Join Us

We are 222,316 members in 83 forums discussing 162,453 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 09:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 2 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 31 - 60 (216 total)

Nov 29, 2010 02:08PM DiamondGirl wrote:

I would like to ask for prayers that our medical providers will be mindful to treat us with care and that they will be careful about cleaniness to avoid transmittal diseases.

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 30, 2010 12:05PM Hood1980 wrote:

Just wanted to drop by to say that everything is "good" for another year!  Everything was B9!

Dx 4/15/2008, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 8, 2010 07:17PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:21AM by ToriGirl

Prayers for Foots, that she may be comforted and treated with the greatest of care from her doctors.

Prayers for Grannydukes, that her rad appointment went well and that she feels confident in the next step of her journey.  May God continue to watch over her grandson as he recuperates, that he gets stronger and stronger each day.

Prayers that Paula's allergic reaction continues to improve.

Prayers that all of us going through treatment are comforted with the knowledge that we are doing what we must in order to rid ourselves of the "beast".

Prayers of thanks for Hood1980's B9 results! 

Blessings upon Traci, Theresa, Sheila, Janet, Apple, Laura, Michelle, LMFSM and all those on the Catholic and Power or Prayer threads...

Prayers that we are all blessed during this holiday season.  

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 8, 2010 09:37PM Houndmommy wrote:

For my brother, Jim.  Also for my parents - they have had to deal with my BC this year and now they are having to deal with what my brother is facing.

Unimx 5/17/10 - IDC, ILC, DCIS, LCIS found. Oncotype DX 14. All tumors are ER/PR+ and HER2-. Dx 4/26/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 9, 2010 12:55AM Estepp wrote:

Thank you Father for Joyce being NED! THANK YOU!

For Jim,,,,,,,,,

For the sisters of BCO

For a client of mine by the name of TIM SMITH, who hung himself Monday, to his death. May our Father have His perfect mercy.

For My Salon.... I humbly ask for prayers of financial return.

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Dec 12, 2010 12:24AM Glisteningpearl wrote:

Please pray for RP, a woman in my church awaiting biopsy results, who is, of course, very   fightened.  Pray for her peace of mind and that the lump is benign.

BJ Dx 8/26/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 12, 2010 01:58PM squidwitch42 wrote:

Laura,

I pray for his soul, that he is at peace with God and loved ones. Bless his family to help them through this tragedy.

Houndmommy,

(((((((HUGS))))))) God Bless you and your family, and prayers for your brother Jim.

and for our Foots.

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Dec 13, 2010 12:46AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Dear God - show mercy on Tim Smith --the pain either physical or mentally, was so great that he took his own life. May all that we believe in and trust that someone in that state be looked upon by you with benevolence. Despair is probably the worst of all feelings. Tim Smith may God , Jesus, the holy court of heaven, St Gertrude, intercede for your soul. Let us not believe in damnation for Tim's soul. The need for compassion is imminenet. Pray for the release of his pain and loss of belief.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Dec 13, 2010 08:54AM squidwitch42 wrote:

Beautifully said Sheila. God is of love and understanding. I truly believe (and have learned in other ways,) that he is being cared for in the next life. He was ill, not unlike any other severe illness. He will be made whole again in spirit.

Dec 13, 2010 03:24PM Estepp wrote:

beautiful and knowing, thank you!

For Whippitmom/Deborah who was dx this RA this past few months.

For my dear mother and all her horrid heal issues

For my father who is the 100% care taker.

For our stage 4 BC sisters... that the CURE is found

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Dec 15, 2010 01:44PM - edited Dec 15, 2010 01:47PM by ToriGirl

For Grannydukes as she starts rads today...For the continued recovery of her grandson...

For Footprintsangel, that she feels the Love of Our Father as he wraps His loving arms around her...

For me, as I go to my 5th T/C treatment on Friday, that all goes smoothly and that side effects are minimal and tolerable... 

Blessings upon Traci, Theresa, Sheila, Janet, Apple, Laura, Michelle, LMFSM, Paula; for their intentions and for all the intentions of the those on the Catholic and Power of Prayer threads...

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 16, 2010 07:02PM Lady_Madonna wrote:

Please pray for my cousin Leslie as she nears the end of her painful battle with breast cancer. 

Heavenly Father, she knows she will be taken into your loving embrace but she didn't want it to be so soon. Please help us to accept that we live by your will, and not ours.  It's so hard to understand.

Please pray for peace for Leslie's husband Michael and six year old son Jared.  His mommy had to explain that she has to leave him to go to Heaven.  

My heart is breaking.

Dec 16, 2010 08:51PM SeasideMemories wrote:

Lady_Madonna,

Glad you found your way here! Know I will be praying for Leslie, her family, and you, daily. 

