Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Need simple prayer for nearing end

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jan 12, 2011 03:17PM

lindaa wrote:

Hi  all,

I read and am inspired by the many prayers on this forumn.  I have a friend who is nearing the end of her cancer journey.  With mets everywhere, and low QOL, she has decided to quit chemo and let God's Will be done.  I would like to send her flowers with a 'thinking of you' card, assuming I can find something tasteful.  Are there any short, loving prayers that I can add to the card?  I am the type who might read a nice prayer in an obit but then never remember it.  This prayer would be for someone who is still alive, but nearing the end and leaving behind two young daughters and a loving husband.  (her name is Kristin if anyone would like to add her to their prayers) Thanking you in advance, Linda

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Jan 12, 2011 04:03PM mradf wrote:

I often offer the Breton Fisherman's Prayer ~

Dear God, be good to me;
The sea is so wide,
And my boat is so small.

Also, from St. Paul's words ~

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

My sister, too, made the same choices as Kristen and found peace this past June 19th.  I will ask her to welcome Kristin when the time comes. 

Linda, you are a good friend to Kristen to ask for prayers for her.  Peace to both of you and her husband and daughters. 

Be well,

Maria

ALL WILL BE WELL. - Julian of Norwich Dx 11/19/2007, DCIS, 4cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER+/PR+

Jan 12, 2011 04:19PM JO-5 wrote:

It sounds like your friend  already may be at peace with her decision. God gives believers dying grace.

I have found that a smile, a gentle touch, and let them talk, helps as much as anything, and I pray for your peace and for her family.

God bless!

JO

IDC 04 Stage 1 Grd 3 no nodes Lumpectomy rads plus boosts ER+PR+HER- AI 5 yr 2014 secondary angiosarcoma from rads lumpectomy recurrence 1 yr Mastectomy with lat flap 1/2 flap went necrotic skin graft to center of chest.

Jan 22, 2011 02:18PM lindaa wrote:

Kristen's an angel now.  Rest in Jesus' loving arms. Thank you for everything - and being there.

Jan 22, 2011 05:34PM MissBianca wrote:

May God give you and Kristin's family and friends comfort and peace now in your time of grief.

Hope is the dream of a soul awake.

Jan 22, 2011 06:17PM faithandfifty wrote:

She is whole. She flys free and easily.

Now the healing and griefwork to support her family -- remaining behind, here, tethered to this planet and missing her.

I think your real 'work' on behalf of dear Kristin is just beginning. She will be so grateful for your continued expressions of care and concern given to her family.

xx00xx00xx00xx

Keep up with my travels at: www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com

Jan 22, 2011 07:58PM Faith316 wrote:

Linda, what a wonderful friend you were to Kristin.  Everyone should be so lucky to have as wonderful of a friend as you.  I'm sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

DX 4/08 IDC, ER-, PR-, HER2+, IIB, Grade 3,lumpectomy,2/8 nodes,4 AC,12 wks.Taxol,Herceptin,30 rads. DX IBC 6/09 while still in treatment. Now Stage III. 6 mo. of Xeloda done, still on Tykerb. Uni-mx & another node dissection 2/4/10.

Jan 23, 2011 07:14PM loving_mother wrote:

I am sorry for your loss, but I am sure that Kristin is an angel now watching from above

Diagnosis: IDC, 2.5cm, Stage IIa, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)