We are 190,397 members in 81 forums discussing 142,209 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: The power of prayer...

Topic: The power of prayer...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Aug 22, 2008 03:17PM

Genia wrote:

When I was at the surgeon's office yesterday....there was a lady sitting across from me.  She glanced at me and asked if I was ok.....I was in pain and it must have showed.  I told her that I was ok.....just sore.....and hurting even with pain meds.

She proceeded to tell me her story....about how she had survived colon cancer....and had just had her gall bladder removed the week before.  Here I was wallowing in self pity, because my mediport was really hurting and I thought it might be infected.  She was showing me all the places she had one.....they had to move it so many times because she would get a blood clot....or it would become infected.  Suddenly....I didn't feel so bad!  Here this lady sat......with the biggest smile on her face.......and such a POSITIVE attitude.....while I sat there and fought off my pain.

When I was leaving.....she was leaving at the same time.   I stopped her in the hallway and told her to take care and thanked her for being there and helping me deal with all of this.

She hugged me......and as she was hugging me.....she said a prayer for me for God's healing.  She told me that she felt in her heart I would beat this......with God's helping hand guiding my Dr.'s every step of the way.

I can't even explain to you how I felt when she let go of me.......it was like all her warmth and attitude had been passed over to me.  I knew in my heart at that moment.......I was gonna be just fine.

I truly believe God sends angels to watch over us........and he places them where they need to be on a particular day and time!!!

I'm so thankful he placed her there yesterday........

Genia 

The 11th Commandment.......THOU SHALT LAUGH........F.R.O.G! Dx 7/24/2008, ILC, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Page 716 of 717 (21,486 results)

Posts 21451 - 21480 (21,486 total)

May 16, 2017 09:57PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Dear Lord, please be with all our sisters here and around the world fighting the good fight against this disease. Be with those who are recently diagnosed, going through tests, working through decisions about medical treatment, going through treatment, dealing with SEs, suffering from insomnia, recovering from everything; help those in need of financial support, those struggling to help other people understand their journey, and so much more. Be with every woman (and man) as they work to feel better day by day. You are a gracious God and are always there for us with your love and mercy.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 17, 2017 02:13AM finallyoverit wrote:

Thank you, everyone. To say I am scared silly is a huge understatement, but I know you can understand that. I continue to trust in Him and pray for all of us. While I wish we didn't connect in this way, I'm eternally grateful for each of you. Onward, one step at a time.

Dx 10/2011, IDC, Stage IIA, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 19, 2017 07:27PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please bless finallyover and help calm her fears. We know we are never alone but sometimes it is easy to feel that way.

Please help her doctors and medical teams have wisdom and knowledge they need to help her.

Amen.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2017 07:27PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please bless foots as we know her needs are many.

Please help comfort her and give her all she needs to help get better.

Amen.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 1/29/2016 Femara (letrozole)

May 19, 2017 10:08PM ARCats wrote:

Amen
Dx 12/15/2014, DCIS, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, ER+/PR+ Surgery 1/15/2015 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 2/18/2015 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy 4/10/2015 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 22, 2017 01:59AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Lord, please help our BCO sisters as they begin a new week filled with tests, treatments, and recovery. Surround them with your love and kindness and help to ease their fears and sorrows about all they are going through.

I would like to ask a special prayer for all our sisters on the prayer thread, especially our sister in prayer Footprints. Please help our sisters to have all the love and support they need as they work through their daily challenges.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

Dx 9/14/2012, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 9/14/2012, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 22, 2017 09:35PM bcincolorado wrote:

Heavenly Father,

Please bless all going to tests and surgery this week. Please comfort them and help them have strength they need.

Amen

May 25, 2017 04:40PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with someone I know who is losing her battle with this disease. She is not ready to give up hope and wants to fight.

Please help her doctors and medical team treat her with compassion she needs at this difficult time.

Please help her to accept she cannot overcome this time around and get comfort care she needs to go safely to Your arms where she will hurt no more.

Amen.

May 25, 2017 08:28PM Dianarose wrote:

Amen and God bless

6/10/13 mets to ovary now. Now mets. To peritoneal stage IV Dx 3/22/2012, ILC, Both breasts, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/other, Grade 2, 17/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 5/31/2012 CMF Radiation Therapy 12/3/2012 3DCRT: Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/10/2013 Aromasin (exemestane)

May 25, 2017 08:51PM Jazzygirl wrote:

Lord, please be with BC's friend during this very difficult time. Help her to have whatever she needs to pull through this. If that is not your will Lord, please be with her and comfort her with your love and open your arms to her when the time is right. We are not afraid to come to you Lord, we are just sometimes afraid of the process of getting there.

In Jesus name we pray

Amen

May 26, 2017 03:43AM bcincolorado wrote:

Thank you for your prayers. She is someone from church who had her first round of bc many years before I was diagnosed. She has lost her husband now and was pretty shook up when she had recurrence. She is now in a nursing home and it does not sound like she can pull through but she still wanted to try chemo to see if she could hang in for a bit. Doctors are not very hopeful.

May 26, 2017 04:38AM Jazzygirl wrote:

BC, I am sorry to hear this. I will keep your friend in my prayers.

May 28, 2017 07:48AM footprintsangel wrote:

Heavenly Father, Please be with all the wonderful people here, as

You help them through the many challenges and pain they are facing.

Fill them with encouragement and Your arms to help carry them, Give

them wisdom and Your guidance, like a shield of strength beyond our own.

Be with those here that are facing a lot of trials and need You to help give

them hope and Your caring love. In Jesus name. Amen

May 30, 2017 01:03AM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please bless all going through medical tests and surgeries this week.

Please give them strength.

Amen.

Jun 2, 2017 04:21AM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please be with all who have just lost someone and give them strength and peace.

