Join Us

We are 222,388 members in 83 forums discussing 162,483 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I Come to the Garden...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jan 25, 2010 01:25PM - edited Jan 25, 2010 01:27PM by Meece

Meece wrote:

In some of the other threads we have seen beautiful pictures of flowers, gardens and other beautiful scenes of God's creation.  I wanted to find a place that we can come, meditate and pray, and enjoy these amazing works of God.

Dear Heavenly Father,

Bless these women who travel into Your Garden to spend time with you.  You know their trials and the pain they endure.  May you give them comfort and peace.  Strengthen them when they are weak.  And bless thoose who come to support them.

It is in Your name we pray,

Amen

Photobucket

I Come to the Garden Alone    I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.
I'd stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

C. Austin Miles,
Sure it's tough, but so are you! Dx 11/23/2003, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/5/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/1/2004

Page 1 of 195 (5,848 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (5,848 total)

Jan 25, 2010 03:51PM - edited Jan 25, 2010 08:16PM by Meece

Photobucket

Sure it's tough, but so are you! Dx 11/23/2003, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/16 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 2/5/2004 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 8/1/2004

Jan 25, 2010 03:56PM sheila888 wrote:

Meece...Thank You for opening this thread. I really belong here

Are we limited how many pictures we can post in a day?  LOL

Sheila♥ Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 8/21/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/12/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Dx 11/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 25, 2010 04:05PM - edited Jan 25, 2010 04:08PM by Meece

Sheila, Post as many as you'd like.  I will gather a boquet of Sisters who post here.  I am sure it will be the most beautiful bouquet ever!

Of course it won't be limited to flowers, just beautiful Garden Creations:

Photobucket

Jan 25, 2010 04:06PM sheila888 wrote:

Sheila♥ Dx 4/8/2005, IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 8/21/2015, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 10/12/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Dx 11/2018, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to bone/liver/lungs, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 25, 2010 06:11PM Susan313 wrote:

These pictures are beautiful!  Thanks

Dx 3/23/2009, 5cm, Stage I, 0/3 nodes, ER+

Jan 25, 2010 06:31PM sheila888 wrote:

Jan 25, 2010 06:48PM spar2 wrote:

FLOWER.jpg image by findstuff22
www.spar2.multiply.com Lets help make each other's life better

Jan 25, 2010 07:51PM Meece wrote:

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

And when I think, that God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Photobucket

Jan 25, 2010 08:15PM - edited Jan 25, 2010 08:16PM by Meece

I received the following information in an email a year or so ago.  I am not a scientist so I cannot confirm that the health benefits litsted are true, but the thought of these observations is another opportunity to praise our creator.  The vegie pics are for you, Sheila!

1. A sliced Carrot resembles the human eye including the pupil, iris, and radiating lines. Science indicates that carrots help protect the vision, especially night vision. WHFoods: Carrots

carrot Pictures, Images and Photos

2. A Tomato has up to four chambers and is commonly red. Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and helps prevent heart disease, prostate cancer, breast cancer and more. Tomato juice can also reduce the tendency toward blood clotting. WHFoods: Tomatoes

Tomato Slice Pictures, Images and Photos

3. Grapes hang in a cluster that resembles the shape of the heart. The stronger the color of the grape is, the higher the concentration of phytonutrients. Grapes prevent heart disease and reduce platelet clumping and harmful blood clots. WHFoods: Grapes

grapes Pictures, Images and Photos

4. Walnuts resemble the brain, mimicking the wrinkles and folds of the neocortex. Research suggests that walnuts may reduce the risk or delay the onset of Alzheimer's disease. Walnut - Wikipedia The high concentration of omega-3 fats in walnuts promotes healthy brain function. WHFoods: Walnuts

Walnut Pictures, Images and Photos

5. Kidney Beans, true to their name are kidney shaped. They provide nutrients that are helpful to the human kidneys. Kidney beans contain molybdenum, which helps sulfite oxidase to form and is responsible for detoxifying sulfites WHFoods: Kidney beans. Animal research has shown that chronic renal failure has been associated with oxidative stress Sulfite-mediated oxidative stress in kidney cells.