I would be very grateful if the ladies here could also add my best friend's mom, Eleanor, to your prayer intentions.  She has stage IV ovarian cancer, is in hospice and her health has been failing rapidly. I've know her since I was in grade school and she was always such a strong woman.  I know it is just breaking her heart to require help now! 

Dx 5/8/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 16, 2010 10:11PM squidwitch42 wrote:

Lady_Madonna,

I am so sad to hear about your cousin Leslie. Yes, it is too hard to understand, and I don't know if we will fully until it is our time. But we can pray together for Leslie and her family, may they be supported and held tightly by Heaven's grace as they prepare to let Leslie go home. I am sorry to think of the grief and sadness, and will pray for everyone's hearts and souls to be healed in time. (including yours.)

Would you like to join us Friday night in prayer? I will make sure we recognize all new intentions here.

Seaside,

I pray the same for you, Eleanor and her family as she also prepares to go home. May she be comfortable and be able to see the Angels which are gathering en mass around her. I pray for peace for you all, and would like to extend offers to share in prayer Friday night as well (10:00 PM EST Catholic Thread, and we will all be sharing together sentiments of the season as well as Intentions.

God Bless you all.

Dec 18, 2010 09:17AM ToriGirl wrote:

Heavenly Father,

I lift up to you a newbie sister, Starella...her adult children are having a hard time seeing their mom go through her chemo treatments and she is at a loss on how to put them at ease.  Please give her the words and wisdom she needs to explain to them and help them understand better this journey that she is on...

In your Name I pray,

AMEN 

Dec 22, 2010 02:40PM kindone wrote:

Prayers for my sister  Carol just dx with bc, that they caught it early. Thanks  Betty

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Dec 22, 2010 10:23PM Estepp wrote:

For my sons marriage.

For my son to heal.

For all the ladies here from 07 and 08 that I started BCO with ... that now have had their cancer come back.. stage 4 now. There are SO many Father.. Bless them,!

For those of us still stage 1-3..... that we remain NED and/or cancer free. That our fears are tamed by You... after know how many are getting their recurrence after 2 -3 yrs...

Dec 23, 2010 02:18AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Dear Father and Mother Mary--In  this time of joy  at the birth of Jesus , bring healing to those that have need. We beseech your benevolance to heal.. We seek your undersatnding for those that our taken.

Jan 9, 2011 01:37AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Dear Father and your Blessed mother - remember  all intentioned here. Whatever your countance for their continuance, please let it be with a knowledge of you and your acceptance into your court of heaven. Allow peace to their hearts.

Jan 13, 2011 02:15PM Hood1980 wrote:

Please pray for me on Tuesday, Jan 18th.  I am having eye surgery to remove a blocked tear duct and will have general anesthesia.  Although none of my doctors can say for sure what caused the blockage, my onc said tear duct scarring is a side effect of one of my chemo drugs (taxotere).  The gift that keeps on giving!  Cry  This is a pix of me with my runny eyes from my tear duct blockage, not that I am sad.  Just nerovous/anxious about sx & anesthesia in general.  This is at a new hospital (Johns Hopkins) so it will be new anesthesiologists & I have been know to have a reaction or two......

Jan 15, 2011 07:22PM geewhiz wrote:

Humbly requesting prayers for my surgery scheduled this Thursday the 20th. Like Hood 1980, I am a bit anxious!

Jan 16, 2011 04:48PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Lucy, stage IV, sally recurrence, susan recent dx stage III,  Thank you

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 16, 2011 11:57PM Estepp wrote:

You are being heard!

Jan 20, 2011 04:10PM Hood1980 wrote:

I finally able to see well enough to check in.  Thanks for all the prayers & suppost. Geewhiz I hope your surgery went well today!

Jan 20, 2011 08:42PM ToriGirl wrote:

Praying that all went well today geewhiz.....

God bless and comfort you...

Jan 20, 2011 09:34PM mmm5 wrote:

prayers for a successful surgery and outcome for geewhiz

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Jan 21, 2011 10:40AM ToriGirl wrote:

Praying for our sister Squidwitch (Traci).....She is going through such a rough time in just about every way imaginable...she needs to feel the love and support of you Heavenly Father...

Please give her strength and peace.... 

Jan 21, 2011 05:05PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Dear Wonderful Friends-intentions for my twin sister who is a 15 year survivor of Bc, but now has a CEA 9.  For all others here who have need, please, God, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Our Mother Mary, and the holy court of Heaven  allow and answer to their prayers.

Jan 21, 2011 05:18PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

For sweet Squid

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jan 26, 2011 04:03PM DiamondGirl wrote:

Please pray for my sister Irene who's in the hospital possibly "bell's palsy" or "a stroke".  Please God, guide her doctors to diagnose her accurately and please God make her well and don't let her suffer any pain during medical tests.  Amen~

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 2 of 8 (216 results)