Join Us

We are 222,316 members in 83 forums discussing 162,453 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 06:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 03:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 4 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 91 - 120 (216 total)

Apr 19, 2011 09:09PM sagina wrote:

That the healing hand of God touch all those that suffer in any way, that they may know His love from the deepest of His Sacred Heart

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Apr 20, 2011 04:41PM ToriGirl wrote:

For my husband who is deployed..

For all my BCO sisters that we may be healed and cured...

For all the prayers and petitions that we hold close to our hearts...

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 21, 2011 06:57AM mmm5 wrote:

I DITTO TORI'S INTENTION THAT WE ARE ALL CURED AND THAT WE CAN EVOLVE INTO THE BEST VERSIONS OF OURSELVES.

FOR MY MEN, MY HUSBANDS CAREER DIRECTION, MY SONS EMOTIONAL HEALTH AND PEACE

FOR  KATRINA, THOMAS, AND MEGAN (CANCER)

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 21, 2011 04:36PM ToriGirl wrote:

I pray that the treatments we have all received have done the job of eliminating, eradicating, and destroying every last cancer cell/malignancy in our bodies...that those treatments will not now or in the future cause us any damage...that we all be cured and healed from the evilness that once had invaded our bodies, and that we all live long, happy, healthy lives with all those we love...being the best versions of ourselves in the honor and glory of our Lord...

I ask for blessing upon our families, that they are happy and healthy and living a life in  accordance with our Lord.

I ask for blessings upon all those that suffer needlessly each day...

I ask for blessings for our military that do so much to keep our freedom ours...

Bless my husband as he is deployed bringing him home safe and sound...bless our marriage, our love and our commitment to each other...

I ask this in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ...AMEN

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 25, 2011 01:09PM - edited Oct 10, 2011 09:15PM by sas-schatzi

My intention 1. That my sister's health improves.  That she be given the in sight to do what she has to do to accomplish that. 2.That we all heal in mind and have strengthened spirits, as well as bodies, inclusive of allhere,and my family that have cancer at present 3. That my friend be kept safe in her overseas assignment and come home joyfully, and that her family feel no anxiety or fear during this time. 4.That Jeannine, Audrey and Michael are at peace and their families are strengthened. 5 That hate and hurtfulness be eradicated.  6. That Greg and all my family that have gone before, our at the side of God. 7, That I do the physical things, I need to do to improve my own well being and that all here have success in the same. 8. That Tammy's Aseptic necrosis of her leg be healed. 9. That Paula-Diamond girl and her family be strengthened in their grief, and that ther mother is peacefully at Gods side. 11.That all my living family maintain health or a return to health, and love one another.12 that Apples meningioma be reduced to nothing and cause no further harm and that her family's lymphoma become the mildest form 13. Alice Citak recently deceased cousin of Johns, but like a mother to him may she RIP. 14 That Dave afflicted from birth and now has attempted suicide that it be resolved and his mind made right. 15. In remeberance of Bo by Maria Fatima 16 that church friend Sheila and her husband with leukemia be healed.   !7, for all members of BCO here and all the wonderful people that have impacted my life here by their frindship and kind words. 18. that my two new problems be healed and not be cancerous. 19. That the good works of BCO and the moderators be blessed and continue to help. 20.That our minds be able to focus intently for all our novenas and that our deepest spirit within us reaches you. 21 Laura E's intention and Laura b's healing without complication, that Wreni find her way.22 that"Gerry" find his way back to home and away from his trouble. 23That MMM5 family find pre BC peace and unity as a family, and that her husband find work

That we have successful Novena's , and all that suffer with cancer of any nature are given the courage, grace and faith to deal with God's plan.           Namaste, Sheila

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Apr 25, 2011 04:09PM JanetinVirginia wrote:

Here are my intentions.  Tori's was so perfect I am duplicating and adding personal intentions. 

I pray that the treatments we have all received have done the job of eliminating, eradicating, and destroying every last cancer cell/malignancy in our bodies...that those treatments will not now or in the future cause us any damage...that we all be cured and healed from the evilness that once had invaded our bodies, and that we all live long, happy, healthy lives with all those we love...being the best versions of ourselves in the honor and glory of our Lord...

For personal intentions.

Dx 9/1/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 25, 2011 05:45PM Kay_G wrote:

My intentions:  1.  That the melanoma in my brother-in-law's body disappear and never return.  2.  That the treatments they are giving me kill all the cancer in my body and it never return, and for all of us here on this thread as well.  3.  That my sons be cured of depression and return to friendship with the Lord.  4.  For health and peace of mind for all those we love.  5.  For my mother who has Alzheimers and my brother and sister who take care of her. 

Well that is a pie crust promise, easily made, easily broken. Mary Poppins

Apr 25, 2011 06:35PM elmcity69 wrote:

my intentions:

for the intentions of all posted here - for God to hear them, and to grant them;

for God to grant me a life and body FREE of cancer - at least until my children grow up;

for Deb V, who is now battling Stage IV pancreatic cancer - for her healing;

for Nathan and Elisa - parents of a 2year old and each battling cancer - for their healing;

for our friends' infant daughter, only one week old, battling for her life in the NICU-

for all persons, living with mental illness -

xo

janyce

Dx 9/24/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 15/19 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

Apr 26, 2011 04:23AM apple wrote:

I am happy to be more praying these days.  My spirituality has increased.