kidney beans Pictures, Images and Photos

6. Celery has a bone like appearance and is rich in silicon and Vitamin K, which are needed for healthy joints and bones Gillian McKeith You Are What You Eat

celery Pictures, Images and Photos

7. Avocados were used by the Aztecs as a sex stimulant and the Aztec name for avocado was ahuacatl, meaning "testicle" History of Avocados. An extract of avocado impedes the growth of both androgen-dependent and androgen-independent prostate cancer cells. WHFoods: Avocados

avocados Pictures, Images and Photos

8. Figs have a rich history and often been referred to as a sexual food, this is partly symbolic due to the appearance of the fruit. Figs are loaded with seeds and when halved, many note a resemblance to female genitalia. The Hindu name for fig is anjeer and research has shown that anjeer is helpful for sexual weakness Ficus carica - medicinal plants. Figs have also been mentioned as a source helpful for male fertility and motility. Health-info.org

figs Pictures, Images and Photos

9. Oranges, Grapefruits and other Citrus fruits have been compared to the appearance of female mammary glands. These fruits contain nutrients that are helpful in the fight against breast cancer. Health Benefits of Citrus Limonoids Explored

oranges Pictures, Images and Photos

10. Sliced Onions resemble skin cells and contain quercetin. Studies have shown when treated with a combination of quercetin and ultrasound at 20 kHz for 1-minute duration, skin and prostate cancers show a 90% mortality within 48 hours with no visible mortality of normal cells. Quercetin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

purple onion Pictures, Images and Photos

11. Sweet Potatoes resemble the pancreas and have a low glycemic index count, which is beneficial for diabetics. North Carolina Sweet Potato Commission

yams Pictures, Images and Photos

12. Olives resemble ovaries and may help reduce hot flashes in women going through menopause. WHFoods: Olives Research indicates that Olive Oil may reduce ovarian cancer by 30%. ACS: Olive Oil May Lower Ovarian Cancer Risk

olives Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 25, 2010 08:33PM deborye wrote:

night blooming cereus
~~~Deb~~~NEVER GIVE UP/NEVER SURRENDER**IDC 6mm & DCIS 7mm

Jan 25, 2010 08:34PM deborye wrote:

Jan 25, 2010 08:41PM Meece wrote:

Welcome, Debbie.  Are those passion flowers or Clematis?

FLOWERS Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 25, 2010 08:50PM deborye wrote:

Night Blooming Cereus, I had a beautiful plant until the frost got it.

Jan 25, 2010 09:10PM faithandfifty wrote:

What a brilliant topic for a thread.

Tonight I am just capable of soaking up the posts from each of you.

Last summer, I took gazillions of pictures, attempting to learn about my camera -- of flowers & gardens. I promise to share when I get a grip.

Keep up with my travels at: www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com

Jan 25, 2010 09:19PM sheila888 wrote:

Faith  Im still trying to learn how to post real pictures from my new Camera that Santa Clause was kind enough to remember to order it from Amazon LOL

Jan 25, 2010 09:34PM sheila888 wrote:

Mango Tree   (or ? )

Jan 25, 2010 09:48PM - edited Jan 25, 2010 09:49PM by DebbieSawyer

May I add one? My picture isn't a close up of flowers, but it is a picture I cherish daily: it's looking east from the back deck of my home. That view of potted flowers and majestic green hills makes my heart soar! Hope I didn't intrude on the thread...

Jan 25, 2010 10:38PM Meece wrote:

Debbie, thank you for your post.  It doesn't have to be close ups of flowers.  Just pictures that show our appreciation of God's hanidwork.

baby man hands Pictures, Images and Photos

Psalm 139:13-16 (New International Version)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Jan 26, 2010 12:17AM - edited Jan 27, 2010 12:44AM by Meece

I have been walking on air for the past day and a half.  My DS#2 is stationed at Kadena AB in Japan.  Since joing the USAF 4 1/2 years ago he has gone through some trials, not to mention those from our past.  He was on the phone wit me a month ago and admitted that he knew that God has a purpose for everything but can't understand what the reason for his circustances is.  I assured him that it was for our eternal life, but I was not able to remember the scripture which would comfort him about this.

Anyway, I ran across a BC sister, who has just begun chemo, on another thread.  She lives in Okinowa and Her husband pastors a church there.  Friday evening I spoke with Ds and asked him if he would go to their church sometime, and give grace my greetings.  He said sure, and yesterday, he did!  Grace was unfortunately not there because she is not feeling up to par after her first chemo last Wednesday.  But throught this website, my son has a connection to a church halfway around the world! please join me in prayer that DS continues to attend church and gets fed with the Word.  this is one happy mom. 

Edited to make son's years in the military accurate and my age younger.

.WATERFALLS Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 26, 2010 05:19PM - edited Jan 26, 2010 05:21PM by Meece

Red Eye on Bromiliad Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 26, 2010 06:11PM sheila888 wrote:

Hi MeeceWink

Jan 26, 2010 07:30PM deborye wrote:

I had one of these Blue Morpho Butterflies land on me at The Butterfly Place in Westford, MA.

They are big and beautiful.

Jan 26, 2010 08:19PM Meece wrote:

This is at my very favorite amusement park:

Gilroy

Jan 27, 2010 12:27AM Meece wrote:

cross Pictures, Images and Photos

This one is for Jan:

The Old Rugged Cross

On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,
The emblem of suffering and shame;
And I love that old cross where the dearest and best
For a world of lost sinners was slain.

So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,
Till my trophies at last I lay down;
I will cling to the old rugged cross,
And exchange it some day for a crown.

O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world,
Has a wondrous attraction for me;
For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above
To bear it to dark Calvary.

In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine,
A wondrous beauty I see,
For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died,
To pardon and sanctify me.

To the old rugged cross I will ever be true;
Its shame and reproach gladly bear;
Then He'll call me some day to my home far away,
Where His glory forever I'll share.

Jan 27, 2010 12:37AM Meece wrote:

And one more for Jan,

JUST A CLOSER WALK WITH THEE

Just a closer walk with Thee,
Grant it, Jesus, is my plea,
Daily walking close to Thee,
Let it be, dear Lord, let it be.

I am weak, but Thou art strong;
Jesus, keep me from all wrong;
I'll be satisfied as long
As I walk, let me walk close to Thee.

Through this world of toil and snares,
If I falter, Lord, who cares?
Who with me my burden shares?
None but Thee, dear Lord, none but Thee.

When my feeble life is o'er,
Time for me will be no more;
Guide me gently, safely o'er
To Thy kingdom shore, to Thy shore.

HDR Mountain Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 27, 2010 03:37AM Eph3_12 wrote:

I don't have pics to post, but all of yours are beautiful!

I can't sleep tonight for some reason so I'm taking a gander around.

Love the words to the hymns being close at hand.

Joni

God Bless Your Day-Joni2 Dx 4/2/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 27, 2010 08:42AM Meece wrote:

Eph3_12,  I am sorry you are having trouble sleeping, but I am glad you are enjoying the gardenrainbows~ Pictures, Images and Photos

Jan 27, 2010 10:35PM sheila888 wrote:

She was lost in my garden.

Jan 27, 2010 10:56PM - edited Jan 27, 2010 11:02PM by kcl65

Thanks so much for this beautiful topic, it is so calming. I hope you don't mind me jumping in? Here is something that comforted me during my dx, surgery, and recovery.

Psalm 91 (The Message)

You who sit down in the High God's presence, spend the night in Shaddai's shadow,
   Say this: "God, you're my refuge.
      I trust in you and I'm safe!"
   That's right—he rescues you from hidden traps,
      shields you from deadly hazards.
   His huge outstretched arms protect you—
      under them you're perfectly safe;
      his arms fend off all harm.
   Fear nothing—not wild wolves in the night,
      not flying arrows in the day,
   Not disease that prowls through the darkness,
      not disaster that erupts at high noon.
   Even though others succumb all around,
      drop like flies right and left,
      no harm will even graze you.
   You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance,
      watch the wicked turn into corpses.
   Yes, because God your refuge,
      the High God your very own home,
   Evil can't get close to you,
      harm can't get through the door.
   He ordered his angels
      to guard you wherever you go.
   If you stumble, they'll catch you;
      their job is to keep you from falling.
   You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes,
      and kick young lions and serpents from the path.

"If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God,
      "I'll get you out of any trouble.
   I'll give you the best of care
      if you'll only get to know and trust me.
   Call me and I'll answer, be at your side in bad times;
      I'll rescue you, then throw you a party.
   I'll give you a long life,
      give you a long drink of salvation!"

Edited to add where I got the scripture www.biblegateway.com

Jan 27, 2010 11:39PM faithandfifty wrote:

I've been singing the verse

"Oh God our help in ages past, our hope for years to come.

Our shelter from the stormy blast, and our eternal home."

Who can find the other verses?

I'll post some great flowers/garden/creation pictures..... honest I promise.

Keep up with my travels at: www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 195 (5,848 results)