Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Please send some prayers to my sister

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2011 06:22AM

slinky wrote:

This has been an extremely tough year for my family (especially my mom and dad). I was diagnosed with BC in January and underwent a bilateral mastectomy. I am still in the reconstruction stages and will undergo a hysterectomy at the time of my exchange.

I just found out that my little sister was diagnosed with lymphoma today. My mom, dad and her are beside themselves. My sister is only 30 and was to start a new job next week. She had moved to another state last year and was finally making her dreams come true. Now she will have to move back to be closer to the family and she does not know if her new job will be able to transfer her to a location closer to us or if her new job will even wait for her to finish chemo (which she needs to start immediately).

Please pray for her and pray for strength for my mom and dad.....

Thank you

Page 1 of 1 (25 results)

Posts 1 - 25 (25 total)

Apr 12, 2011 06:29AM pejkug3 wrote:

Prayers being said your your family's behalf.  I cannot imagine how difficult it all must be.

Dx 1/13/2011, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ Surgery 1/27/2011 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel, Underarm/Axillary Targeted Therapy 2/24/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 2/24/2011 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 6/28/2011 Hormonal Therapy 9/1/2011

Apr 12, 2011 09:55AM Kay_G wrote:

Prayers for your family.  God Bless.

Well that is a pie crust promise, easily made, easily broken. Mary Poppins

Apr 13, 2011 09:09PM slinky wrote:

Thank you for the prayers and bump.  My sister is going in for a CT scan to see if the cancer spread anywhere else.  Her partner has traveled cross country to be by her side during this unknown and devastating time.  I guess I was depressed yesterday because I could not get out of bed.  I forced myself to get up and do things today.  The only advice I could give her is to remain positive and don't go into the dark places in your head.  I hope the cancer did not spread.

Apr 14, 2011 01:57AM Kay_G wrote:

Sending more prayers for good news for your sister. 

Apr 16, 2011 02:52AM slinky wrote:

So my sister got her some of her results back - she has Hodgkins lymphoma.  I was told this is the best cancer to get since it has a curable rate of 90%.  I am still praying that it is in the early stages and she will not have a hard time with chemo. 

Nancy, I have been working out to alleviate my stress - it really helps. 

I feel that all the prayers I have asked for are being heard - my cancer was caught early and my sister has the "good" cancer.  In a twisted way, we are blessed!

Apr 16, 2011 07:30AM hopeful34 wrote:

I will pray for your family.  So sorry you and your family are having to endure so much. 

Allison Dx 4/9/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/20/2010 Mastectomy; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Dx 6/22/2015, Left, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Faslodex (fulvestrant), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Chemotherapy TAC Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Apr 16, 2011 08:24AM Sandy82 wrote:

Hugs and prayers for you and your family. Stay strong!

Apr 16, 2011 10:42AM - edited Apr 16, 2011 10:43AM by tricianneAust

Prayer has certainly helped me get through my cancer. This verse of scripture was and is a real encouragement.Matt 6:34 message "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now and don't get worked up about what might or might not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with the hard things when the time comes up". Throughout my diagnosis and reatment so far this verse has stopped me going into the "dark places" and worrying about the worst. Quite frequently the worst has not happened. We never envisage it will be the "best" cancer we always imagine the worst. So my prayer for you and your family is that you keep trusting in the God who gives us this wise advice, He knows our worrying nature. Lots of prayers & blessings for you all.Its a wonderful idea to do this via the website.

TricianneAust Dx: 10/20/2010 , DCIS Pure Mucinous Cancer , 2cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+75% /PR+ 75%, HER2-. Lumpectomy,Tamoxifen,25 x radiation, Vit D deficiency being treated. Dec 20 Mgram 10 yrs ok.

Apr 16, 2011 08:13PM NJDevChick wrote:

Lots of prayers to your family.  I cannot imagine how tough....May god give you and your family strength in this time of struggle.

Apr 17, 2011 09:03PM - edited Apr 17, 2011 09:08PM by Maripili

I am so sorry to hear of your pain.  I will say the prayer of St. Peregrine, healer of cancer for her and for you. 

http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/novena/peregrine.htm

Maripili Dx 3/18/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 17, 2011 09:08PM mollynminnie wrote:

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.... 

Hugs....

Dx 7/15/2006, IDC, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 3/14 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 17, 2011 09:15PM Mimidi wrote:

My prayers are with you and your family.  I don't know how one makes it without faith in God.

Dx 11/11/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 4/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 11/16/2010 Lymph node removal: Left; Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Free TRAM flap Chemotherapy 1/12/2011 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel), Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 7/5/2011 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 7/31/2011 Femara (letrozole)

Apr 19, 2011 04:17AM slinky wrote:

Please keep the prayers coming.  My sisters cancer has spread to her chest and spleen - this is not good and we are very, very sad. 

