Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Prayers for 15 year old Jalen...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Apr 3, 2011 12:10AM

thePuppetLady wrote:

Jalen is a private student of mine, and we've spent quite a few hours in my studio, building puppets together.  He's been fighting brain cancer for 2 years and I've just learned he's under hospice care now :(

Jalen has touched me and inspired me with his courage and grace in fighting his battle with cancer.  He lost a younger sister some years back to brain cancer as well :(

This is devastating news---he's so young and was so full of promise.  Please add him to your prayer list if you would.  Thank you...ellen

Dx 9/20/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 4/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)

Posts 1 - 7 (7 total)

Apr 3, 2011 12:21AM Nordy wrote:

Oh, Ellen, my heart breaks whenever I hear a story like this. I am very sorry for what Jalen is going through and will definitely send some prayers up.

Do or do not. There is no try. (Yoda!) 2 large positive nodes before neoadjuvant chemo - all nodes negative after chemo Dx 4/21/2005, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 0/12 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 3, 2011 12:51AM BlueCowgirl wrote:

My prayers are with Jalen and all who love him. Nothing in the world is more sad to me than children with cancer. Hugs to you all. 

Lettuce weight and sea. Dx 2/16/2011, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 3/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 3, 2011 01:14AM alamik wrote:

thePuppetLady~~ Many prayers being sent up for Jalen, for those who love him and for you as well. He has touched your life in a very profound way. It's so heartbreaking to hear of this thief of a disease stealing another life. He's still a little boy but already developing into a wonderful young man with the attributes of grace and courage which you spoke of. It's so tragic that he has already had to learn what death means and had to endure the loss of his sister. I'm sure his strength, courage, and grace have touched more people than most will touch in 5 times that long! What a gift to you that you had the  opportunity to share some life and memories together. I'm sure that you will always hold him in a special and honored place in your heart.

Dx Stage IV 8-12-12, but geez folks!, stop treating me like "cancer girl"! Dx 12/2/2010, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIC, Grade 3, 2/15 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 3, 2011 04:36AM Angelice wrote:

How sad he will be in my prayers

Dx 6/13/2010, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/18 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 3, 2011 04:47AM faithandfifty wrote:

Adding prayers.

For his family -- who have already faced the unthinkable & now will walk that road again. What sorrow for them. I can't imagine. May they be given grace and peace that the sibblings will be reunited, whole and transformed into wonder.

There are powerful lessons in working with children who have such a heavy load. Please expound on those that Jalen has taught you, Puppetlady, that we might all carry his legacy futher.

xx00xx00xx00xx

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

Strength and courage.

Keep up with my travels at: www.rainbowswithinreach.blogspot.com

Apr 4, 2011 06:15AM Babsbling wrote:

Jalen and his family are in my prayers. 

Babsbling

Apr 13, 2011 08:44AM thePuppetLady wrote:

Thank you all for your prayers.  Jalen is now pain-free and with his sister in God's loving embrace.

Dx 9/20/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 4/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (7 results)