We are 201,330 members in 81 forums discussing 146,899 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration → Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Topic: Any LDS women with BC?

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2012 01:10PM

M0m2Three wrote:

Hi!   I'm a mother of 3 who is LDS.   I draw great inspiration from my sisters of faith, be they Christian, Muslim, and Jewish.    It is great to work together and let our maker work miracles in our lives.   I feel so blessed and inspired from the stories of faith walking in God's light.

May God continue to bless and heal us, watch over and protect our loved ones, and help us be a beacon of hope.

:)  Janet

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Dx 9/2/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-

Page 20 of 20 (597 results)

Posts 571 - 597 (597 total)

Oct 5, 2017 01:44AM SusieM49 wrote:

MammaRay, as we discussed earlier, it is indeed a sad time for our country. Sad to think that some are becoming numb to such awful news. I'm sure your dear son will grow to understand the severity of such tragedy, and will continue to pray for those suffering. What a sweet boy.

I've been blessed to travel around and visit several ladies here, from Ohio. I will also be traveling to Indiana shortly. There is a strong bond among the women here. I'm glad for my testimony of the gospel when I see others who are struggling with disbelief.

Dx 1/10/2016, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/17/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Oct 10, 2017 11:28PM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

Thank you Susie. Yes he is a sweetie. Travel safely!

Dx 5/31/2012, IDC, Left, Stage IIB Dx 3/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Dx 4/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/lungs Dx ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 22, 2017 11:49AM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

I have dreams of this thread being super active again. Not that I want more people to NEED to find the thread. You know what I mean ;).

Dx 5/31/2012, IDC, Left, Stage IIB Dx 3/2015, Stage IV, metastasized to bone Dx 4/2016, Stage IV, metastasized to brain/lungs Dx ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 24, 2017 03:11AM Joanne58 wrote:

Love that dream of yours, Ray! We've had some great exchanges on this thread, and hope to have more. Keep posting! :)

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 9/16/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC Targeted Therapy 1/21/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 4/27/2011

Nov 15, 2017 08:19AM SusieM49 wrote:

Good morning everyone. Happy belated birthday MammaRay. I hope it was wonderful for you! I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week. My goodness that snuck up fast. Then Christmas only four weeks behind that. Anyone have big holiday plans?

Enjoy the second half of the week Sisters.

Susie

Dx 1/10/2016, IBC, Right, Stage IIIB, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 10/17/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Nov 16, 2017 11:46PM Joanne58 wrote:

That's right--I should've posted about MammaRay's birthday on Nov. 8th! I think she felt well loved and appreciated by lots of friends and her family, of course Heart I'm soooo glad it's Friday, soon! Something about Fridays just makes me want to do a happy dance and pretend that Mondays are eons away--ha! Take care, everyone, and know that I'm thankful for all of you!

Love,

Joanne

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 9/16/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC Targeted Therapy 1/21/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 4/27/2011

Nov 18, 2017 10:16AM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

Thank you both. It was a tiring but good day. Hope everyone is getting ready for Thanksgiving!

Nov 30, 2017 12:23AM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

Putting this on couple threads. Haven't been here in while. So mad. Can't stop being mad. Mad I'm mad. Confused feeling angry at everyone around. Was very mean husband in morning and nurse. Don't want this. Don't want feel or act like this or treat people this this. Don't know to change it. I hope your all ok. Lifes crazy.

Nov 30, 2017 11:33PM Joanne58 wrote:

Dearest Ray,

It's OK to feel mad and not understand what's making you mad at others. Your family and friends will always love you and do their best to help you through the rotten stuff going on. Sending my best hug your way and keeping you close in thought and prayer. Love you more!!!

Dec 8, 2017 08:55AM SusieM49 wrote:

Well said Joanne. I'm sorry for these challenges MammaRay. I hope you are staying warm.

