Join Us

We are 221,199 members in 83 forums discussing 161,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholics

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jul 30, 2009 10:17PM - edited Aug 14, 2012 07:09PM by Estepp

Estepp wrote:

Hello,

I am Catholic., and I have been walking with Jesus my whole life...and He has saved me from "me" many times...LOL....

One thing I do, is pray.. a lot. I think we all do as Christians. I headed this thread Catholic only because of what I am posting. All are welcome to pray this anytime.. but I did not want to offend others who are not Catholic, or who might not understand.

A Novena is a 9 day consecutive prayer. ST. Peregrine is the patron saint of all CANCER.

I post this for all who might want the prayer to St. Peregrine. A POWERFUL intercessor.

God Bless you girlies... I sure love ya!

Laura

Novena To
St. Peregrine 

Prayer to Saint Peregrine

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

St. Peregrine was born in 1260 at Forlì, Italyto an affluent family. He lived a comfortable life as a youth, and politically opposed the papacy.  After he experienced the forgiveness of St. Philip Benizi, he changed his life and joined the Servite order.  He was ordained a priest, and later returned to his home to establish a Servite community.  There he was widely known for his preaching, penances, and counsel in the confessional.  He was cured of cancer, after he received a vision of Christ on the cross reaching out His hand to touch his impaired limb.  He died in 1345 and was canonized in 1726.  He is the patron of cancer patients.

LINK TO CATHOLIC INTENTIONS THREAD:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760131?page=1

LINK TO CATHOLIC PRAYER ARCHIVES:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Page 1 of 375 (11,247 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (11,247 total)

Jul 30, 2009 11:50PM Angel10 wrote:

Thanks Laura! I was not aware that Peregrine was our patron, and will use this novena for me, 4 sisters, 2 brothers, numerous cousins...and all our sisters in the Ta-Ta sisterhood!

Bless you for posting!

Angel Innocent

Angel Dx 2/6/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 30, 2009 11:53PM Estepp wrote:

(((((Angel)))))

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Jul 31, 2009 01:23AM barbe1958 wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I've had two visits today in the hospital by priests. One, who I had say a prayer of thanks after my double mast in December, came in this morning and annointed me with oil blessed by our Bishop and we prayed for a diagnosis. Minutes after he left, my doctor came in and I finally got a concrete diagnosis for my kidney after being in the hospital since last Friday! After the doctor left, a different priest came in and we said a prayer of healing. Very wierd to have two visits in one day. I really felt blessed. God has spoken.

Please allow me to join your Novena....and add the strength of my prayers to yours.

Dx 12/10/2008, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 2/4/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Jul 31, 2009 06:27PM TheresaMac wrote:

I am catholic to. I walk everyday with the Blessed Mother holding my hand. Jesus has given me so many miracles through her intercesion. Go to Our Lady, she is the Mother of Jesus he denies her nothing. Go also to St Peregrine our cancer St. Sted fast on your faith.

I will be praying for all of you.

Much Love,

Theresa

Dx 11/11/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Jul 31, 2009 07:06PM barbe1958 wrote:

I pray to St. Peregrine....

Dx 12/10/2008, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, 2/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/16/2008 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Dx 2/4/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, Stage IV, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 2/11/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 2/17/2016 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Aug 1, 2009 09:08PM barbe1958 wrote:

I pray to St. Peregrine.

Aug 1, 2009 09:40PM swimangel72 wrote:

Thank you Laura for this beautiful prayer - I will also pray to St. Peregrine for all my beautiful sisters here! I am also devoted to the Blessed Mother - as an infant I was dedicated on an altar by the nuns (my aunt was in this order)...........and over the years, I have felt her watchful eyes - protecting me and my family, even when I didn't deserve such graces!

3/3/08 Right-side mastectomy with immediate muscle-sparing free tram; 3/9/08 Developed abdominal MRSA staph infection and hernia;Completed 4 months Navelbine and 1 year Herceptin; Arimidex - 3 more years! Diagnosed at age 53 Dx 2/5/2008, IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH)

Aug 2, 2009 03:17AM barbe1958 wrote:

I pray to St. Peregrine.

Aug 2, 2009 02:40PM Angel10 wrote:

Swimangel...how very fortunate you were to be dedicated as a child in such a way!  I have increasingly become aware of how our Blessed Mother is looking after all her children...she is a wonderful model of strength, patience and humility.  I ask for her intecession every day now...
God bless!

Angel

Aug 2, 2009 09:44PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Dear Sisters,

i am happy to have found thisthread.Although I haven'tbeen to church since my dx, I have a specia devotion to the Blessed Mother. She is a wonderful model.  I believe in the miracles that are happening in Medjugorje, and went there in 2000.  Thank you for bringing this up, because Ihave not been reaching out to Our Lady as I shouldhave.  Sisters!