Please give them a good support system to help them through the rough times to come as they go on without them.

Amen.

Jun 4, 2017 12:12AM Twirp26 wrote:

I am so happy I found this thread! I was recently diagnosed stage 4 with very few options for treatment left. (Chemo resistant cancer) I am struggling with this new reality but know my God will take care of me one way or another. I struggle because I have 2 kids 13 and 10 that are my life! I'm not ready to leave them yet. I am turning to my faith in God to get me through each day. I'm blessed to have found you all!

Dx 11/3/2015, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 27/27 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 12/3/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/3/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 12/3/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jun 4, 2017 12:39AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Twirp- welcome to our thread. Very sorry to hear about all that is going on for you.

Dear Lord, please be with our sister Twirp as she struggles with whatever the next steps are on her path in life. Help her to have the best medical advice for her continued care. Help her friends and family know the best way to support her, and watch over her children as well. We know your love for us is ever present, and surround Twirp and her family with your grace during this difficult time.

Twirp- have you looked into any clinical trial options?

Jun 4, 2017 01:04AM Twirp26 wrote:

Thank you jazzy girl!! I am waiting to hear back from one at md Anderson. I need something called FGFR to target an amplification. My husband has been researching like crazy. Hope to find out Monday if I can get in. I'm praying for a clear path. I pray for all of you as well! Not sure where I would be without my Lord

Dx 11/3/2015, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 27/27 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ (IHC) Chemotherapy 12/3/2015 Taxotere (docetaxel) Targeted Therapy 12/3/2015 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 12/3/2015 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Jun 4, 2017 10:40PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please bless Twirp as she fights to keep going for her children. Please give her strength she will need.

Please give the doctors wisdom and compassion to assist her prolong her life. Her children still need her and she needs to be with them and share her wisdom with them.

Please help them all to have peace as they go on this journey together.

Amen.

Jun 5, 2017 07:15AM footprintsangel wrote:

Heavenly Father, Please bless and fill Twirp with Your comforting peace

as You walk beside her through any challenges or fear. Guide the hands

that are helping her, that all will go well for her. Please be with this wonderful

family of God, as You know all they are facing. Please bless those that are

hurting or facing other health challenges. May they feel Your arms of healing

love around them. Please be with those that are new as You, Lord, guide them

to get the right help. Please bless those that are going through treatment, and

need strength and Your loving arms to carry them through. May they see Your

love around them as they know You will never leave them nor forsake them. In

Jesus name. Amen

Jun 6, 2017 12:44AM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

Please bless Twirp as she goes through this difficult time.

Please comfort her and her family and help them as well.

Amen.

Jun 6, 2017 09:54AM Sunny_Girl wrote:

Good Evening Twirp - along with others I will lift your name up in my prayers -

Patt

Jun 6, 2017 06:38PM Twirp26 wrote:

thank you so much for all your prayers!!! I feel Gods presence as I take each day as it comes. I pray for each and everyone of you. I pray for peace, comfort and continued faith that he has all of us in the palm of his hand.

Jun 9, 2017 10:28AM - edited Jun 9, 2017 10:28AM by ladyb1234

Twirp - along with others I will lift your name up in my prayers. I am asking our Abba Fatherfor comfort, strength and steadfast faith.

-Angie

Once or twice in our lives, we are given the chance to find out just how much inner strength we possess. Usually we find we have far more than we ever imagined. (Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me). Dx 6/9/2014, IDC, Left, Grade 2, 8/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/11/2014 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary

Jun 9, 2017 04:46PM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

As we end another week please bless all who will be anxious over the weekend waiting for tests to come back.

Please help them to be patient and give them the peace that passes our understanding.

Amen.

Jun 30, 2017 05:17AM bcincolorado wrote:

Heavenly Father,

Please bless all who are worried and facing new diagnosis.

Please help their doctors and medical teams develop good plans.

Please comfort them and give them peace.

Amen.

Jun 30, 2017 07:38PM cajunqueen15 wrote:

Father, I feel so burdened for twirp. I lift her up in prayer into your arms and also her children. In this frightening time please give her the peace that surpasses all understanding. The sort of peace that makes no sense under the circumstances. The sort of peace that only you can provide. Father, on behalf of all the mothers with minor children facing this nightmare, I cry out to you for a miracle!

35 @ dx. BRCA2. Disciple, wife, mother of twins (4) & son (3), attorney. e3 trial (complete). Blue/MammaPrint, High-risk Luminal B. Prolia (start 6/16). Dx 7/22/2015, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 8/28/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 2/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/28/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 4/12/2016 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 4/19/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol) Surgery 8/1/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant

Jul 3, 2017 05:00AM bcincolorado wrote:

Dear Lord,

As the weekend comes to a close, please give us all strength to go through the week to come.

Please help us all through tests, medicines, and surgeries and appointments.

Please help doctors and medical personnel be caring and have the knowledge they need.

Amen.

Jul 3, 2017 05:42AM Jazzygirl wrote:

Lord, please be with our sisters here who newly diagnosed, struggling through treatment, or working to feel better after everything. Be with our sisters and their families and friends as they work through difficult decisions, whom are busy and tired as they keep their work and benefits going, for those try to keep kids during the school year and the summers off, and to many here whom are also helping elderly people. Surround any sisters transitioning right now with your love and grace, and open your arms to them when the time is right to join you in your heavenly kingdom.

A special prayer for our sister Cami who has been in the hospital and now recovering in rehab.

A special prayer for our sister in prayer (Footprints) and her special dog, Faithful Grace.

In Jesus name, we pray these things

Amen

Jul 5, 2017 12:38AM Lucy55 wrote:

Amen

Dx 8/27/2014, IDC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 9/14/2014

Page 716 of 717 (21,486 results)