Join Us

We are 221,759 members in 83 forums discussing 162,138 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Love this suggestion by our pastor

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Feb 8, 2011 04:12AM

ByFaith wrote:

After suffering with a very deep depression (depression exacerbated by start of Femara), our dear pastor has stopped by our home a few times to visit with me.  At the first visit, I told him the deep depression had left me with an odd feeling of being "afraid to be alone."  I've always been great at being alone; this was an odd feeling to describe.

He told me to imagine Jesus sitting on the chair next to me or being there with me.  Now I do that all the time after I pray and ask God to help me with this.  My dogs are here and help, but the reminder that Jesus is literally by my side has helped me, too.  Not that everything's perfect.  I still get depressed, but I pray a lot and it helps to know He is there. 

Dx 4/2010, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2010 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 7/12/2010 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2010 Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Feb 8, 2011 11:13PM Susie123 wrote:

He will never leave us..His strength is perfect when ours is not.

Dx 12/22/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 11, 2011 12:09AM soccermomofthree wrote:

The beauty in this is that Jesus really is with you. It's not just imagination. :)

Feb 16, 2011 05:32AM Joanne58 wrote:

Your pastor was truly inspired to tell you this, Dawn.  It was the perfect answer and I'm so glad it's given you the comfort you need right now.  I can't imagine going through the trial of cancer without the knowledge that our Savior is with us whenever we need Him. 

Hope you're having better, brighter days, Dawn.

~Joanne

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 9/16/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC Targeted Therapy 1/21/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 4/27/2011 Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Feb 19, 2011 02:11PM faithandfifty wrote:

Dawn, just wanted to chime in with a second idea.

I have gone thru times (right after diagnosis, right after surgery, right before new scans etc etc) where I had the worst time sleeping...... couldn't fall asleep, couldn't stay asleep and more etc.

Anyhow, now I can't quite remember how or where I came up with this idea. I think I may have read something in a book, or on a thread here even..... but then I tailored the idea a little further.

For sleeping more soundly.

As I began to fall asleep I thought of four 'angels' to watch over me, to take up residence on the four corners of my bed.

Each night as I'd begin to get settled in bed, I'd typically choose 3 of the same angels: both of my grandmothers and my mother-in-law -- all three in heaven already and with a deep sense of love for my situation and concern for me personally.

Then every night I'd come up with a fourth 'angel-guest' to fill the fourth corner bedpost.

Sometimes it would be a woman from history, Helen Keller for example.

I would imagine that all four were visiting, watching over me, keeping track of my dreams, offering me solace, caring about me. I'd 'talk' with them about the days demands and concerns & imagine what they'd like me to know.

In any case, I am a year post BILAT and have returned to fairly decent sleep health.

I had 'forgotten' that I had used this sleep remedy, until I saw your post.

Perhaps it could benefit someone else here.

xx00xx00xx00xx

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

Keep up with my travels at: www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com

Feb 19, 2011 02:32PM awb wrote:

faith--what an absolutely beautiful idea! (i'm going to try it and also share the idea with others, thank you so much)

Anne

"I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future" Dx 9/5/2003, LCIS, Stage 0, 0/0 nodes Surgery 9/16/2003 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/30/2003 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 4/5/2005 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 2/28/2009 Evista (raloxifene)

Feb 19, 2011 05:18PM VickiSam wrote:

Without 'Faith', there is no hope for our future.   Depression is real.  It is up to each of up to reach up -- and ask for help.  Therapy and / or medication may also be needed.  We are all individuals - with unique genes.  

Vicki Sam

Dx 8/14/2009, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Apr 6, 2011 11:04PM Cathy2 wrote:

Faith I love this idea and I am going to try it tonight. Thank you for posting this.

Diagnosis 3/17/11, IDC stage IV, mets, ER+/ PR- HER -

Nov 15, 2012 11:25AM marie1220 wrote:

Is there a Blessed Sacrament chapel in your church?  Spending time there would also be good.  Then you would not have to imagine Jesus being present; He would actually be right there with you.

Being on a long term prescription is daunting, isn't it?  Do you consider it to be one of those extraordinary measures of life support?  Were you told to exercise, even in a small way?  I was.  I try to go out for a daily walk, or two.

Our Lady of Good Health, pray for us.

Nov 28, 2012 02:15AM msphil wrote:

hello all, when I went in for surgery to imlant the pacemaker/defibrillator I have,in 2009, as my husband let go of my hand for that was as far as he could go, I felt so all alone, I lay there almost in tears, I prayed for Jesus to be in there with me, and HE was ans they prepared me the nurse could sense the anxiety and started talkin to me asking where I went to scholl as I named my high school(St Maria Gorett High she said I went there also, I thought look at God not only was HE there but a fellow Alumni, thank You I said, to HIM. Be Blessed to YOU ALL> msphil(idc, stage 2, 3 nodes, L mast(reconstruction body rejected it), chemo and rads and 5yrs on Tamoxifen) and all while preparing for my wedding.

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)