Join Us

We are 222,316 members in 83 forums discussing 162,454 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Catholic Prayer Archives with Invitation to all

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Nov 4, 2010 12:51AM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:05AM by sas-schatzi

sas-schatzi wrote:

We are Catholic, but we invite those of other Faiths to post also. Prayer from the heart and soul of us, knows no boundaries. We are women and men afflicted with a disease that rips at our being. We can bring support, solace, joy to each other by the words that we use. The intent is to repeat the prayers here that we have used for each other in time of need.

It is not a discussion page. It is for prayers only. As said above, we welcome all.  The reason we wish to create this page is that as prayers are said in the moment of need to each other on our own threads, they have so much intensity ..... then we move on. By the next page the wonderful thoughts can be forgotten. If you have patience enough to bring your prayer here and cut&paste it. It will be here as long as BCO is. Others may then come here in there time of need, and find a prayer that brings a quietness to their soul in a troubled time. We Salute the God within Each of You, May you find here something that gladdens your heart and gives you Hope. This site is dedicated to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. From the Sisters of the Catholic thread.

Link to Catholic discussion thread: http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/738190?page=1

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Page 1 of 5 (132 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (132 total)

Nov 4, 2010 06:11PM JanetinVirginia wrote:

Our Father in heaven, thank You for this day and for all of our many blessings.  We know miracles and healing come only through You.  We pray for a cure for the terrible disease cancer.   Guide the hands of cancer researchers all over the world.  Open their minds to understand the mysteries of cancer so they may discover the cure in Your name.   As You have taught us, we believe with all our hearts that You need only say the word for this to come to pass.    Amen.

Dx 9/1/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 4, 2010 07:46PM kindone wrote:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
Forever in the next.
Amen.

Betty Dx 11/29/2007, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/8 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 4, 2010 07:51PM ruthbru wrote:

Dear God, I pray for all people struggling with treatment decisions. Grant them and their doctors wisdom as they make their choices. Amen

"Invisible threads are the strongest ties." Friedrich Nietzsche Dx 2/2007, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/11 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Nov 5, 2010 01:48AM ToriGirl wrote:

Remember Oh Most Gracious Virgin Mary,

that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided.  Inspired by this confidence I fly unto you, O Virgin of Virgins, my Mother.  To you I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

Oh Mother of the word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in Your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen 

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 5, 2010 01:51AM ToriGirl wrote:

St Michael the Archangel,

Defend me in battle.

Be my safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

May God rebuke him we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the Power of God cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl through the world, seeking the ruin of souls.

AMEN 

"Sorrow carves the opening for joy later..." Dx 6/4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, 1/11 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 5, 2010 02:31AM DiamondGirl wrote:

Memorare

Remember, most loving Virgin Mary, never was it heard that anyone who turned to you for help was left unaided.  Inspired by this confidence, though burdened by my sins, I run to you for protection. Mother of the Word of God, do not despise my words of pleading but be merciful and hear my prayer. Amen.

Prayer During Suffering

Lord Jesus Christ, accept my sufferings and unite them to yours on the Cross.  Sanctify this sickness and give me the grace to welcome it.  Support me in my pain and weakness and comfort me in my affliction, and let me rest my weariness and pain in your living heart.  Relieve me and refresh me so that I may bear this suffering for your sake.

You who comforted the martyrs in their torture and gave them courage, renew your comfort in me.  Defend me against all temptations and keep the enemy from taking advantage of me in this illness.  Above all, give me strength to bear whatever you have chosen for me.  Amen.

Prayer for Healing

Lord Jesus, You are my physician who comes from heaven to heal me. Help me to resolve to put all my trust in You alone and to patiently undergo my treatment. Lord, You can uproot and heal my sickness and ease my fears. I ask You please for my healing. Amen!

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 5, 2010 09:57PM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace

The Lord is with thee,

Blessed art though among women

And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.

Holy Mary, mother of God

Pray for us sinners,

Now and at the hour of our death, Amen

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 7, 2010 02:03PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:07AM by sas-schatzi

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil;
for thine is the kingom, and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting "holy crap....what a ride".

Nov 7, 2010 02:04PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:07AM by sas-schatzi

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Nov 7, 2010 07:45PM theresap60 wrote:

Rosary

http://www.theholyrosary.org/

The word Rosary means "Crown of Roses".

The whole Rosary is composed of twenty decades. Each decade is recited in honor of a mystery in Our Lord's Life and that of his Blessed Mother.

It is customary to recite five decades at a time while meditating on one set of mysteries.

The decades may be separated, if the entire chaplet is completed on the same day.

Each Mystery may be meditate "bead by bead" for every Hail Mary of the decade.

JOYFUL Mysteries on Monday and Saturday.

