Join Us

We are 222,317 members in 83 forums discussing 162,454 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 06:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 03:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 5 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 121 - 150 (216 total)

May 9, 2011 08:47PM sas-schatzi wrote:

For Squid -That if something has changed with her condition that all the angels she so frequently calls on and teaches us about surround her and protect her.

Dear mother Mary , as we approach our time of our novena to you, we beseech that you hear our prayer and hold each close to you and protect all  sheila

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

May 10, 2011 07:48PM mnmom wrote:

For Squid & all my sisters here.

For my children

Private intention

Dx 11/2008

May 11, 2011 07:09PM Beaglesgirl wrote:

For my pain from my surgery which seems to be coming back/hanging on. For my emotional strength as I start chemo on Tuesday, I need more faith... I am so scared. Amen.

More of my journey at....daisiesarebetterthanroses.blogspot.com ~Laura Dx 3/21/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 4/19/2011 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 5/6/2011 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 10/4/2011 Breast Surgery 12/2/2011 Prophylactic ovary removal Surgery 6/18/2012 Reconstruction (left); Reconstruction (right)

May 12, 2011 09:14AM theresap60 wrote:

For squid (Traci), that the Lord will lift her work related burdens so she can concentrate on taking care of her mind, body and soul.

For all our sisters who are undergoing treatment - help take the anxiety of it all and bring peace.

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

May 12, 2011 03:32PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Sandy105 wrote:

Sweet Sisters,

Please remember the family of Phyllis Sneed in your prayers. She has gone to be with Our Lord. Her services are Monday in Columbus, OH. Jerry and I fly there Sunday and will return Mon. evening or Tues. She leaves her husband, 2 college age children, and so many friends and family. She died of complications from lupus. 

I need to ask you,  my sweet sisters, to also remember me in your prayers. My right breast is just not healing correctly and at 8 weeks post-op tomorrow, I still have a great deal of throbbing and aching pain which in nonrelenting. I fear I will need a revision if things do not change soon.

Hugs and Prayers Sweet Sisters,  Sandy

May 12, 2011 05:03PM theresap60 wrote:

Link to Our Lady of Fatima Novena prayers:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=2#idx_31

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

May 13, 2011 07:02PM ToriGirl wrote:

I pray that the treatments we have all received have done the job of eliminating, eradicating, and destroying every last cancer cell/malignancy in our bodies...that those treatments will not now or in the future cause us any temporary or permanent damage...that we all be cured and healed from the evilness that once had invaded our bodies, and that we all live long, happy, healthy lives with all those we love...being the best versions of ourselves in the honor and glory of our Lord...

I ask for blessing upon our families, that they are happy and healthy and living a life in  accordance with our Lord.

I ask for blessings upon all those that suffer needlessly each day...

I ask for blessings for our military that do so much to keep our freedom ours...

Bless my husband as he is deployed bringing him home safe and sound...bless our marriage, our love and our commitment to each other...

Bless my sister, Liz, who is in Germany, who is at the hospital to have her baby... 

Bless all those having scans, tests, procedures...that all results are clear, clean and normal...

Bless all those in active treatment, that their SE are minimal and tolerable.... 

I ask this in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ...AMEN

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 14, 2011 02:50PM sas-schatzi wrote:

8 hours ago teachersally8467 wrote:

it's relief to see fellow catholics here...please pray for my mom, Sally S. Pelingon, who passed away on 12 April 2011 at the age of 67 due to her breast CA. As of her death, she was Chairman of the Basic Ecclessial Community (BEC) and of the village's catholic Pastoral Council (BPC) here in Fatima, Tobias Fornier, Antique, Philippines. She has done so many great things as such, especially the rebuilding of the Our Lady of fatima Chapel in our barrio. she is loved by the people here. Her biography is at the Stage IV Cancer Forum...God bless you

Sally Saroca - Pelingon
Diagnosis: 12/14/2002, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIa, Grade 1, 11/21 nodes, mets

May 16, 2011 08:00PM - edited May 16, 2011 08:01PM by mnmom

I ask for the right words & the strength to express them

For my husband to do the 'right' thing(s).

