Join Us

We are 222,315 members in 83 forums discussing 162,453 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Intentions

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Oct 31, 2010 06:13PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 03:04AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

This is a site for Prayer Intentions. We are Catholic, but invite others of ALL faiths to join us. Our intent for this site is to place only our Prayer Intentions, so, that we can rapidly check to see whom we are offering prayers. We don't wish to have discussion on this board. Otherwise it defeats the purpose as a reference point.

We also intend to periodically print off the pages to be sent to religious organizations, to be added to their prayer lists. If this is something that you do not agree with, please don't post here. Please don't put any identifying information, you wouldn't want sent to a monastery or convent. Please uncheck attach signature box when you post.

We are asking that all disscussion comments be returned to the particular discussion board that each poster has come from. If you are wondering why we are doing it in this way. We don't want to loose track of who it is we are praying for. Since we all have chemo/ anesthesia brain that can happen easily.

They're people that we will be praying for many many years. Over time without a reference point, they can get lost.  Please, be open to the thought of what we are trying to accomplish.

In the name of God, his Holy Son Jesus, Our Blessed Mother Mary, and the Holy court of heaven. Bless you all for your Intentions of Prayer for all those listed here. We salute the God within Each of You

Link to Catolic Prayers archive thread http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760274?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 8 of 8 (216 results)

Posts 211 - 216 (216 total)

Oct 21, 2012 08:27PM - edited Nov 6, 2012 04:33PM by mnmom

Thanks Cheri & everyone. They will do more tests next month but for now 1 area was 'our favorite' B9... scans from Nov through December coming up (just fyi for those who follow this)

Praise God for each day I forget I have this...& the days I hear of or meet others who have bc & I remember & can reach out with support, Thank God he made me strong.

Dx 11/2008

Nov 2, 2012 11:35AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Announcement for novena to OUR LADY of the MIRACULOUS MEDAL. Start Date: Wed NOV 14th-end date- Thurs. Nov 22nd which is Thanksgiving.

The novena is constructed already on the Catholic Archives page. As in the past all are welcome. All that were in the last novena to St perigrine will be moved forward. If you don't want to included in this novena ,please, PM me and I will remove your name.

The novena will also be added to the world wide Rosary thread.

The novena will only be on the archives thread, as it was too confusing updating both threads as people requested additions. Everyone will be notified by PM. If you know of someone that would like to be included , have them PM their intention Sheila

community.breastcancer.org/top...

Link to archives thread

Link to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

www.cammonline.org/index.php?/...

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Nov 13, 2012 04:08AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Reminder Announcement for novena to OUR LADY of the MIRACULOUS MEDAL.  Start Date: Wed NOV 14th-end date- Thurs. Nov 22nd which is Thanksgiving.

The novena is constructed already on the Catholic Archives page link below. As in the past all are welcome. All that were in the last novena to St perigrine will be moved forward. If you don't want to included in this novena ,please, PM me and I will remove your name.

The novena will also be added to the world wide Rosary thread.

The novena will only be on the archives thread, as it was too confusing updating both threads as people requested additions.  Everyone will be notified by PM. If you know of someone that would like to be included , have them PM their intention

New info:A specific intention has been added for those hurt by Sandy. But if you would like to name someone in particular ,please PM.

New request: If anyone lives near the shrine in Philly,Penn. and would be willing to take the list that would be a blessing. PM

community.breastcancer.org/top...

Link to archives thread

Link to Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

www.cammonline.org/index.php?/...

Nov 13, 2012 11:50PM dmacw wrote:

For my dad, John, so he would not suffer with bladder and lung cancer. 

Donna

Dec 19, 2012 07:49PM - edited Dec 19, 2012 08:21PM by mnmom

For my Mom who is aging & trying to care for my alzhiemers Dad & for him. For my children who are suffering through ptsd & depressions, one of who has been suicidal.

Our transition year of health care is over & so we have none on the first of the year, my vacation time has been used up with numberous dr/counseling  appointments for everyone no more for 9 months & I am at risk of losing my fulltime job because of all the missed time at work but have no choice due to the need to be elsewhere, and the loss of income .............prayers for some guidance/help please

Dx 11/2008

Dx 11/2008

Jan 31, 2013 12:44AM sas-schatzi wrote:

Reposted from novenas: Linda has just had notice that she has mets to the cervical spine. Linda's prayer was countinued on the last novenas at the end, specifically b/c it was a beautiful prayer. Don't know if anyone caught that, but as the keeper and recorder of the last few novenas, I had control over how things were recorded. I kept Linda-n's intention and prayer as the last to be said. Now she needs us.

Linda-n3pb:

Thanks be to God for each moment of grace that comes from His love every day, all day.

Thanks be to God for the opportunity to share His love every day, all day.

Thanks be to God for the courage and strength to carry out His will for us every day, all day.

Thanks be to God for those who have gone before us, have shared their love with us, and showed us how to live the way Christ asks us to live.

Page 8 of 8 (216 results)