1st - The Annunciation of the Angel to Mary

2nd - The visitation of Mary to Saint Elizabeth

3rd - The nativity of Jesus in Bethlehem

4th - The presentation of Jesus to the Temple

5th - The finding of Jesus in the Temple

SORROWFUL Mysteries on Tuesday and Friday.

1st - The Agony of Jesus in the garden

2nd -The scourging of Jesus at the pillar

3rd - The Crowning with Thorns

4th - The Carrying of the Cross

5th - The crucifixion and death of Jesus

GLORIOUS Mysteries on Wednesday and Sunday.

1st - The Resurrection of Jesus Christ

2nd - The Ascension of Jesus to Heaven

3rd - The Descent of the Holy Ghost 

4th - The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven

5th - The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Queen of Heaven and Earth

LIGHT (Luminous) Mysteries on Thursday

1st - The Baptism of Jesus

2nd - The wedding of Cana

3rd - The proclamation of the Kingdom of God

4th - The Transfiguration

5th - The institution of the Eucharist

How to pray the Rosary:

• 1. While holding the crucifix make the Sign of the Cross. and then recite the Apostles Creed.
  • 2. Recite the Our Father on the first large bead.
  • 3. Recite a Hail Mary for an increase of faith, hope and charity on each of the three small beads.
  • 4. Recite the Glory Be to the Father on the next large bead.
  • 5. Recite the Fatima Prayer "O my Jesus" on the large bead.
  • 6. Recall the first Rosary Mystery and recite the Our Father on the large bead.
  • 7. On each of the adjacent ten small beads (also refered to as a decade) recite a Hail Mary while reflecting on the mystery.
  • 8. On the next large bead, recite the Glory Be to the Father, the Fatima prayer.
  • 9. Each succeeding decade is prayed in a similar manner by recalling the appropriate mystery, reciting the Our Father, ten Hail Marys while reflecting on the mystery, the Glory Be to the Father, and the Fatima prayer.
  • 10. When the fifth mystery is completed, the Rosary is customarily concluded with the Hail Holy Queen, and the Sign of the Cross.

Prayers of the Rosary:

The Apostles' Creed: I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord; Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell. On the third day He arose again; He ascended into heaven,and sitteth at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgivness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen

The Our Father: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name: Thy kingdom come: Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread: and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation: but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The Hail Mary: Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Glory Be to the Father: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

The Fatima Prayer: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy".

The Hail, Holy Queen: Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy! our life, our sweetness, and our hope! To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley, of tears. Turn, then, most gracious Advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus; O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

Nov 7, 2010 07:50PM theresap60 wrote:

Traditional Prayers

Nicene Creed

We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is seen and unseen. We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, one in being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us men and our salvation He came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit, He was born of the Virgin Mary , and became man. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate; He suffered, died, and was buried. On the third day He rose again in fulfillment of the scriptures: He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end. We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.

Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help
or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,
I fly unto you,
O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
to you do I come,
before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions,
but in your mercy hear and answer me. - Amen

Guardian Angel Prayer

Angel of God,
My guardian dear,
Through whom God's love commits me here,
Ever this day,
Be at my side,
To light and guard,
To rule and guide.

Act of Consecration to the Sacred heart of Jesus

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I consecrate myself to Your Most Sacred Heart. Take possession of my whole being; transform me into Yourself. Make my hands Your hands, my feet Your feet, my heart Your heart. Let me see with Your eyes, listen with Your ears, speak with Your lips, love with Your heart, understand with Your mind, serve with Your will, and be dedicated with my whole being. Make me Your other self. Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, send me Your Holy Spirit to teach me to love You and to live through You, with You, in You and for You.

Come, Holy Spirit, make my body Your temple. Come, and abide with me forever. Give me the deepest love for the Sacred Heart of Jesus in order to serve Him with my whole heart, soul, mind and strength. Take possession of all my faculties of body and soul. Regulate all my passions: feelings and emotions. Take possession of my intellect, understanding and will; my memory and imagination. O Holy Spirit of Love, give me an abundance of Your efficacious graces. Give me the fullness of all the virtues; enrich my faith, strengthen my hope, increase my trust, and inflame my love. Give me the fullness of Your sevenfold gifts, fruits and beatitudes. Most Holy Trinity, make my soul Your sanctuary. Amen

TOTUS TUUS (Totally Yours)

Immaculate Conception, Mary, my Mother.
Live in me. Act in me. Speak in and through me.
Think your thoughts in my mind. Love, through my heart.
Give me your dispositions and feelings.
Teach, lead and guide me to Jesus.
Correct, enlighten and expand my thoughts and behavior.
Possess my soul. Take over my entire personality and life.
Replace it with yourself.
Incline me to constant adoration and thanksgiving.
Pray in me and through me.
Let me live in you and keep me in this union always.