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 2, 2009 11:16PM Estepp wrote:

(((sisters)))

A sweet lady here REALLY needs our prayers. Her name is Pam. I don't want to go into her business... as I feel it is not my place...

If you could pray for her special intentions...

Blessings!

Aug 2, 2009 11:19PM Angel10 wrote:

Estepp, Will do!  And your intentions are in my prayers, too!

Love my family...Medjugorje is on my list of MUST get to!

God Bless!

Angel

Aug 3, 2009 12:28AM barbe1958 wrote:

I pray to St. Peregrine.

Aug 3, 2009 09:31AM NancyD wrote:

What a wonderful thing to start a Novena! If we have someone new join everyday, it will keep it rolling.

I'm joining today, with a heartfelt prayer to St. Peregrine.

Life is good. It's not perfect. but it's good. Dx 2/22/2008, IDC, Left, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/22/2008 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/11/2008 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/5/2008 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/28/2010 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Aug 3, 2009 06:45PM Estepp wrote:

Yes, how awesome indeed to keep a novena going forever for cancer patients...

Aug 3, 2009 06:54PM CAROLMARIE427 wrote:

I will join in this novena as well for myself and all my sisters of this disease.  Everytime I go for surgery I have a family priest who is Catholic pray and annoint me for strength, good outcome, for my surgeons and for peace of mind.  So far, Jesus has gotten me through this walk... 

Dx 7/31/2008, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 3, 2009 08:58PM Estepp wrote:

Wonderful Carol!

Aug 3, 2009 09:51PM mmm5 wrote:

Oh My Gosh, Estepp I just had an intuition that you were catholic, you had posted your favorite hymn on another post and I just knew it, it was my favorite hymn as well.

Another great saint and Novena to pray is to St. Jude. I will try to post the novena tomorrow.

Be well all!

Michelle

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Aug 3, 2009 09:54PM mmm5 wrote:

Prayers to St. Peregrine and St. Jude tonight

Aug 3, 2009 10:42PM Angel10 wrote:

Hi All!

Tomorrow is the Feast Day for St. John Mary Vianney, also know as the Cure of Ars. He is the patron saint of parish priests.  You might want to remember parish priests in your prayers tomorrow. There are many good ones who could use them!

God Bless!

Angel

Aug 3, 2009 10:54PM Estepp wrote:

" And they'll know we are Christan's by our love....."

Love you ladies....

St. Peregrine, pray for us and all cancer victim's.. Amen,.

Aug 4, 2009 08:03AM barbe1958 wrote:

I pray to St. Peregrine.

Aug 4, 2009 08:10AM bobcat wrote:

Estepp - Thank you for starting this thread.  When I was first diagnosed a survivor in my parish gave me the St Peregrine prayer and the medal.  I have carried it with me every day and know that he and the Blessed Mother are watching over me.  You are wonderful to have started this beautiful way for us to pray for each other.

Bobbi

Dx 7/23/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 4, 2009 01:23PM NancyD wrote:

I pray today to St. Peregrine. May his intercession with Our Lord bring peace to all victims of cancer.

Life is good. It's not perfect. but it's good. Dx 2/22/2008, IDC, Left, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 3/22/2008 Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 7/11/2008 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2008 Arimidex (anastrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/5/2008 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 1/28/2010 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap

Aug 4, 2009 01:32PM - edited Aug 4, 2009 01:33PM by mmm5

My favorite Novena, and has never failed me, my prayers are always answered as they should be in God's divine plan.

Novena To
St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,  the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult  cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is  almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive  the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and  sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise  God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be  ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as  my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the  tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.

(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father and the Hail Mary)

jude
Dear Apostle and Martyr for Christ, you left us an Epistle in the New Testament. With good reason many invoke you when illness is at a desperate stage. We now recommend to your kindness
{name of patient}
who is in a critical condition. May the cure of this patient increase his/her faith and love for the Lord of Life, for the glory of our merciful God. Amen.

Aug 4, 2009 01:34PM mmm5 wrote:

I also believe St Jude helps when we "feel" desperate, not just when circumstances are dire. I think many of us feel desparate for peace and this Novena really helps I promise!

Aug 4, 2009 01:44PM dreaming wrote:

Thanks!

After the mastectomy a second diferent cancer was found: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, C.F.M.: Dx 7/7/1991, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 4, 2009 05:33PM Estepp wrote:

Ditto thanks!

Aug 4, 2009 07:29PM Britt wrote:

Thank you, everyone.  Novenas are very powerful. 

Britt/Xena the Warrior Princess Dx 11/24/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 4, 2009 09:26PM Estepp wrote:

Barb.. are you home from the hospital yet?

Page 1 of 375 (11,247 results)