Join Us

We are 222,244 members in 83 forums discussing 162,404 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Big C

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Apr 13, 2011 02:07AM

ebann wrote:

I read in a book Praying Through Cancer: Set Your Heart Free from Fear: A 90-Day Devotional for Women Very inspiring.

The "Big C" and the "Little c" Devotion 7

It is in the name of Jesus which, through faith in him, has brought back the strenght of this one whom you see here that has restored this one to health Acts 3:16

Shortly after I was dx with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, I received an email from my namesake niece Susanne. She was a medical student at the time and is now a surgeon. He message was simply, "Aunt sue, I want the "Big C" (Christ that is) to conquer the "little c" (cancer) Instantly I responded with "Sunsanne, where did you find that? It's awesome. " She replied, "I don't know it just came to me." I wrote back, "Susanne, I will nevr refer to the cacner as the Big C again"

My niece's words caused an instant change of perspective for me. Since then I have shared my "Big C" and "little c" storied with hundreds of others who have been equally touched. Them seem eager to pass on the message or ponder if further themselves.

My niece's words serve as a lasting reminder of ehre the fullest healing power lies in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer:

Christ Jesus, my Lord, thank you for the gift of my life. Help me deepen in my desire to live with You as I cope with this cancer dx and its many realities. I want to lean on You will all I am.

Lord, You invite me to ask for what I desire. I want to live well and learn all I can on this present path evn though it's scary. It's hard to deal with so many unknowns and face times when I a m not in control. But it's comforting to know that You want to walk with me one breath, one blink, one swallow, and one heartbeat at a time.

Help me focus on You as my "Big C" ready to crush and triumph over the "little c"  that I am comping w ith now. Above all, I deeply desire that You are praised in this experience. If I can be assured of this, all that is happening is worthwhile for my growth and for Your glory. (Sister Sue Tracy - Hospital oncology chaplain)

Today's Tip: Look for a chance to hare both your "Big C" and "little c" stories.

After reading this I feel the same way I will never look at the Big C the same ever again!

Elizabeth (EB Ann) Dx 4/10/2008, IBC, 6cm+, Stage IV, Grade 3, 3/16 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Apr 15, 2011 09:28AM Hood1980 wrote:

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story!  I will never call cancer the "Big C" again!

Dx 4/15/2008, ILC, Right, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)