Precious Blood

Eternal Father, I offer thee the most precious blood of they divine son, Jesus in union with the masses said throughout the world today for all the holy souls in purgatory, for sinners everywhere for sinners in the universal church for those in my own home and within my family.  Amen

A Prayer to Free 1000 Souls from Purgatory

Our Lord told St. Gertrude the Great that the following prayer would release 1000 souls from Purgatory each time it is said. The prayer was later extended to include living sinners as well:

"Eternal Father, I offer thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen"

Theresa - Diagnosis: 12/24/2009, DCIS, 1.8cm, Stage 1A, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-, Lumpectomy 2/2010, SAVI 3/2010, T/C 4 (April-May 2010), Tamoxifen

Nov 7, 2010 07:56PM theresap60 wrote:

Novenas

Novena To St. Jude

Most holy Apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus,  the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of difficult  cases, of things almost despaired of, Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone.
Intercede with God for me that He bring visible and speedy help where help is  almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive  the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and  sufferings, particularly -
(make your request here)
- and that I may praise  God with you and all the saints forever. I promise, O Blessed St. Jude, to be  ever mindful of this great favor granted me by God and to always honor you as  my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you.
Amen

PRAYER

May the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus be adored, and loved in all the  tabernacles until the end of time. Amen.

May the most Sacred Heart of Jesus be praised and glorified now and forever. Amen

St. Jude pray for us and hear our prayers. Amen.

Blessed be the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Blessed be the Immaculate Heart of Mary
Blessed be St. Jude Thaddeus, in all the world and for all Eternity.
(say this prayer, followed by the Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be)

Novena of the Miraculous Medal

O Immaculate Virgin Mary,
Mother of Our Lord Jesus and our Mother,
penetrated with the most lively confidence in your all-powerful and never-failing intercession, manifested so often through the Miraculous Medal,
we your loving and trustful children implore you to obtain for us the graces and favors we ask during this novena,
if they be beneficial to our immortal souls,
and the souls for whom we pray.
(Here form your petition)

You know, O Mary, how often our souls have been the sanctuaries of your Son who hates iniquity.
Obtain for us then a deep hatred of sin and that purity of heart which will attach us to God alone so that our every thought, word and deed may tend to His greater glory.
Obtain for us also a spirit of prayer and self-denial that we may recover by penance what we have lost by sin and at length attain to that blessed abode where you are the Queen of angels and of men.  Amen.

NOVENA TO ST AGATHA

O Saint Agatha who withstood the unwelcome advances from unwanted suitors, and suffered pain and torture for your devotion to our Lord, we celebrate your faith, dignity, and martyrdom.

Protect us against rape and other violations, guard us against breast cancer and other afflictions of women, and inspire us to overcome adversity.

O Saint Agatha virgin and martyr, mercifully grant that we who venerate your sacrifice may receive your intercession. Amen

I invite you ladies to join me as "when two or more are gathered in my name" prayers are answered. I love the part about overcoming adversity.

The Novena should be prayed 9 times in a row for 9 days.

Novena Prayer to St. Frances Xavier Cabrini

Almighty and Eternal Father, Giver of all gifts, show us Your Mercy, and grant, we beseech You, through the merits of Your faithful servant, Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, that all who invoke her intercession may obtain what they desire according to the good pleasure of Your Holy Will - (name your request).

O' Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, mindful of Your bountiful goodness and Love, deign, we implore You, through the tender devotion of Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini for Your Sacred Heart, to hear our prayers and grant our petitions.

O' God, the Holy Spirit, Comforter of the afflicted, Fountain of Light and Truth, through the ardent zeal of Your humble handmaid, Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, grant us Your all-powerful aid in our necessities, sanctify our souls and fill our minds with Divine Light that we may see the Holy Will of God in all things.

Saint Frances Xavier Cabrini, beloved spouse of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, intercede for us that the favor we now ask may be granted.

(Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be - 3 times each)

The Novena in Honor of Jesus as True King

Recite One Our Father, One Hail Mary and One Glory Be

O Lord our God, You alone are the Most Holy King and Ruler of all nations. We pray to You, Lord, in the great expectation of receiving from You, O Divine King, mercy, peace, justice and all good things.  Protect, O Lord our King, our families and the land of our birth. Guard us we pray Most Faithful One. Protect us from our enemies and from Your Just Judgment. Forgive us, O Sovereign King, our sins against you.

Jesus, You are a King of Mercy. We have deserved Your Just Judgment.  Have mercy on us, Lord, and forgive us.  We trust in Your Great Mercy.  O most awe-inspiring King, we bow before You and pray;  May Your Reign, Your Kingdom, be recognized on earth.  Amen.

Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus

O most Sacred of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with a lively sorrorw for my sins, I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure, and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, good Jesus, that I may live in You and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger; comfort me in my afflictions; give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, Your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen

Nov 7, 2010 08:00PM theresap60 wrote:

Prayers to Saints for Intercession and Prayers of Saints

St. Agatha PATRON SAINT of Women's causes specifically breast cancer

Oh St. Agatha, who withstood the unwelcome advances from unwanted suitors, and suffered pain and torture for your devotion to Our Lord, we celebrate your faith, dignity and martyrdom.

