Join Us

We are 222,317 members in 83 forums discussing 162,454 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 06:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 03:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 3 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 61 - 90 (216 total)

Feb 8, 2011 07:03AM PatMom wrote:

BarbaraA has asked for prayers for her brother who is in the hospital on a ventilator and unconcious fighting a sepsis infection complicated by diabetes. 

Please Lord, guide the doctors to administer the right medications and treatments to eliminate the infection with the least possible complications, and comfort the family as they wait, pray and hope.

Until the time when someone comes up with a definitive "cure", we each have to cobble together what we believe will be the most effective treatment that we can live with, not merely survive.

Feb 8, 2011 05:14PM - edited Feb 9, 2011 03:33PM by theresap60

Baby Maranda is in heaven with her Mommy.  May they rest in peace.  And may God bring consolation to the father.  I cannot imagine the cross he has to bear.

For baby Maranda.  Her Mom died in a car crash and she was delivered but with brain damage. Dad, also in the car crash, survived and now has to make the decision whether to withdraw life support.

Lord, please help them through this grief and anguish.

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

Feb 8, 2011 10:04PM DiamondGirl wrote:

Lord, please Bless Baby Miranda, it's your will Lord. Please bless this family to make it through all this pain and suffering especially Miranda's father. Give him strength and courage for he needs this right now. Amen!

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 22, 2011 04:05PM tinkertude wrote:

Cancer is so Limited, It cannot eat away peace, It cannot cripple love,It cannot destroy confidence, It cannot shatter hope, It cannot kill true friendship, It cannot corrode faith, It cannot shut out memories, It cannot silence courage, It can...not reduce eternal life, It cannot quench the Spirit, It cannot lessen the power of the Resurrection.

Dx 6/2/2010, ILC, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 1/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 6/2/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/14 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 23, 2011 08:08PM Glisteningpearl wrote:

Please pray for Elizabeth D., who has been diagnosed with an "agressive" breast cancer. Please pray for her physical healing, as well as peace of mind for her and her family.

BJ Dx 8/26/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 23, 2011 08:12PM Glisteningpearl wrote:

Please pray for my father Steve, who has prostate cancer with mets to the bone.  He is very weak and in great pain from the cancer in his ribs.  He required 3 units of blood in a 2 day period, so I fear the cancer is affecting the bone marrow and its ability to manufacture blood properly.  He has an appt. with an oncologist tomorrow, and I pray that we get some answers, and pray that they manage his pain properly, and also that he has peace of mind.

BJ Dx 8/26/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 24, 2011 05:48AM jteach wrote:

Please bless my family.  Keep us happy and healthy, safe and sound, wise and well.  Please watch over us both day and night.  Thank you for all of your most gracious gifts.  You know my heart, Lord.  I lay my crown at the feet of Jesus.  Amen.

Dx 4/2009, IDC, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/14 nodes

Feb 27, 2011 06:50PM Estepp wrote:

For Gretchen....... .... she now has Melanoma.

Father, please cure her of this cancer disease!

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Feb 27, 2011 09:48PM kindone wrote:

Please pray for me I have a rash on my breast and of course I think the worst.  I see the Dr tomorrow.  Thank you

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Feb 28, 2011 03:31PM Kay_G wrote:

Please pray for me and my family.  I just found out I have breast cancer and am fearful for myself and my husband and children.  Please pray for healing and for strength and peace and acceptance. 

Well that is a pie crust promise, easily made, easily broken. Mary Poppins

Mar 2, 2011 08:29AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Please pray for me to do great on job interview (by phone) today to get this job. Amen!

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 2, 2011 12:06PM Estepp wrote:

Amen

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Mar 2, 2011 06:28PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Dear Jesus, Thank you for all you have blessed me with. Please keep me humble and focused only on You. Amen

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 2, 2011 08:00PM Estepp wrote:

Amen

Mar 2, 2011 08:01PM Estepp wrote:

Please pray for my sister in BC Sandy. Her hysterectomy was not easy today. Please pray for her recovery.

Mar 12, 2011 06:06AM PatMom wrote:

Please pray for Philadelphia firefighter Michael McGuire.  He suffered severe smoke inhalation last week when his oxygen tank ran out after he ran up 11 flights of stairs to save people in a center city high rise fire.  He is a cancer survivor.  His wife is the sweetest woman, and a breast cancer survivor, and they have a young daughter. 

