Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: ST. THERESE - I WILL LET FALL FROM HEAVEN A SHOWER OF ROSES

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 29, 2010 02:21PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:03AM by Godlistens

Godlistens wrote:

Hello sisters. I went to Mass a few days ago to pray for my friend's husband who has a recurrence of lymphoma. The name of the chapel where the Mass was held is St. Therese of Carmelite Chapel. I picked up a little booklet about St.  Therese, the Little  Flower and read about her life. She was gifted with "great intimacy with God", and said that what matters in life is "not great deeds, but great love."

What struck me was this statement made by St. Therese: "My mission - to make God loved - will begin after death.......I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will let fall from Heaven a shower of roses" I suddenly had a vision of St Therese pouring millions of pink roses from Heaven to Earth to touch all of my BC sisters and to give them peace and comfort. Have you been touched by a pink rose today? That is from St. Therese. 

Here is my prayer.....St. Therese, I will fulfill your plea to "be made known everywhere" and I will continue to lead others to Jesus through you. Please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to my sisters as  a message of love. Please intercede for us. Amen.

THis prayer is from me to all of my BC sisters

Diagnosed 11/26/07 with IDC; Stage 1, Grade 2, Lumpectomy, then 37 rads, Onctotype was 12 thus no chemo; Tamox for five years

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Oct 29, 2010 03:21PM Paula1231 wrote:

St Therese of the Little Flower is well loved.  She was my Grandmother, Mom and Aunts patron.  Now that I have breast cancer, I pray often for her intercession.  I believe since she is here on earth, she listens and does her best to help.  I see her in al pink roses.

Miles to go before I sleep. LBMX on 8/17/10.TE with Alloderm. OncoDX score 18. 4 AC + 4 Taxol DD. Chemo done 2-3-11 Start Tamox 2/24/11. Implant & Maxopexy 3/29/11. Nipp recon & fat trans 7/12/11. Nip Tat 10/6/11 DONE!! Started Femara on 3/28/13. Dx 6/26/2010, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 29, 2010 10:39PM kindone wrote:

Godlisitens, Thank you

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 3, 2010 04:59AM sas-schatzi wrote:

since the computer will not let me back space. I will take it as a sign to post. St Therese. If my memory serves me correct gave up a rich secular life. .Betty you have been here-Hey..

St Therese bring to all of us with Bc a relief,  an understanding,  a hope, and an acceptance. for those who must face the worst, give them hope of relief of suffering. Let them be received by God, Jesus and Mary without question. May St Gertrude help in the release of any from purgatory. MAY THE IMMACULATE HEART OF MARY INTERVENE TO STOP THIS PALGUE- AMEN

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Dec 3, 2010 12:14PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

I have been reading about her also--thank you and prayers for all of us xo

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)