Protect us against rape and other violations, guard us against breast cancer and other afflictions of women, and inspire us to overcome adversity.

Oh St. Agatha, Virgin and Martyr, mercifully grant that we who venerate your sacrifice, may receive your intercession.

Prayer of St. Francis:

May the Lord bless you and protect you,

May He show you His countenance and have mercy on you.

May He turn His face to you and give you peace.

May the Lord bless you.

St. Teresa of Avila

Let nothing disturb you; Nothing frighten you. All things are passing. God never changes. Patience obtains all things. Nothing is wanting to him who possesses God. God alone suffices.

A prayer to St. Monica....

Blessed Monica, mother of St. Augustine, we give thanks to our Father in heaven Who looked with mercy upon your tears over your wayward son. His conversion and heroic sanctification were the fruit of your prayers. Dear St. Monica, we now ask you to pray with us for all those sons and daughters that have wandered away from God, and to add your prayers to those of all mothers who are worried over their children. Pray also for us that, following your example, we may, in the company of our children, one day enjoy the eternal vision of our Father in heaven. Amen.

St. Augustine's Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Breathe in me, O Holy Spirit, that my thoughts may all be holy. Act in me, O Holy Spirit, that my work, too, may be holy. Draw my heart, O Holy Spirit, that I love but what is holy. Strengthen me, O Holy Spirit, to defend all that is holy. Guard me, then, O Holy Spirit, that I always may be holy. Amen.

Dear St. Dymphna (for mental and emotional problems);

Please lift our sister's spirit up so that she may feel the healing power of the Risen Christ in her heart, her mind and in her soul....

Help her to bring her pain to Jesus, so that he the infinite Healer can minister to her and surround her with all His love and care.

Allow her to feel the peace that comes from knowing that she is a special child of Jesus who is greatly loved and is called to experience that love in all its fullness.  Should her sadness persist help her to offer her pain up to join in the pain of the Passion in order to bring goodness from all her suffering...but then please bring her to total trust in the Lord and His love for her. 

We ask this in the name of the Risen Christ, Amen.

St. Paul of the Cross.  wrote, "It is an excellent and holy practice to call to mind and meditate on our Lord's Passion, since it is by this path that we shall arrive at union with God. In this, the holiest of all schools, true wisdom is learned, for it was there that all the saints became wise.

St Jerome:  " Nothing  is more to be feared than too long a peace.  You are deceived if you think that a Christian can live without persecution.  He suffers the greatest persecution of all who lives under none.  A storm puts a man on his guard and obliges him to exert his utmost efforts to avoid shipwreck." 

St. Teresa of Avila:  "  When the Lord knows that good health is necessary for our welfare, He sends it to us; and when we need sickness, He sends that too."

St. Richard of Chichester, 1197- 1253: Thanks be to You, Lord Jesus Christ, for all the benefits and blessings which You have given to me, for all the pains and insults which You have bourne for me. O most merciful Friend, Brother and Redeemer, may I see You more clearly, love you more dearly, and follow you more nearly, day by day.

"We cultivate a very small field for Christ, but we love it, knowing that God does not require great achievements but a heart that holds back nothing for self. "  St. Rose Phillipine Duchessne

"Impress on yourself this great truth.  Even if all hell's devils come after you to tempt you, you won't sin unless you want to-provided that you don't trust in your own powers, but in the assistance of God.  He doesn't refuse help to those who ask it with a lively faith."  St. Leonard of Port Maurice

Nov 7, 2010 08:03PM theresap60 wrote:

Scripture

Psalm 91. HE SHALL CALL UPON ME, AND I WILL ANSWER HIM, I WILL BE WITH HIM IN DISTRESS, I WILL DELIVER HIM AND GLORIFY HIM.

Mark 11:24.  Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

John 14:  If you love me obey me: and I will ask the Father and he will give you another Comforter, and he will never leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, the Spirit who leads into all truth. The world at large cannot receive him, for it isnt looking for him and doesn't recognize him. But you do, for he lives with you now and some day shall be in you. No, I will not abandon you or leave you as orphans in the storm    I will come to you. In just a little while I will be gone from the world, but I will still be present with you. For I will live again and you will too. When I come back to life again, you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you. The one who obeys me is the one whol loves me; and because he lovesme, my Father will love him; and I will too, and I will reveal myself to him.

Mark 11:22-24:  Have Faith in God. Thus I say to you whoever says to this mountain, "Be taken up & thrown into the sea and does not doubt in his heart, but believes it, will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe you have received it, and it shall be yours.

Psalm 18:32:  It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.

Isaiah 40:11:  He tends his flock like a shepherd: he gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart.