Please pray for my friend Terri Mika who is in her final days of breast cancer.  She has had it for a long time, and her 5 children will miss her dearly.

peace and love, apple - ..... Mary Magdalen Dx 4/10/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IV, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, mets, ER+, HER2+

Apr 26, 2011 02:57PM Estepp wrote:

For my sons marriage and financial fix....

For my mother and father..

For my husband... and any burden he carries... to be removed for him..

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Apr 26, 2011 02:59PM sanbar8771 wrote:

I pray that my husband continues to stay strong for me and our daughter.

Dx 5/7/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 26, 2011 07:36PM mnmom wrote:

My intensions

That our prayers be answered

That I  be able to provide for my children with out having to work soo many hours for so little & not be able to see them much (they need me).

Financial Help for me

That my children remain safe in my absence

That my children & I do not become homeless or hungry

That all children find their way out of their darkness (es)

That this next transition in our lives goes quickly & smoothly

That we are blessed with healing & a cure.

Thank You, Suz

Dx 11/2008

Apr 26, 2011 07:49PM Estepp wrote:

For another BC sister..... who has found a lump in her other breast. That she does NOT have to go through all this again.

We are the Ta Ta Sisterhood! Her2+ BC is what I had.... and yes sisters.. I had lymph node involvement...Plus Radiation AND Implant only Reconstruction. DX 6/25/08

Apr 26, 2011 08:18PM GracieM2007 wrote:

For my 78 year old mother, who has surgery on Thursday for Stage four ovarian cancer, she's diabetic and has had one heart attack already.  That they might be able to use the robot instead of a huge incision, and that she comes out of it in good shape.  Of course, always that she might dance with NED.  

dx 4/11/2007, rt. mast 4/27/2007, 1.7cm IDC, stage 2, Grade 3, 1.4cm tumor in one node,, ER/PR+, Her2-, 4 DD AC, 4 DD T, Arimidex/ 2016 mets to bone, extensive. Femera, Xgeva. 1/18 Faslodex, Ibrance. July 2018, Abraxane.

Apr 27, 2011 05:03PM - edited Jun 5, 2011 12:25PM by theresap60

For Novenas

Michelle:

My Husband for progress in Peace, leadership, and Professional direction

My Sons Health and Emotional wellbeing

For my successful transition into my Life's Passion Work 

Megan Horner and All the ladies of this thread and their Health and Peace 

Paula:  I'd like to add my prayer intentions:
1): my mother will rest in eternal peace, be together with my late father and late brother.
2): our mortgages will get modified favorably.
3): family's good health
4): all the intentions will be fulfilled here
5): world peace
6): irradication of cancer
7): bless the soldiers protecting our nation
8): God please stop child abuse and heal the victims.

Donna:  I would like to add John Ciechanski to the novena.  He is being tested for bladder cancer and we are hoping for B9 results. 

Anne:  Praying  for our children that they  will have continued good health, good jobs, happiness, and will select a Godly mate for their marriages; praying that our relationship with our spouse will continue to flourish and strengthen as God intended; and praying for all who face breast cancer and for their care.
I would also like to add personal intentions.

Sandy:  my children feel an irrestible pull they cannot resist to become closer to Our Lord, the Blessed Mother,  all the Saints, and our faith.
I also pray my children will have continued good health, good jobs, happiness, and will select a Godly mate for their marriages.
I pray my relationship with my husband will continue to flourish and strengthen as God intended.
I pray for all my sisters here and all over the world who are facing cancer of any sort. I pray they have strength to fight this beast and win their battle. I also pray there is not a single one of them who must go without proper medical care that is afordable. I also pray they never feel they must walk this road alone.

Traci:  i am asking for help to start caring about myself, and i choose to treat my body. i pray for help to join my mind body and spirit, to have freedom from my addictions with food and nicotine.

Please God, my most sincere prayers for any child suffering from cancer or terminal illness, please allow some of these little Angels to stay here in good health. If you call them home, please help their parents understand their time was meant to be short, and that they will be reunited together and with you.

Lastly, please help us all with financial security and make unknown resources open up for those in need. Please provide protection of our homes, jobs, livelihoods and disability payments.

Gina:  That the healing hand of God touch all those that suffer in any way, that they may know His love from the deepest of His Sacred Heart.

Betty:  My intentions are that none of us have a recurrence of BC. that is my prayer for us every night.  Also for my children to live a happy, healthy and Christ like life.

Theresa:  For my daughter - she was laid off yesterday and needs guidance for another job or her husband to pick up an additional p/t job so she can stay with the boys during the summer (save money on cost of day care).  God's will in that situation.  All of our children return to the church.  To know and surrender to God's will in my life.  For Tom, who has Stage III melanoma and his wife Lyn - peace.  Thanksgiving for prayers answered - our house was sold.

