Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: I feel so alone

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Apr 7, 2010 11:13PM

PeanutsMom wrote:

I would really appreciate your prayers.  I've felt very alone since my diagnosis in 2008.  I cannot related to my friends or family any more, and I cannot find other cancer patients or survivors with similar stories or feelings.  I am a single mother, and my little girl needs me to be okay.  We need a support network, and I need some hope.

Dx 7/7/2008, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

Jun 5, 2010 07:04PM Musical wrote:

Hi Peanuts mom, I see no one has answered you and Im so sorry this has happened to you. Theres nothing worse than posting on a forum and this happens.  : ( . Sometimes it can just be a genuine oversite but I'd like to chime in and at least hopefully make that right . How are you now?  I will pray for you. I havent read "your story" but theres no BC story that doesnt fit in here and certainly if its in a Christian thread. Indeed our only true hope is in Jesus and if you are still watching for a reply  (I wouldnt blame you if you arent)  and want to PM me for support,  feel free.

Blessings

Musical.

Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

Jun 6, 2010 10:59PM PeanutsMom wrote:

Musical,

:)  Sometimes even a late response can give us a little hope and peace. Thank you for your reply.

- PeanutsMom

Dx 7/7/2008, 0/3 nodes, ER+, HER2+

Jun 6, 2010 11:03PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

I don't know how it was that you had no responses thus far, but sweetie, you are not alone!!  There are many wonderful women on this forum who will offer you support and encouragement.  I am sending you my love and support right now.  How are you feeling? How is your little girl?  Please know that I care!! xo

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 7, 2010 06:51PM Musical wrote:

PeanutsMom, lovely to hear back from you! I'm still hoping and praying you are OK? Indeed your little girl needs you and so I hope you are OK. Have you found any support nearby where you can contact people "in the flesh"? This is always preferable to online contact I feel, but still, we do the best we can even with so many limitations to communicating by computer. ANywayz, we are thinking of you no matter where you are situated, and if I was nearby Id like to come and give you a big hug! It can sometimes be hard to find somewhere where you fit in, especially if you are looking for for people exactly like you. I dont have any young children, and indeed we are all unique but thankfully with (true) Christians we all also (should) share a unique unity.

Anyway, you'll be in my prayers.

Musical

Psa 119:105 NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. (KJV)

Jun 9, 2010 05:39PM kindone wrote:

PeanutsMom, I am sending your prayers so you may fell all the love we are sending you. My prayer is you have a long and healthy life so you will be here for your little girl in Jesus name.

Betty

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Jun 9, 2010 05:48PM SusieMTN wrote:

PeanutsMom - Just wanted to say, YOU are not alone. We are all in this together us cancer survivors.  What is going on with you now, how are you doing?  How old is your daughter?

We were both diagnosed in July of '08. Feel free to PM, I am always willing to listen.  Cancer is without a doubt a very scary thing life changing event and honestly I don't think I could have really known how someone would feel without going thru this myself.  We are all "sisters" here and know that there are many women here to listen to your concerns.  

((((((((((((((((Big Hugs))))))))))))))))))

Susie

When I grow up I STILL want to be an old woman.....Mets and ALL! Dx 7/22/2008, ILC, 6cm+, Stage IV, 2/3 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jun 9, 2010 07:06PM Kodapants wrote:

My prayers go out to you.  I know all about feeling alone. This is a lonely disease,  but this forums and others can really help.  I too was diagnosed in 2008 and for the first 6 months was in shock to say the least.

God bless!

Koda 

kodapants Dx 4/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/26/2013, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 9, 2010 07:10PM g94u67 wrote:

Oh Peanuts mom, we BC sistas know all too well the loneliness and depression.  It is undoubtedly the most difficult crisis you will face.

Hang in there...we're here for you and I'm praying for you.

I not only was dx in 08 but had recurrence in 09...I'm praying 2010 is a better year.

xoxo Jeannine :)

Live, Laugh, Love and Keep Smiling`I may have cancer, but it doesn't have me/It's not over until God's says it's over Dx 7/2/2008, IDC, 2cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 20, 2010 06:01PM CEBsMom wrote:

Peanut's Mom--

I too am a single mom raising a daughter--she is eight.  I just joined the discussion for the first time this morning but your email thread caught my eye.  People that distance themselves from you are uncomfortable w/ the dx--it's not like they can catch it--they are your fair-weathered friends.  You need to make an effort to get out--I know it's hard but it WILL make you feel better.  I was just diagnosed a month or so ago and start my chemo tomorrow.  It's so hard telling your daughter--choosing the words that won't freak her out and at the same time telling her the truth. I am her sole provider but am Blessed w/ a good job, understanding boss, workgroup and family support. 

My prayers go out to you -- hope you are doing well and hope to hear from you!

CEBs Mom Dx 5/5/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/16 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 30, 2010 10:54AM Spoonchek wrote:

Bump....this needs to be highlighted again.....I can relate to your post PeanutsMom about feeling alone.....I hope you're doing better now but its a very difficult jouney and so I think feeling alone is very normal unfortunately.....

Hugs to you,

Teri

Mets to bones and skin Dx 5/26/2008, IBC, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 29/29 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Dx 6/6/2009, IBC, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 21, 2011 10:50AM heavenschild wrote:

Hello!  Just diagnosed in December, it was a real kick in the pants. There might be someone in your area through this forum that you can meet with, I highly encourage it.  It helped me to be able to talk with someone who had been through it, but also had the faith that something GOOD would come out of it.  Though this ordeal I have had a lot of questions about why God has allowed pain and suffering and it has helped.  He is there for me and He will be for you too!  Hugs!

Dx 11/27/2010, DCIS, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/28/2010 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Surgery 1/27/2011 Lumpectomy: Right Radiation Therapy 3/9/2011 Breast Dx 11/2012, DCIS, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/22/2013 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Surgery 6/6/2013 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

Jan 21, 2011 08:12PM Traci-----TripNeg wrote:

Hi PeanutsMom,

Where do you live? You might have a BC Sister in your neighborhood!! Sad, but could be true.

Have you tried the chat rooms? That's instant conversation, and of course the girls are awesome.

Hang in there sister. It's not easy what we are going through.

((((hugs))))

Traci

Trip Neg BRCA + If I never look behind me, my troubles will be few. Supertramp. Dx 2/12/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)