2 Maccabees 6:31:  This is how he died, leaving in his death a  model of courage and unforgettable example of virtue not only for the young but for the whole nation.

Nov 7, 2010 08:16PM - edited Aug 20, 2013 06:07AM by theresap60

Other Prayers

Prayer: Jesus Help Me

Jesus, help me, your servant, whom you redeemed by your precious blood:

In every need let me come to you with humble trust, saying,

~ Jesus Help Me.

In hours of loneliness, weariness, and trial,

~ Jesus Help Me.

In the failure of my plans and hopes,

~ Jesus Help Me.

In disappointments, troubles, and sorrows,

~ Jesus Help Me.

When I throw myself on your tender love as Father and Savior,

~ Jesus Help Me.

When I feel impatient and my cross is heavy,

~ Jesus Help Me.

When I am ill and my head and hands cannot do their work,

~ Jesus Help Me.

Always, always, in joys or sorrows, in falls and shortcomings,

~ Jesus Help Me.  Amen!

"Give Me Victory"
Jesus, I will never really know the price You paid on the cross so that I could live a life of victory.  You willingly suffered the nails of the cross for me.  So when I'm overwhelmed by the pain and problems that come my way, remind me that You are my God, my Deliverer, my Saviour and my reason to live.  Grant me victory over my fears.  Open my eyes so that I can see Your face instead of my fear.  Let me find rest for my weary soul in Your presence.  Make a way where there seems to be no way.  Thank You that I am not alone.  You are always with me and constantly working on my behalf.  I praise You that I can be victorious in every area of my life because I am Yours.  In Your name, Amen.

God, Please give me the strength to fight and the strength to heal.  Please watch over my children; allow them the courage to endure the stages of my healing.  Thank you for your loving support and for the encouragement from those around me.  And guard my sense of humor so I can maintain balance.  Amen  by Katherine Welsh, Survivor

When in Pain:  God of Compassion, You know of my pain. Strengthen me and my faith in You. Even in this pain, help me experience and know Your presence. Strengthen my faith when I despair. Give me the assurance of Your eternal love. Amen

SEND YOUR ANGEL TO MASS:  Ruth Merz

O' Holy angel at my side
Go to church for me
Kneel in my place at Holy Mass
Where I desire to be.

At offertory in my stead
Take all I am and own
And place it as a sacrifice
Upon the Altar throne.

At Holy Consecration bell,
Adore with Seraph's love
My Jesus hidden in the Host
Come down from Heaven above.

There pray for those I dearly love
And those that cause me grief
That Jesus' blood may cleanse all hearts
Give suffering souls relief.

That when the priest Communion takes
Then bring my Lord to me
That His sweet heart may rest in mine
And I His temple be.

Pray that the sacrifice divine
May all man's sin efface
Then bring me Jesus' blessing home
The pledge of every grace.  Amen

Jesus, Jesus, Come To Me

O Jesus, come to me
Comfort my poor soul distressed,
Come and dwell within my breast.
Oh, how oft I sigh for Thee!
Jesus, Jesus, come to me!
My Savior, Jesus, come to me;
With all my heart I long for Thee!
Most firmly I believe in Thee,
Most trustfully I hope in Thee,
Most ardently I love Thee,
Then come, O Jesus, come to me.

Poem by John Shea.

First, Something Happens.

A friend dies;

a child smiles us into wonder;

an old lady refuses to be old;

an adolescent finds a way out;

a secret weakness is painfully exposed;

we are unexpectedly kissed.

First something happens.

A short fall is suddenly w/o bottom;

an expectation is reversed;

a comforting self-image is shaken.

First something happens.

At the center of our best effort we discover our worst motive.

Our perfect plot fails, and their sloppiest plan succeeds.

When all retreat at the sight of the dead, we stay and stare and do not know why.

First something happens.

Scott Krippayne's "Sometimes He Calms The Storm"
"Sometimes He calms the storm
With a whispered peace be still
He can settle any sea
But it doesn't mean He will
Sometimes He holds us close
And lets the wind and waves go wild
Sometimes He calms the storm
And other times He calms His child"

Prayer for Those Who Suffer

"For those who suffer, and those who cry this night,

give them repose, Lord; a pause in their burdens.

Let there be minutes where they experience peace,

not of man but of angels.

Love them, Lord, when others cannot.

Hold them, Lord, when we fail with human arms.

Hear their prayers, and give them the ability to hear You back

in whatever language they best understand."

