered in what is important in our daily lives as we go through this struggle.

Please help quiet our worries and calm our fears.

Amen.

Apr 24, 2017 05:40PM - edited Apr 24, 2017 05:40PM by Jazzygirl

Dear Lord, please be with all our sisters here who are scared and not sure of the future, trying to feel better from the discomforts of treatments, with those who are struggling to keep working while going through treatment, to deal with many questions from well meaning family and friends, to be able to enjoy a good meal to nourish their body. Be with those who are newly diagnosed, in treatment, or recovering. We ask for special prayers for our Stage IV sisters here as well.

Lord, please also be with our sisters in prayer on this thread. BCinCol, Footprints and other who are your faithful servants and care about everyone. Help their needs to be met through your grace and love.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Apr 25, 2017 12:28AM - edited Apr 25, 2017 12:28AM by ladyb1234

Amen

Father, As we face this week and with anxious-waiting for many, Please help them all to know that they are not alone.

Please wrap yourloving arms around them and comfort them in their worries and provide peace and give them strength.

Amen.

Apr 25, 2017 04:06PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please be with all who are struggling now with pain from this disease either physically, mentally, or financially.

Please give all the resources they need and help needed.

Please comfort and give the peace that passes our understanding.

Amen.

Apr 26, 2017 02:20AM Sunny_Girl wrote:

Amen

Apr 27, 2017 12:03AM ladyb1234 wrote:

Foots (Debbie)we miss you and are praying for you!

Apr 27, 2017 10:57AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Dear Lord, please be with Artista with the challenges she is having with infection. Help her to have the best care in the hospital to get things under control and be home soon.

Please be with our beloved Footprints too. Surround her with your love and caring

Also, please help all our other sisters on these threads with any other challenges they are facing right now

In Jesus name

Amen

Apr 28, 2017 03:53PM bcincolorado wrote:

Heavenly Father,

Please be with all facing challenges with weather and travel as our weather has often been difficult this time of year.

Please help all have the ability to be warm and comfortable and be able to get to their treatments in safety.

Amen.

Apr 29, 2017 12:50AM ladyb1234 wrote:

Amen

Apr 30, 2017 04:00AM Sunny_Girl wrote:

Amen

Page 714 of 716 (21,457 results)