Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Accountabilty Partners

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 25, 2010 10:45PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:01AM by GrandmaBubba

GrandmaBubba wrote:

Over the last year or so I have really lapsed on my Bible Studies. I don't treat my husband with the respect he deserves. I get angry for no apparent reason. I need an accountiblity partner that knows what I'm going through. Maybe a lot of partners. I'm hoping this thread will give us a chance to connect and be accountable. Tonight I'm starting a chronilogical reading plan. I'll include the address in case anyone wants to join me.

Hoping to meet many sisters in Christ.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/bible-reading-plan/read.aspx

Tonia - For I know the plans I have for you.... Dx 5/2/2010, ILC, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Nov 6, 2010 06:53PM karen4u wrote:

Hello Bubba,

Thanks so much for this thread.  I went to the website and joined up also.  Wow, what a tremendous tooI for studying.  I chose the chronological version also.  I have thought of buying that type of Bible on numerous occasions but I just never have.  I just finished my first 3 chapters and am excited about tomorrows reading and also communicating with others that may join this thread.  I notice that you are ER/PR +.  I'm sure you are on some type of AI or Tamoxifen and any of those will cause mild to severe mood swings among a host of other side effects.  I know, I experience them also.....Crabby....as a thread on another forum calls it.  It's those voices in our heads that sometimes come out as words or sometimes we can keep a check on them and not verbalize them, but they're still there and make us miserable.  One lady said she would like some Rock Crab Claws and just smash them with a hammer.  Made me think, hummmm, well when those thoughts invade me I just visualize me smashing them little suckers with a hammer.  LOL.  Oh, and most definitely pray.  But don't feel alone, I think we all get a 'lil CRABBY and get lax on our Bible studies from time to time and an accountability partner is great. Again, thanks for the thread.  Where are you at in your reading?

Karen     

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7 12/2007 Stage IV: Mets to Liver Dx 6/2004, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/9 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 7, 2010 12:38AM GrandmaBubba wrote:

Karen - Thanks for the words of encouragement. How far am I? That's why I need accountability. I've only read the first and second readings. I sit here and play spider solitaire for hours instead of the things I need to be doing. I only have 2 weeks left before a BMX and the list of things I want to do before that isn't getting any shorter. Today we were sitting in the bank and I just wanted to cry. No reason just felt the tears welling up. Sometimes I think that since I've been out of chemo for a couple of months and look probably better than before, people don't remember to pray for me like they did when I looked like I was a chemo patient. Tomorrow in ABF (Sunday School) I think I may have to covet some prayers. It's just always hard for me to ask for help because I've always had to be the one that took care of everyone else. Sorry this is so long, but thanks for listening (or should I say reading). 

Tonia - For I know the plans I have for you.... Dx 5/2/2010, ILC, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 7, 2010 07:23PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:07AM by karen4u

Well Bubba, we are even steven as of today.  Tomorrow each of us will be on the 3rd lesson plan and we can meet up on here and discuss what we have read.  Well my game of choice is facebook and it too can detour my good intentions.  Perhaps we can be accountability partners on that also...  :-).  Are you taking any type of anti-depressant?  That was one of the first meds prescribed to me (Lexapro).  Chemo tends to work havoc on our hormones and then the AI completely stops them so now NORMAL is only the setting on your dryer, lol.  If you're not already on one, call your onc or pcp and discuss getting on one.  Trust me, it's not weakness, it's wisdom.  I see you are from southern IL, my husband is returning this evening (not home yet) from a hunting trip at Quincy.  I haven't looked it up on the map so I'm not even sure what part of the state Quincy is in, just know it is on the MS river.  Anyway.....I'll be praying for you.   

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7 12/2007 Stage IV: Mets to Liver Dx 6/2004, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/9 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 10, 2010 01:03AM GrandmaBubba wrote:

Karen - I just finished reading #4. When I found out I had cancer I thanked God for trusting with this disease. I thought of Job and how God had picked him out to be tormented by Satan. I also remembered that God told Satan he could not take his life and that gave me peace. I've never feared the disease, only the effects it would have on people around me. Did you notice that when God sent Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden that it wasn't a punishment? It was to prevent them from eating from the tree of life. How many times have I read that and just now seeing it?  and what about "One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided;" Do you think that's when the continents were divided? That would explained people being all over the earth without crossing oceans. Then the people's life spans decreased dramatically. If Job was blameless does that mean that people can be without sin other than the sin within? Well enough questions. How was your husband's hunting? (Oh I guess that's another question.) Geese, deer? Thanks for joining this thread. 

