We are 189,012 members in 81 forums discussing 141,576 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: Catholics

Topic: Catholics

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jul 30, 2009 03:17PM - edited Aug 14, 2012 12:09PM by Estepp

Estepp wrote:

Hello,

I am Catholic., and I have been walking with Jesus my whole life...and He has saved me from "me" many times...LOL....

One thing I do, is pray.. a lot. I think we all do as Christians. I headed this thread Catholic only because of what I am posting. All are welcome to pray this anytime.. but I did not want to offend others who are not Catholic, or who might not understand.

A Novena is a 9 day consecutive prayer. ST. Peregrine is the patron saint of all CANCER.

I post this for all who might want the prayer to St. Peregrine. A POWERFUL intercessor.

God Bless you girlies... I sure love ya!

Laura

Novena To
St. Peregrine 

Prayer to Saint Peregrine

O great St. Peregrine, you have been called "The Mighty," "The Wonder-Worker," because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you.

For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fibre of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favoured with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of the sick whom we entrust to you.
(Pause here and silently recall the names of the sick for whom you are praying)
Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy.
Amen.

St. Peregrine was born in 1260 at Forlì, Italyto an affluent family. He lived a comfortable life as a youth, and politically opposed the papacy.  After he experienced the forgiveness of St. Philip Benizi, he changed his life and joined the Servite order.  He was ordained a priest, and later returned to his home to establish a Servite community.  There he was widely known for his preaching, penances, and counsel in the confessional.  He was cured of cancer, after he received a vision of Christ on the cross reaching out His hand to touch his impaired limb.  He died in 1345 and was canonized in 1726.  He is the patron of cancer patients.

LINK TO CATHOLIC INTENTIONS THREAD:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760131?page=1

LINK TO CATHOLIC PRAYER ARCHIVES:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Page 348 of 348 (10,419 results)

Posts 10411 - 10419 (10,419 total)

Jun 14, 2017 08:48AM ElaineTherese wrote:

Welcome, sunnyjay!

I just came back from adoration myself. It is so peaceful in our parish chapel. Yes, I pray for all of us at BCO.org, and often light a candle for my BC sisters and brothers.

DX IDC June 28, 2014, 5 cm., 1 node tested positive (fine needle biopsy); 0/20 after neoadjuvant chemo + ALND; Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy starting 7/23/14 ACX 4, Taxol X 12, Perjeta X 4; Herceptin: one year Chemotherapy 7/22/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/16/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 3/8/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 15, 2017 09:22AM feelingfeline wrote:

Welcome sunnyjay

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 15, 2017 07:23PM sunnyjay wrote:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I went to adoration after work and prayed for everyone here in BCO... Before surgery I would go to adoration on Thursdays after choir practice. I decided to take time off from choir while I recover so I haven't been going. But tonight I thought I'd go and start up my Thursday night ritual.

Here's a photo I took a week post-op that I want to share with you all, since it has given me peace throughout my recovery... A grotto of St. Bernadette & Our Bl. Mother at a Carmelite monastery in our city.

Dx 3/23/2017, DCIS/IDC, Left, 4cm, Grade 1, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/17/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Surgery 5/19/2017 Lymph node removal: Underarm/Axillary Chemotherapy

Jun 16, 2017 04:34AM feelingfeline wrote:

Beautiful.

Dx 1/20/2012, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, 3/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 4/2/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 7/30/2012 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 8/5/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2015 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 20, 2017 07:01AM GrammyR wrote:

1. RonnieKay -my good friend and others -thought it about time to update . Not really leaving my room too much now coz of breathing issues but am at least pain under better control . Snooze a lot.. NO THINGS did not go so well on Sunday with my son -long story but hope it gets resolved .
RHH Dx 12/1/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, 1/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/6/2006 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 7/3/2013 Lymph nodes Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs/other, Grade 3, 6/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/17/2013 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 20, 2017 08:36AM ElaineTherese wrote:

GrammyR,

Glad to hear that your pain is under better control. Praying that you and your son can resolve your differences. Peace, sister.

DX IDC June 28, 2014, 5 cm., 1 node tested positive (fine needle biopsy); 0/20 after neoadjuvant chemo + ALND; Grade 3; ER+ PR+ HER2+ Neoadjuvant chemotherapy starting 7/23/14 ACX 4, Taxol X 12, Perjeta X 4; Herceptin: one year Chemotherapy 7/22/2014 AC Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 9/16/2014 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 9/16/2014 Taxol (paclitaxel) Surgery 1/11/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary Hormonal Therapy 2/24/2015 Aromasin (exemestane), Zoladex (goserelin) Radiation Therapy 3/8/2015 Breast, Lymph nodes

Jun 21, 2017 11:07PM - edited Jun 21, 2017 11:11PM by feelingfeline

GrammyR Heart

My DH's sweet Mom died of bowel cancer 4 years ago. She was in South FL and we live in Ireland.

DH had not been able to take in how sick she was. This was of course partly because he was not seeing her, just talking on the phone. He flew over when she had the original surgery but had not seen her since that.

His Mom dealt with her illness by a certain amount of denial. Please believe me I have no criticism of this. With such a devastating diagnosis each person has to find their own way to cope, and this was her way.

I knew she was very sick because I recognised I was hearing things about her condition that sounded so much like things I had heard so many times about other very sick people. I am an only child so have been around adults, hearing adult talk all my life. Everything about his Mom's dterioration was ringing those alarm bells.

He was going over for his annual trip just after Christmas to visit his Mom with his 2 sons (from his first marriage) and was planning that part of the stay would be what he normally did on such trips - involving his Mom, other grandchildren etc all going for a big trip to Disney and Universal theme parks and Busch Gardens, everyone sleeping on floor at ex SIL's house in Orlando etc. His Mom was on permanent chemo, carrying a chemo pack, and getting weaker and I felt from everything I was seeing and hearing about her condition that absolutely no way was she well enough to do any of this. Just the risk of infection was so bad for her, never mind that she was not physically strong enough. However she did not tell him that she couldn't do these things anymore. Maybe she genuinely thought she would manage, I really don't know. So he was planning all this usual jam-packed activity, long car trips etc over the phone and as far as I could see she was dying. In a completely unplanned outburst I ended up screaming at him that his Mom was very sick and he should not be thinking of putting her through all this, her sleeping on the floor etc. He did get a terrible shock from my outburst and it was in no way a well thought out way to tell him what I felt, I was acting in pure desperation and emotion. He rang ex SIL then, and she told him that he "would see a great change" in his Mom when he came over. When he heard that from someone over there he understood. He still made the visit but it was a much different visit - not filled with 5 hour car trips and roller-coasters, but instead them all sticking close to home and spending time with her. He also made 2 more visits by himself over the following 2 remaining months of her life, thank God, so got to spend a lot of time with her and be a real help support and advocate for her before she was called home.

I am just telling you my experience because I thought it just could be possible that some of your difficulties talking with DS might be because he too is dealing with grief at your illness - in whatever way he does that. We are not always very clever and do not always choose the best ways to handle ourselves.

Best wishes for coming to a place of understanding and peace for both of you.

Heart

Jun 23, 2017 04:35PM GrammyR wrote:

Feelingfeline -sent you a PM !

RHH Dx 12/1/2005, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIB, 1/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 2/6/2006 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 7/3/2013 Lymph nodes Dx 7/25/2013, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs/other, Grade 3, 6/22 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Hormonal Therapy 8/17/2013 Aromasin (exemestane)

Jun 23, 2017 08:40PM feelingfeline wrote:

Thank you GrammyR I have got that. Hugs to you. XXX

Page 348 of 348 (10,419 results)