The Poem
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.....
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God! held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
'Your name I cannot find
I once was going! to write it down......
But never found the time'

If you look at what you do not have in life,
you don't have anything,

If God brings you to it, He will bring you
through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

FOR CONFIDENCE IN THE STORM
Lord, we are very much aware our lives are fragile,
that dangers are all around us,
that storms of various kinds threaten us.
We are concerned about health,
we fear crime and violence,
we know that accidents can happen in a twinkle of an eye,
we worry about finances,
we are anxious about members of our family.
So we pray for protection,
for confidence and for wisdom.
So often we look only on the waves,
the wind the dangers, the troubles,
the difficulties and we see little hope.
At other times we place too much confidence in our own abilities,
and we act foolishly and recklessly.
So we ask that You will help us to keep our eyes on You.
Give us a keen sense of our limitations.
May our faith in You be strong and unswerving,
standing firm on the face of hardship
and remaining humble in times of success.

Amen.

A PRAYER FOR INNER PEACE.
Lord, please put Your peace in my heart.
I'm worried and anxious.
My mind races and obsesses.
I can't help thinking about my problems.
And the more I think about them,
the more depressed I become.
I feel like I'm sinking down in quicksand
and can't get out.
Calm me, Lord.
Slow me down, put Your peace in my heart.

No matter what problem I have, Lord,
You are bigger,
You are more powerful than it is.
So I bring my problem to You.
I know what I want.
I know my will.
I do not know Yours.
I do not know how You will use this problem for my salvation.
I do not know what good You will workout from this evil.
But I trust You.
I trust Your goodness and Your wisdom.
So I place myself in Your hands.
Please fill my heart with peace.

Amen.

A Prayer Before Surgery Using "You"
Dear Father, we thank You for this beautiful day and for the blessing of calling upon You for help with a prayer before surgery. We love You, Father and we know You love ______________. We love _______________ very much too. We are grateful they are in our lives.
We ask You to please bless ________ to feel Your love and our love, in comforting healing power now. We ask that You give __________ strength to be at ease and free from worry or concerns at this time.

We thank You for the talented doctors and good medical staff that are all around us now. We ask You to bless the surgeons that will attend _________ now; that they will be directed by You, that their skills be heightened and their hands be made steady and sure. Please bless our humble prayer before surgery to cause all to go smoothly with this surgery before and after.

Please send Your love and Your angels with their helping, healing hands. We invite You to attend the and guide the entire operation, and please remain with us all during surgery recovery .

We ask You, Father, that the surgery recovery time be made pleasant, free from illness, infection and stress. Bless __________ body to respond well to medications and the surgery. Please bless the healing after surgery that it will be rapid and perfect. Bless ___________ to return to a full, active life and that they will be able to use their health to love others and You.

We thank You for the doctors, their skills and that they are willing to help us all now.

We thank You for all You have given us, and humbly ask blessings on all; especially ____________. This is our prayer for surgery and we ask for these blessings to be given if it is Your will, in Jesus' name, Amen.

Nov 11, 2010 04:27PM DiamondGirl wrote:

Prayer to all the Archangels

St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael, be with me today. Protect me from whatever could cause spiritual or physical harm. Help me be faithful to Jesus and a good communicator of his divine love. Amen.

Prayer to St. Michael

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in the battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into Hell, Satan and all the other evil spirits, who prowl about the world, seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Prayer to St. Raphael

Blessed Saint Raphael, Archangel, We beseech thee to help us in all our needs and trials of this life, as thou, through the power of God, didst restore sight and give guidance to young Tobit. We humbly seek thine aid and intercession, that our souls may be healed, our bodies protected from all ills, and that through divine grace we may be made fit to dwell in the eternal Glory of God in heaven. Amen.

Prayer to St. Gabriel

O Blessed Archangel Gabriel, we beseech thee, do thou intercede for us at the throne of divine Mercy in our present necessities, that as thou didst announce to Mary the mystery of the Incarnation, so through thy prayers and patronage in heaven we may obtain the benefits of the same, and sing the praise of God forever in the land of the living. Amen.

~ Whenever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. Matthew 7:7-8 Dx 6/29/2010, IDC, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 20, 2010 12:43AM lovemyfamilysomuch wrote:

Oh My God, I am heartly sorry

for having offended thee.

And I detest all my sins

because of thy just punishment

but most of all because they offend Thee my God

Who art all good and deserving of all my love.

I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy grace

To sin no more and to avoid the near occassion of sin.

Amen

Dx 10/14/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/7 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 20, 2010 08:08AM squidwitch42 wrote:

Dear God,

I pray to learn Peace. I struggle in the chaos of my work environment, and it carries over into my walking life. Please help me find another way to be strong, another way to approach the many demands and pressures. You know what they are, and I see the toll this has on my health. Please give me Peace and Serenity. We are now at the perfect time to change old ways for the better, so I ask for your Wisdom, and a flow of ideas to help create the working space that will promote healing, respect, order and organization. Please help me lead the way.

Amen.

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Nov 21, 2010 03:19PM DiamondGirl wrote:

This is copied from PRA's post, a card from her sister -

"You will win this battle

You're strong like a beautiful tree in the forest...