Nov 10, 2010 09:58PM karen4u wrote:

Hello Bubba - I just finished #5.  Hummmm, I do believe that being cast out of the Garden of Eden was punishment....it was the perfect communion place with God and them and since they had sinned they were therefore not allowed that luxury anymore.  In the Garden Adam didn't have to till the earth for food and outside of it he had to, which is the punishment.  I searched Peleg and that same verse is also in 1Chronicles, but I didn't find anything about the oceans and continents.  I do remember reading about Ham's decendants being in Africa and other continents though.  From what I have been taught we (European) are descendants of Japeth and then of course Jesus is from Shem.  I did read after the flood that the nutritional value of the vegetation was not enough to sustain man and that was when they first started eating meat.  Job was blameless but not sinless.  He did not follow after a sinful lifestyle, he was just and he worshiped God.  Can we be without sin?  Well I'm not and I've yet to meet anyone who is except Jesus.  Hunting trip - Deer, and no he didn't have any good luck.  He was bow hunting and he shot at one but he hit a limb instead.  I don't think those are too tasty.  We may be in the sticks down here but we don't eat them. LOL  What day is your surgery on?    

Nov 11, 2010 12:15AM GrandmaBubba wrote:

Surgery is Friday the 19th. Counselor told me tonight that I need to allow myself the feelings. Not try to suppress them, but I'm still working at home next week. I work at the hospital where I'm having surgery and part of my job is reviewing surgery charts and it was really getting to me. What part of Arkansas are you in? I have some friends in Fayetteville. I used to go visit pretty often and it was beautiful. I don't think any of us are perfect, but when Jesus told the woman at the well to go and sin no more he didn't say go and fornicate no more. I don't think he would have told her that if it weren't possible. I think the closer we walk and live in the Spirit, the closer we get. I believe when Christ was on earth he was man and God, but it was the man that didn't sin and it was the closeness to the Father that made that possible. I know we will never be without sin, we were born with it. I like to believe that it is possible to walk close enough that we don't continue to sin. Just my thoughts. Can I ask how you are? NED? Still in treatment? Thanks for being there.

Nov 11, 2010 10:19AM karen4u wrote:

You are right, the closer we walk with God and are led by the Spirit the less we follow our flesh.  I try not to answer a question with too deep of an answer until I know how mature a Christian is.  I now know your level....you're a meaty Christian, not one on milk.  The sins I now commit I was once not accountable for due to my knowledge and lack of it.  I now have more omission sins than comission.  To much that is given much is expected.  I am NED...PRAISE GOD...I had liver mets in 2007 followed by hepatic resection.  I was on Xeloda and Tykerb for 2 years and am now on Arimidex.  Due to CHF I was taken off of the Tykerb.  I live in the southeast part of Arkansas, I call it the armpit of the state,lol.  It certainly is not as scenic as Fayetteville.  Actually I am 9 miles from Louisiana.  I will be praying for you on your upcoming surgery.  I had single mx but it was very easy recovery for me, I was back at work the following week.  The liver was very easy also it was the TAH that was the kicker.  I remember my onc telling me that I hadn't grieved over my stage IV dx, it wasn't that I was suppressing my feelings.....I was just laying it at Jesus' feet.  Sometimes I think as Christians we amaze our doctors which is not a boast of ourselves but of the peace that the Lord does give us and THAT is to HIS GLORY!!!  He is AMAZING!!!   Gotta go to my dr appt.  Till we speak again....God Bless You.       

Nov 17, 2010 12:11AM karen4u wrote:

Well I had to catch up on my reading today.  We had a basketball tournament this past week end and I got behind.  I hope you are doing well and keeping up with your reading, but I know you're busy trying to get everything in order for your surgery Friday.  I am praying for you and hope to hear from you prior to your surgery.  God Bless You.........Karen 

Nov 20, 2010 06:32PM karen4u wrote:

Hello Bubba.....praying for you for a speedy recovery. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)