Join Us

We are 221,758 members in 83 forums discussing 162,136 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 09:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (216 total)

Nov 1, 2010 12:46AM Glisteningpearl wrote:

Please pray for my friend Louise, as she deals with her breast cancer.

BJ Dx 8/26/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 1, 2010 09:38AM mmm5 wrote:

The Intentions are below and we can add to them today if I have forgotten any or you just have new to add:

The Ladies of this Catholic Thread and their specific intentions

Pat, her Grandson's well being and Courage

Prayersareanswered, success of surgery, health upon surgery, and positive prognosis of Pathology

Theresa, Peace of mind and Health, for her 4 children to return to the Faith,Complete Health for sister going through suspicious test

LMFSM, Health and Safety of her family Financial support

Paula, Return to health, relief from fatigue. For her Mother Terry's return to health, and for her Husband and children as well

Michelle, return to health, intentions for Husband Rick, and Sons Health. Support for personal spiritual project, Mother's Grace! 

Laura, for her son Taylor and her friend on BCO here that needs support, and relief and healing of her LE 

Kindone (Betty) for her Husband's return to health, successful outcome of her upcoming surgery,speedy recovery, and friend Debbie that is dealing with brain cancer. 

Patty and Steven, healing from Cancer 

For Sheila support to quit smoking, positive outcome in health with bc.

Traci, Traci; for her to have faith in God's will and to open her heart to all possibility,

for her disabled Father, and for her Sister to find the true spirit. 

For all of our sisters here to regain their strength, health and stability 

Torigirl, for complete response to surgery and therapy and complete eradication of bc.,for her brothers and sisters and all here on bc.org needing healing and support, end of bc for good. 

PatMom, for her brother's eternal peace and the healing of her family 

Emilie and EBANN ..Miracles 

Cathy Staats, successful brain surgery

Janathan support and peace during the grief from sister's death. 

BCMOMOF3, for her family in their time of loss.

For Apple's siblings! 

For all of the ladies here: Laura, Jeannine, Apple, Carol, Barb, Judy, Sheila, Jan, Janet, Traci, Nita, Betty, Nancy, Pat, PatMom,Camul,NoniJones, YATCOMW,Pure.Paula..........and prayers for an end to breast cancer!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Nov 1, 2010 03:15PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

please prayers for a newly diagnosed mom with 6 special needs children and a husband in Iraq.  Thank you

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 1, 2010 07:41PM Estepp wrote:

For all those suffering financial trouble.

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Nov 2, 2010 02:11AM - edited Nov 5, 2010 08:59PM by sas-schatzi

for my twin sister with LE and increasing inability to leave the home, and my brother with increasing medical disabilitites , and the care of sil father with extensive disabilites

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Nov 2, 2010 10:08PM Estepp wrote:

I pray for our USA.

Father, let Your vote rule.

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Nov 3, 2010 10:53AM Estepp wrote:

Deborah C.

She has been DX with RA ( rheumatoid arthritis)

Nov 3, 2010 10:12PM Estepp wrote:

EBANN/ELIZABETH

She is now stage 4. Her BC has gone to her bones.

Nov 4, 2010 11:17PM Estepp wrote:

The soul of Deborah Jackson

Pam Payne will get help for all she needs.

Susie, NVDianes aunt, who was JUST DX with BC.

Nov 5, 2010 12:57AM squidwitch42 wrote:

For all of the Women and Men who are newly diagnosed.

For Foots, who is facing more cancer and needs help in her daily life. I pray she is free of pain, and that she has help in her home, and with traveling to and from treatments.

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 5, 2010 09:32AM mmm5 wrote:

Prayers for Cathy Staats recovery from 4th brain surgery. Connie healing from breast cancer.

Nov 5, 2010 09:33AM mmm5 wrote:

For Tori's sister's safe travels to Lourdes and safe delivery of the intentions here.

AND IN GRATITUDE FOR all prayers that have been answered.

Nov 5, 2010 10:17AM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

For all my bc sisters, you are always in my heart. xo

Nov 6, 2010 01:01AM Estepp wrote:

For Rebecca, that the infection clears.... and she does not loose her reconstruction/implants.

Nov 6, 2010 10:32AM ruthbru wrote:

For my friend, Jane, who is battling Stage IV cancer, that her treatments would put her into remission.

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 7, 2010 01:00AM ToriGirl wrote:

For our Footprintsangel...that she may know the love and healing comfort from our Lord...

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2010 07:51AM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:08AM by sas-schatzi

For relief from pain for Aspaise and vigilence of her nursing staff---(completed)

For successfull surgery for Prayersareanswered and an uneventful recovery.

Nov 9, 2010 08:17PM - edited Nov 19, 2010 10:18PM by theresap60

This Post was deleted by theresap60.
Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

Nov 9, 2010 10:03PM - edited Nov 12, 2010 01:40AM by DiamondGirl

Prayer for Aspasia that her care team at nursing home will pay extra attention to her needs for she is in a great deal of pain.  Lord Jesus, please step in and have someone care for this lady and ease her pain and please give her a smooth passage.  Amen!

DX 6/29/10, Surgery 7/28/10 - IDC Multifocal 1.5cm, Stg 1, Gr.2, 0/1 Nodes, ER+97/PR+97, Her2-, Onco 15, Tamoxifen. ~ We turn to you for protection ,holy Mother of God. Listen to our prayers and help us in our needs. Amen!

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 11, 2010 07:12PM bcincolorado wrote:

Prayer for foots that she will know how much we all care about her and feel peace.

Dx 8/2009, IDC, Left, 5cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 1/7/2010 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left Hormonal Therapy 1/15/2010 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Hormonal Therapy 1/30/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Nov 11, 2010 10:07PM Estepp wrote:

For Foots.

Nov 12, 2010 03:36AM sas-schatzi wrote:

For John M  a special forces soldier recently shot in line of duty. As well as all the miltitary people , men and women who have been put in harms way. They follow the orders given by their government because they believe. Yesterday was Veterans Day. Remember All our soldiers for their willingness to give their all including their life for their country.

Nov 16, 2010 02:02AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Prayer for my mom, Terry, so that her kidney function will improve.  Need to drop creatinine level back to low 300s.  Please take away any discomfort associated with her ailment.  Amen.

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 16, 2010 09:57PM Estepp wrote:

Judy Letecki is having her Bi-lat surgery in the morning. My heart breaks for ANY woman who looses her nipples and breast. Please pray for her. She is my local friend.

Nov 18, 2010 11:44PM Estepp wrote:

For Joyce ( Hood 1980) that her MRI shows NO CANCER.

Nov 21, 2010 08:02PM Estepp wrote:

For Joyce, Mona and Ebann. I sisters of BCO, all dealing with tumors , some cancers, others not known yet.

Nov 23, 2010 07:40AM Hood1980 wrote:

For my MRI tomorrow morning at 8am to be B9.

Dx 4/15/2008, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 24, 2010 08:52AM squidwitch42 wrote:

Prayers for Hood to have a B9 MRI.

For Sisters Jeannine and Sheila, who are not far from out hearts.

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 24, 2010 09:14AM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Hood!  Praying for you sweetie! xo

Nov 29, 2010 01:45PM Hood1980 wrote:

Thanks  for all the prayers!  Please keep them coming!

For my biopsy tomorrow at 9 am to be B9.

Dx 4/15/2008, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 8 (216 results)