You have experienced the winds of change and challenge, and you are still standing. Like the roots of a beautiful tree in the forest reach down into the earth, your foundation of faith and spirituality will keep you firmly planted.

When you've done all you think you can, stay determined. When you're doubtful and frustrated, don't give up. When you can't see tomorrow, just get through today.

Keep on keeping on. You will win. Don't despair. Storms and the weather made that big tree strong, and it's still standing, too, just like you.

In the quiet of your heart and mind, you may sometimes have questions.

Stay positive, and allow yourself to hope and dream, to rest and relax. Believe that all things are possible, and you will be empowered. Believe that you will win this battle !" - Donna Fargo

Nov 28, 2010 11:24PM prayersareanswered wrote:

Thanksgiving Novenna to Saint Jude

O Holy Saint Jude, apostle and martyr, great in virtue and rich in miracles, near kinsman of Jesus Christ, faithful intercessor of all who invoke your special patronage in time of need. To you I have recourse from the depth of my heart and humbly beg to whom God has given so great power to come to my assistance. Help me in my present and urgent petition, in return I promise to make your name known and cause you to be invoked. Saint Jude pray for us and all who invoked your aid. Amen

Say three Our Fathers, three Hal Marys and Glorias. Publication must be promised. This novenna has never been known to fail.

I have had my request granted and will fill to publish my thanksgiving

Dx 10/27/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 2/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Dec 23, 2010 02:27AM - edited May 15, 2011 01:58AM by sas-schatzi

This Post was deleted by sas-schatzi.

Feb 10, 2011 07:45PM theresap60 wrote:

Healing Prayer of Surrender

Dear Lord Jesus, it is my will to surrender to you everything that I am and everything that I'm striving to be. I open the deepest recesses of my heart to you and invite your Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me.

I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul, spirit, all my hopes, plans and dreams. I surrender to you my past, present and future problems, habits, character defects, attitudes, livelihood, resources, finances, medical coverage, occupation and all my relationships.

I give you my health, disabilities, physical appearance, home, family, marriage, children, sexuality and friendships. I ask you to take Lordship over every aspect of my life. I surrender to you all my hurt, pain, worry, anxiety and fear, and I ask you to wash me clean.

I release everything into your compassionate care. Please speak to me clearly, Lord. Open my ears to hear your voice. Open my heart to commune with you more deeply. I desperately need to feel your loving embrace. Shut the doors that need to be shut and open the doors that need to be opened. Set my feet upon the straight and narrow road that leads to everlasting life. Amen.

Mar 11, 2011 08:36AM theresap60 wrote:

Church Rises Like the Dawn

St. Gregory the Great
 Early Church Father & Doctor of the Church

This excerpt from St. Gregory the Great's Moral Reflections on Job (Moralia in Job, Lib. 3, 15-16: pl 75, 606-608) treats of the imagery of dawn, light and darkness.  This reading is used in the Roman Office of Readings for Thursday of the 9th week in ordinary time with the accompanying biblical reading taken from Job.

Since the dawn goes from darkness into light, it is right that the Church of the elect should be called "dawn" or "first light." As it is led from the night of disbelief into the light of faith, it is opened up to the splendour of heavenly brightness just as the dawn bursts into day after darkness. How right are the words of the Song of Songs: Who is she who is coming up like the dawn? The holy Church seeks the rewards of heavenly life and is rightly called the dawn because it deserts the shadows of sin and sparkles in the light of righteousness.

There is something subtler to learn from this, on considering the nature of the dawn. Dawn, or first light, proclaims that the night is over but does not yet manifest the full brightness of the day. It dispels night, it gives a beginning to the day, but still it is a mixture of light and darkness. All of us who follow the truth in this life, are we not exactly like the dawn? Some of the things we do are truly works of the light, but others are not entirely free of the remnants of darkness. No man is virtuous before you, says the psalmist, and again Scripture says we have all done wrong in many ways.

This is why Paul does not say "the night has passed and day has come," but night has passed and day is approaching, showing beyond doubt that he is still in the dawn, after the end of darkness but still before rising of the sun.

The Church of the elect will be fully day only when the darkness of sin is no longer mixed in with it. It will be fully day only when it shines with the perfect warmth of a light that comes from within. God shows that we are still going through this dawn when he says to Job, Have you ever sent the dawn to its post? Something that is being sent somewhere is being sent from one place or state to another. What is the destined place of the dawn if not the perfect brightness of the eternal vision? And when it has reached its place, will it still have any of the darkness of the night that has passed? The dawn was intent on reaching its destined place when the psalmist said My soul thirsts for the living God; when shall I appear before the face of God? The dawn was hurrying to the place it knew to be its destiny when Paul said that he wanted to die and to be with Christ, and when he said For me to live is Christ and to die is gain.

Mar 17, 2011 12:11AM sas-schatzi wrote:

We each make a difference, how we sometimes know, and that brings us happiness.  If  we have caused others to bring happiness that we don't know about, it is our blessing.