For my children

For my financial mess

Thank you & amen

Dx 11/2008

May 17, 2011 07:26PM elmcity69 wrote:

for the prayers of the women here;

for my continued remission;

for baby Nadia, who continues her struggle in NICU;

for Clem, a friend's brother who died on Friday;

for people everywhere, struggling for peace and freedom.

xo

janyce

Dx 9/24/2009, ILC, 2cm, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 15/19 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+

May 18, 2011 05:21AM mnmom wrote:

For courage

& the right words & the strength to express them

For my husband to do the 'right' thing(s).

For my children to see the light.

For all those in financial crisis.

private

(())

Dx 11/2008

May 18, 2011 07:26AM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

For my precious family that we can all but our precious Jesus first in our lives and live only to serve him. Amen

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

May 19, 2011 08:35PM sagina wrote:

i pray for little Sophia Sparks from Lavernia Texas fighting cancer since she was four...please read her story and pray for her....

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sophiesparks/photos

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

May 20, 2011 04:05AM - edited May 20, 2011 04:05AM by frankh

That my wife gets back to full health after her hip replacement operation

That number 1 princess (daughter) settles into her new job location

That number 2 princess (daughter) who is graduating from Uni June 2011 will find a suitable position. 

That I may be sucessfull in this, my 2nd fight against cancer -1st time stomach cancer, 2nd time which is this time, metastised liver cancer.

frankh Whoever said that winning isn't everything never had to fight cancer

May 20, 2011 04:22AM Faulkh wrote:

For all the friends on the BCO boards that they continue to fight strong regardless of their disease state

For my mother as she continues to struggle with health issues

For my sons that they will continue to grow in mind, body and spirit

For my marriage that we will work to put Jesus in the center

In thanksgiving for my early dx and continued recovery

For wisdom to understand God's will in my career decisions

Liz Dx 12/20/2010, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+

May 20, 2011 10:24AM sas-schatzi wrote:

15 hours ago sagina wrote:

Hello Jesus, just your humble servants here, joined together to lift and glorify Your name.  We ask that you send Your healing spirit, touch us with Your healing hands, that we may all remember that Your love and Your grace are enough for us.  Even as we battle cancer, we do so in Your name, Amen.

Gina

May 20, 2011 10:12PM - edited May 20, 2011 10:12PM by sas-schatzi

Our Lady of Fatima this last day of our novena to you, that all be blessed by you, and that you be heartened by our belief in your intervention Amen.

May 20, 2011 10:32PM - edited May 20, 2011 10:33PM by sas-schatzi

At the request of one our sisters-- that we pray for her family to be safe from harm. That she be able to find financial assistance and medical care. That she be able to find assistance for the care of her children.That Our Lady look kindly on her plight and grant her petitions, in this time of distress, for this we pray. May St Michael the archangel protect her and the children form harm.

May 22, 2011 02:23PM sas-schatzi wrote:

Sandy105 wrote:

Kay,

So very sorry you are having nasty SE from the chemo. You are in my thoughts today and also in my prayers. I pray, 

Jesus grant Kay relief form the pain in her bones, relief from the pins and needles pain in her hands and feet, and relief from her state of tiredness. I ask you Lord to restore my sister, Kay to complete and perfect health so she may continue to serve you and glorify you. I ask this in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Jun 1, 2011 01:54AM sas-schatzi wrote:

5 hours ago elmcity69 wrote:

Sandy, thank you for your amazing example on this thread. Fatima was one of my favorite stories in childhood. I just found a coloring book I had on it.

prayers for: Larry, Nathan and Elisa, Deb, Tricia, Uncle Jack, Nadia...

in gratitude for my health, cancer free life. May it continue for many, many years.

prayers for all of you

xo

janyce

Jun 1, 2011 07:50AM theresap60 wrote:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/josephhall

This is a link to a website that tells about a young intern at the National Catholic Rural Life Conference.  He graduated from college on May 21.  On May 23, he was diagnosed with cancer (tumors in abdominal cavity), Stage 4.  He's at the Mayo Clinic for surgery and chemo. 