Until the time when someone comes up with a definitive "cure", we each have to cobble together what we believe will be the most effective treatment that we can live with, not merely survive.

Mar 12, 2011 10:03PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Michal McGuire--May all the Archangles and all the Saints in heaven come to your curing. Dear mother gert please bring your kindness to his recovery.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Mar 16, 2011 08:20AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Dear Lord Jesus, we humbly ask you to perform your miracle and treat Michael McGuire of his ailment from smoke inhalation.  Please bless the people in Japan, especially the fear stemming from the nuclear reactors melting.  Lord, only you can perform the miracle.  Amne.

Mar 16, 2011 10:17PM - edited Apr 25, 2011 01:02PM by sas-schatzi

dear Mother quide us in this task of bringing people into our home

Mar 26, 2011 07:37PM Kay_G wrote:

Please pray for Steve Kreider to be cured of melanoma.  He has been so brave and inspirational in fighting this. 

Mar 26, 2011 08:31PM - edited Mar 26, 2011 08:32PM by gosia

Please pray for me, I am lost and lonely. Please pray for me so I have courage to fight this and win.

Dx 1/3/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 27, 2011 05:35AM Kay_G wrote:

Please Lord bring your comfort and peace to gosia.  Give her the strength and courage she needs to fight this disease.  Let her know she is never alone.  I ask this in Jesus name.  Amen.

Mar 27, 2011 08:10AM squidwitch42 wrote:

Gosia,

Bless you.

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Mar 29, 2011 05:09AM Estepp wrote:

For a financial miracle .....for a family member.

Apr 7, 2011 03:44AM - edited Apr 7, 2011 04:33AM by sas-schatzi

May all sisters of the Catholic thread that have need of you St Joseph during this Novena to you, may their prayers be answered. May no sadnes come to them, may no complication mar  their recoveries. Let the pledge of the Meomare Remebering Laura,Janet, Traci, Tori, Sheila, Anne, Marie,Paula and her mother, Theresa who guides, KayAll the intentions inthe prayers offered on the Catholic thread. Adding Lowrider, Beccad, TheFuzzylemmon and Makraz.

Apr 7, 2011 04:17AM - edited Apr 7, 2011 04:34AM by sas-schatzi

May Michael whose time may short. May he be surrounded with the light of the Holy court of Heaven. We pray that he be returned to us, in complete mind and soul and functionality, but if that is not your will, let it be. We still ask in humility that these prayers be answered. In this special time of the novena to St Joseph stepfather of Jesus. You know the pain that the child is going through. You St. Joseph know the pain of all, surrounding him. Intercede as best you can we implore you as the word of the Memore state.  AND if there were any others involved in his accident, relieve them of guilty and anxiety, stay close to them in the next weeks and months and protect them from despair and danger of self inflicted harm.

Give the family the strength to bear this. Also relieve them of guilt and anxiety. Stay with them as well in the next few months to prevent them from despair. Take away the hurt as best you can.

Apr 7, 2011 07:25AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Please pray for my mom, Teresita Chan (88 yrs old in a nursing home in Toronto).  Her kidney was already declining and then she fell 2nd time in 5 weeks.  She fell last Sunday and now very frail and weak.  Coughing up blood (and there was no previous symptoms of any cold/cough). We had a close call yesterday afternoon. Please pray for her for easy passage and no suffering.  My first wish was already granted and was able to fly to Toronto to see her, then took her and siblings out to lunch last Saturday (which I will forever cherish).

Thank you all in advance.  Namaaste!

Apr 10, 2011 05:27AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Dear Lord Jesus,

My mom is now on palliative care and is given morphine as needed.  Please take her gently and swiftly so she doesn't have to suffer any longer.  Thank you for allowing me to celebrate my birthday lunch with her a week ago.  

In Lord Jesus's name, Amen.

Apr 10, 2011 06:47AM Kay_G wrote:

Prayers for your mother. 

Apr 12, 2011 07:06AM Hood1980 wrote:

Please pray for Father John Dillon.  My former parish Priest who helped and comforted me through my BR diagnosis & treatment  who is a cancer survivor (lymphoma) himself.  Cancer has returned and he is undergoing treatment.

Dx 4/15/2008, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 3 of 8 (216 results)