Apr 1, 2011 11:29PM sas-schatzi wrote:

What do we say to those that don't know how the cancer word changed us. What do we say to those that see that something has changed, but can't define it. Those that are mature will stay the course and behave with grace. Less mature will see themselves at the center of the change, yet they aren't . They want things to be the same as they were yesterday before the word cancer.  They will act out, become a problem, leave or whatever.  It' s the me, mine ,why did you do this to me whine.  When this happens remind them everyone is still alive. For a moment in time, there is possibility in the next moment we may be gone. I saw both happen in 2010. One brother gone within moments, the other brother gone in months- my Greg,. Life is a gift. we should cherish each one. Don't whine. Don't carry on. Don't do something that would make the ones that love you most ---sad. We did not make cancer happen. We did not wish it to be. We did not do it to interrupt your life. Every part of our being would have nothing to do with this if we had the say. BUT we didn't , it's here. What we can do is cling to each other and enjoy each moment of life as if it were the last.

Apr 27, 2011 08:09PM - edited Apr 28, 2011 02:57PM by theresap60

Miraculous Invocation to Saint Therese

O Glorious St. Therese, whom Almighty God has raised up to aid and inspire the human family, I implore your Miraculous Intercession. You are so powerful in obtaining every need of body and spirit from the Heart of God. Holy Mother Church proclaims you 'Prodigy of Miracles... the Greatest Saint of Modern Times.' Now I fervently beseech you to answer our petitions 

[List intentions/petitions]

and to carry out your promises of spending Heaven doing good on earth...of letting fall from Heaven a Shower of Roses. Little Flower, give me your childlike faith, to see the Face of God in the people and experiences of my life, and to love God with full confidence. St. Therese, my Carmelite Sister, I will fulfill your plea 'to be made known everywhere' and I will continue to lead others to Jesus through you. Amen.

Novena Rose Prayer

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus, please pick for me a rose from the heavenly gardens and send it to me as a message of love.

O Little Flower of Jesus, ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands... (petitions) 

St. Therese, help me to always believe as you did, in God's great love for me, so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day.

Amen

Link to Intentions Page:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/38/topic/760131?page=4#idx_105

Apr 28, 2011 11:50PM sas-schatzi wrote:

So, if this shall be our prayer it will simple. God, Mother Mary, Christ during this holiest of times. Help us comprehend all that Christ as the SON of God suffered and did for us this week. The meaning of His resurrection. How through out history man has used religion as a source to commit atrocities against each other.  That was not your intention in any of your teachings. Nor was the intention of any other religious leader. Man somehow has never fully comprehended your words or used them in a way that makes tears come from Your Mothers eyes with each of her appearances. With a warning that we better get ourselves straight because God Is not pleased.  We pray for enlightenment for those everywhere, to stop hating, stop fighting, lay down arms , and stop bombing. Stop the Hurting.

For our families and ourselves----keep hope alive in us- Hope is the cornerstone of being able to get out of bed each day. We request and implore healings, but we don't know the plan. So, we pray that we can accept the plan with grace and FAITH.

At this time, we have asked a special blessing for our moms. You can tell here that, we all had special relationships with our moms. But on other threads I have read some awful things regarding other moms. Please let those people that didn't or continue to not have the concern of their mothers, let them find peace from those thoughts and be able to find forgiveness within their being.

Bless us all that are here and all that have recently departed, but were once part of us , especially Jeannine and Audrey.

May we accept your sacrifice Dear Christ and live by your words.

Namaste, I SALUTE THE GOD WITHIN YOU 

May 1, 2011 03:40AM - edited May 2, 2011 12:24PM by sas-schatzi

This Post was deleted by sas-schatzi.

May 8, 2011 12:23AM sas-schatzi wrote:

sagina wrote:

Jesus in Your presence we stand, humbled by Your mercy and love, given freely even when not sought, I ask dear Jesus that You bestow Your grace on those in need, in need of healing - mind, soul, heart and body.  Through Your most Sacred Heart touch the sons in trouble, the daughters in despair, and the families broken from heartache and pain.  In their suffering may they see the beauty of what will be again, and understand that without sorrow all the joyful noise would not exist.  Jesus keep them close to Your heart, carry them now as they build their strength to honor and praise You.  In Your name I pray.

May 10, 2011 11:47AM sas-schatzi wrote:

10 hours ago Anne1962 wrote:

Hi All,

Bless, O God, all who struggle with cancer.
Empower them with hope
for each and every day.
Provide them with loving
and tender care, laughter,
and the support of love.
Grant them
courage when they are afraid,
comfort when they are in pain,
and your blessing
when all else seems hopeless,
that in their fight with illness
they may continue to praise you
and glorify your name.
Amen.

Page 1 of 5 (132 results)