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

Apr 28, 2011 07:14PM - edited May 2, 2011 05:18AM by mnmom

Please

would you pray for a friends son Dave (20) & his family He tried to end his life & is in the hospital critical.

Edited to say: he is doing better. Thank you.

Dx 11/2008

Apr 28, 2011 08:11PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

For my precious family, that they remain safe and healthy and grow close to the Lord.  Private intention.

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 29, 2011 09:32AM mmm5 wrote:

Dear ladies

I felt such comfort today praying for you all, i printed out the intentions and keeping them in my purse so I can repeat them through the day.

Betty I love your intention it is so meaningful, after what we have all dealt with emotionally and physically I know we never want to go there again. I also love all the intentions for your children to find and keep the faith, so beautiful. I am really taking my time with these intentions and feel all of you through them.

Dx 4/4/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+

Apr 30, 2011 07:47AM kindone wrote:

Please pray for my grand daughter 1 mo old she is having trouble with reflex and gaining weight

Thank you.

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

May 1, 2011 12:40AM - edited May 2, 2011 10:00AM by sas-schatzi

This Post was deleted by sas-schatzi.

May 4, 2011 03:14PM sas-schatzi wrote:

St Therese, please, in  rememberance of your own mother who suffered and died with breast cancer, leaving you and your sisters. If there is anyone that understands this affliction more than you, hear our prayers. Amen.

May 4, 2011 04:31PM theresap60 wrote:

I forgot about that Sheila!  How appropriate!

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

May 4, 2011 04:33PM sas-schatzi wrote:

For Sagina for strength for whatever problem now has entered her life namaste sheila

May 4, 2011 06:09PM Estepp wrote:

I have a special intention... with myself.... only God can take away from me. I ask for prayer.

May 5, 2011 06:58PM elmcity69 wrote:

for all of the prayers and requests written here...

for a grammar school friend, who has had a relapse with his glioblastoma, for his healing of body and mind;

for my neighbor's infant daughter, who is improving daily, but still in the NICU;

for my husband in his job search;

for my continued cancer-free living!

love

j

Dx 9/24/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 15/19 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

May 7, 2011 05:21AM Tiger_Blood wrote:

Hi,

I am new here and would like to post my intentions. My name is Katie and my screen name is Tiger Blood. When I found out I had breast cancer Charlie Sheen was doing his little ramblings and I decided....hey....I have Tiger Blood, too! I can beat this thing. My husband, son, and I are both Catholic. If you don't mind...may I join your group? Here are my intentions.

1. That my family and I find a church home that we love.

2. That my mother and I can beat cancer and be HEALED by God. My mom was diagnosed 3 years ago, too.

3. That I have the strength to be a good mother and wife to my son.

4. I pray for all cancer survivors and all those going through treatment. May God help and aid in keeping your mind and body strong.

My wife has Tiger Blood. Winston Churchill: If you are going through hell, keep going Dx 3/7/2011, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2+

May 7, 2011 02:41PM Kay_G wrote:

For my son and all depressed young personsand persons with addictions that they find faith and direction.

For myself, my bil and all who suffer with cancer that they be healed mentally and physically.

For all family members of those with cancer that they be comforted and know the Lord's love.

For my mother and all who suffer with alzheimers and all their care givers.

Well that is a pie crust promise, easily made, easily broken. Mary Poppins

May 7, 2011 09:20PM sas-schatzi wrote:

sagina wrote:

Jesus in Your presence we stand, humbled by Your mercy and love, given freely even when not sought, I ask dear Jesus that You bestow Your grace on those in need, in need of healing - mind, soul, heart and body.  Through Your most Sacred Heart touch the sons in trouble, the daughters in despair, and the families broken from heartache and pain.  In their suffering may they see the beauty of what will be again, and understand that without sorrow all the joyful noise would not exist.  Jesus keep them close to Your heart, carry them now as they build their strength to honor and praise You.  In Your name I pray.

May 7, 2011 09:26PM LindaKR wrote:

For my 37 year old daughter, Juliana, who is having a breast biopsy on Monday.  Jesus, I trust in You.  Mary conceived with out sin, pray for those who have recourse to you.

Modified Radical MX w/axillary dissection; 6xTCH, Hercpetin for a year, Rads, trying 3rd AI Aromasin. No Reconstruction. Lymphedema. Dx 3/19/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 4/2/2010 Lymph node removal: Left, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Left Targeted Therapy 5/15/2010 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 5/15/2010 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 9/15/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole), Aromasin (exemestane), Femara (letrozole) Radiation Therapy 9/25/2010 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 9, 2011 08:35PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Sandy105 wrote:

Maria,

I am so very sorry you did not get good news of either front today. You are in my prayers tonight and in my thoughts.

I most humbly ask you gracious Lord to surround my sister, Maria, with angels and to comfort her in this time of trouble. I ask you to restore her daughter and brother to complete health. Gracious Lord, please grant Maria and all her family everything they need to recover so they may grow to better serve you. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Page 4 of 8 (216 results)