Jun 13, 2011 07:26AM 37antiques wrote:

Please join me in praying for Konakat (Elizabeth) one of our stage IV sisters who is not doing very well just now.  She is a very special person to so many of us, and has unselfishly taken the time to help and encourage so many on our journey, let us please return the favor and help her in her time of need.

IDC DCIS & Mets Dx 2/27/2007, DCIS/IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IV, metastasized to bone, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC)

Jun 13, 2011 04:53PM sas-schatzi wrote:

POPE JOHN PAUL 2nd as we continued in this time of novena to you , we beseech you intercede for our intentions. bless all that come here

Jun 13, 2011 10:02PM GracieM2007 wrote:

For my mother, who has stage four ovarian/uterine cancer.  She has been granted some time after her surgery to recouperate, but this week her counts were up, so he is going to try to hold off on chemo for another few months, unless she just starts having things pop up, and then back to chemo.  So we are asking for another miracle in her case.  That they find something that will put this awful disease into remission, that her diabetes continues to be controlled, that her kidneys do not suffer further failure and that her heart remains strong, as well as her will and her out look.

Thanks be to God.

dx 4/11/2007, rt. mast 4/27/2007, 1.7cm IDC, stage 2, Grade 3, 1.4cm tumor in one node,, ER/PR+, Her2-, 4 DD AC, 4 DD T, Arimidex/ 2016 mets to bone, extensive. Femera, Xgeva. 1/18 Faslodex, Ibrance. July 2018, Abraxane.

Jun 14, 2011 07:23AM sagina wrote:

Amen, Gracie.

If anyone is looking for a little hope and inspiration please google "Sophie Sparks".  5 year old battling cancer for over a year....such a beautiful little girl.

Gina Dx 10/13/2010, IDC, 4cm, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Chemotherapy 11/2/2010 AT Surgery 3/15/2011 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Radiation Therapy 4/19/2011

Jun 14, 2011 03:38PM keno41 wrote:

I just lost a close friend 2 days ago from breast cancer. She was diagnosed originally in 2003 and was rediagnosed this past fall. She is 44 and leaves 2 boys ages 7 and 10. her name is Lynne Urquiola and was a preschool teacher who fought this to the end! Her only thoughts were her boys.   Please say a prayer for her, her obit is on Boston.com.Thanks

Dx 7/2/2009, ILC, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 14, 2011 04:58PM theresap60 wrote:

For Lynne:

May the Angels lead her into Paradise. 
May the Martyrs receive her at her coming and take her to Jerusalem, the Holy City. 
May the Choirs of the Angels receive her, and may she, with the once poor Lazarus, have rest everlasting. Amen.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord.
And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.
May her soul, and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.

Jun 19, 2011 09:17PM sagina wrote:

For rain in south Texas, please Lord let it rain.  We haven't had a drop since the last time I posted an intention for rain....need prayers please.

Jun 19, 2011 09:22PM ToriGirl wrote:

I pray that the treatments we have all received have done the job of eliminating, eradicating, and destroying every last cancer cell/malignancy in our bodies...that those treatments will not now or in the future cause us any temporary or permanent damage...that we all be cured and healed from the evilness that once had invaded our bodies, and that we all live long, happy, healthy lives with all those we love...being the best versions of ourselves in the honor and glory of our Lord...

I ask for blessing upon our families, that they are happy and healthy and living a life in  accordance with our Lord.

I ask for blessings upon all those that suffer needlessly each day...

I ask for blessings for our military that do so much to keep our freedom ours...

Bless my husband...bless our marriage, our love and our commitment to each other...

Bless my family, my family of sisters on this board and their families, that they be blessed abundantly

Bless all those having scans, tests, procedures...that all results are clear, clean and normal...

Bless all those in active treatment, that their SE are minimal and tolerable.... 

I ask this in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ...AMEN

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 22, 2011 06:39AM sagina wrote:

God is awesome as if the power of prayer - it's been raining in San Antonio since 2 am! Thank you for your prayers.

Page 5 of 8 (216 results)