Apr 19, 2011 04:34AM squidwitch42 wrote:

Slinky,

I am so so sorry to hear that, and am going to keep absolute faith that they are going to blast it out. It is going to be rough for sure, but she is young, and she has the love of her family and her partner. If you would like for us to pray for her on Friday night, in our Catholic thread we address special intentions...and then pray in the collective at 10:00 PM Eastern standard time (you are most welcome, or if you want to have us pray for her...will gladly do so.) The thread was started by Estepp, and starts with a background about St. Peregrine.

traci

Traci

Dx 10/2/2009, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/7 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 19, 2011 04:41AM Kay_G wrote:

Very sorry to hear that.  Sending more prayers.  May God bless your sister and cure her.  Sending love and hugs as well. 

Apr 20, 2011 02:23AM slinky wrote:

Squidwitch42, yes, please pray for her on Friday night.  I will try to go to the Catholic thread at 10 EST.

My sister is not coping well at all.  She is trying to find a physician to go to so she can get some anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication.  We will find out next week if the cancer has spread to her bone marrow and bones.  My extended family is devastated, too.  It is really hard when two sisters are diagnosed within three months of each other - one more serious than the other.  

Thanks for all the prayers - please keep them coming as we will need them. 

Apr 25, 2011 11:41PM slinky wrote:

Thanks to everyone for praying for my sister - I truly believe in the power of prayers.

My sister was told today that her cancer is stage II and she will only need two months of chemo.  She will also need one month of radiation, but we are all elated that what we thought would be stage IV, turned out to be stage II.  Thanks be to God!

Apr 26, 2011 12:01AM tlundy wrote:

I will be praying for you and your family.  My sister was diagnosed with advanced Hodgins Lymphoma sixteen years ago (she was 24 at the time).  Her onc believed in aggressive chemo and radiation treatment and she is going strong today with no recurrence!  She has a great personality and is very outgoing and open to talking about her experience.  If your sister would like to talk to a long term survivor she would be a great one. And, as we know, it's very comforting to talk to someone who has "walked the mile in your moccasins."  PM me if you would like and I will be glad to give you her contact info.

Hugs to you and yours!

"The greatest healing therapy is friendship and love." Hubert Humphrey Dx 9/27/2010, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 5/22 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 26, 2011 12:44AM Kodapants wrote:

I pray for you, your sister and family.  God bless!!

kodapants Dx 4/2008, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 2/26/2013, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 3, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 26, 2011 02:37AM Kay_G wrote:

Slinky,  So happy to hear about the stage for your sister.  Such wonderful news!  I think the prayers here worked!  Keeping your family in my prayers.  God Bless.

Apr 26, 2011 03:02AM edwards750 wrote:

slinky - so sorry to hear about yours and your sister's illness. I have a friend who had the same kind of lymphoma and he is doing just fine...by the way it was over 15 years ago! He had aggressive chemo and gained weight but the most important thing was he is alive and doing well and so will your sister. She is so young to have such a diagnosis...We are all sending prayers your way....keep us posted on how both of you are doing.....diane

May 2, 2011 03:51AM slinky wrote:

My sister is having her first chemo treatment tomorrow.  I am nervous for her and hope she doesn't have a really rough time with the treatments.  She already bought a hat to cover her head if/when she gets bald and she is very nervous about gaining weight (she is on the fuller figured side).  I keep telling her it is only temporary.

I will be praying for her.

May 3, 2011 03:10AM slinky wrote:

Nancy91355, Thank you for the continued prayers.  My sister was so nervous she had to take a xanax to calm down.  She said it wasn't too bad, but she now realizes that it will get alot tougher with each treatment.  She said once her hair starts to fall out, she will really know this is happening.  Her partner has been a dream - sticking by her and calming her down.  I thank God my sister found someone who truly loves her through sickness and health.

May 7, 2011 01:59PM slinky wrote:

So my sister went through her first chemo treatment and is now feeling the side effects.  I felt very honored when she asked if I would take her to the next treatment - of course I will.

Not even a bad non-fiction author could write a book like this one - but I just found out that my brothers son who is 18 years old might have Hodgkins Lymphoma.  It seems as though my family is cursed! He is undergoing more tests, but the first doctor suspects Lymphoma.

This would be the third cancer diagnosis in one immediate family within 4 months of each other - unbelievable! My mom is feeling so guilty because she has wished some bad thoughts on other people and she feels that karma turned around on her and is striking down her family.  Talk about a humbling experience.

I am going to church later and I will be praying for my young nephew, my sister and myself.  We will gain strength from each other.  Please say a prayer for my family, as no family should ever have to undergo not one, not two, but three cancer diagnosis.

Thank you.

May 10, 2011 10:14PM slinky wrote:

It has been confirmed that my 18 year old nephew has Hodgkins Lymphoma.  The tumor is near his heart.

I have no words to express the deep sadness I feel for my family.  This is totally unbelievable - I know God works in mysterious ways, but does he have to do it three times to three people in the same family in 4 months?  I am overwhelmed with grief right now.

Page 1 of 1 (25 results)