It is bitter cold here and will be for a while. No significant snow where I am, just temperatures in the 20's that feel like single digits. Ward Christmas party is this Saturday. I feel like they always go a bit overboard, but it will be enjoyable.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Susie

Dec 26, 2017 09:58AM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

Hello ladies. I've posted on a couple threads, with the help of my DH. Here I am back at home base. This is where it started. This is where I first came terrified at 29 years old, and I was brought in and surrounded by love and support. I'm grateful for everyone posting here now, but this thread was hopping five years ago. Remember Joanne? The specific group I remember was Joanne, raro, firstcall, TallM, and susan3. Of course there were others who popped in, but the six of us had some good times on here. Susie thank you for coming on and showing me so much concern and support. I'm praying everyone had a wonderful holiday. Make your New Year's special without the unrealistic resolutions. Hold your loved ones close to you. They make everything worth it. Take care of yourselves ladies.

With love, MammaRay

Dec 26, 2017 06:12PM Joanne58 wrote:

Awww...MammaRay, what a sweet and wonderful post :) So good to hear from you today and read how much you enjoy this little band of ladies on BCO. We all love you and thank you for making this LDS forum continue on. Blessings of seeing smiles and thinking happy thoughts todayHeart

Jan 6, 2018 01:58PM SusieM49 wrote:

MammaRay I don't know that you'll see this. I responded on the other thread. I have read back at some of the early pages here and I see what you mean. What a fun group. What a blessing that you all had each other during that time. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

So saddened by the news of our sweet prophet, though I know he is rejoicing again with his wife. The gospel will continue to flourish with the loving guidance of our new leader. Grateful for this knowledge.

Jan 8, 2018 07:29PM - edited Jan 9, 2018 03:50AM by Joanne58

Letting all of you know that our sweet MammaRay passed away this morning. Oh, how I will miss her! She's free of her mortal pain and with loved ones beyond the veil, but I feel her presence and know that she'll be watching over her family and friends. Here are some pics from her most recent visit to my home in California in May. She was in a lot of pain, but seemed to enjoy herself, especially at the beach and at See's Candy :) I'm including a pic of her first visit, several years ago, with her son. He's such a wonderful little boy! I'm glad Rachel's parents and many siblings live close and will provide support for her DH and DS. Love to all!

Jan 8, 2018 08:09PM - edited Jan 8, 2018 08:17PM by SusieM49

This news saddens me, but I've been waiting for it. Glad she enjoyed her visit out there and that you two had that time.

Prayers for her family. I'm glad she allowed me to get to know her a bit.

Jan 8, 2018 09:22PM Zillsnot4me wrote:

I saw where you posted and deleted in Stiv about Mamaray. I think it's fine that you post there. Thank you for letting us know. She was a very strong mama. Hope her family finds peace that she now has.

Liver 1/ 2016, Xgeva 9/2015, Bones 4/2015, Lungs 4/2013 Dx 4/2013, 4cm, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 4/29/2013 Lymph node removal: Right; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 5/23/2013 AC Hormonal Therapy 10/2/2013 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy 11/6/2013 Breast, Lymph nodes Surgery 9/25/2015 Prophylactic ovary removal Hormonal Therapy 1/7/2016 Femara (letrozole) Targeted Therapy 1/7/2016 Ibrance (palbociclib) Hormonal Therapy 2/4/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/24/2017 Faslodex (fulvestrant) Chemotherapy 11/16/2017 Xeloda (capecitabine)

Jan 8, 2018 10:18PM - edited Jan 8, 2018 10:39PM by Joanne58

Thanks, Zills. I felt awkward, posting in the stage IV forum with no responses, so deleted it and I'm putting this in the Insomnia and Prayers for MammaRay threads. Your prayers were felt and appreciated by Rachel :)

Susie--I know Rachel enjoyed you dropping by her home. Thanks for taking the time to see her when she couldn't get around much anymore. I wish I could've visited her there, too. Someday I'll get to Ohio and visit the Kirtland Temple where she wanted to take me.

Take good care of your family and friends, everyone, and know that life continues on, forever, and allows us to reunite with loved ones like Ray :)

Jan 9, 2018 03:51AM Joanne58 wrote:

The mods were alerted by a member re the pics I posted of MammaRay so I decided to remove them. So sorry. I know she posted pics of her son, but it's been quite a while since she posted any pics of herself. Anyway, I don't want to upset anyone on the boards--rather keep the notice of her passing as kind and reverent as possible.

Blessings of peace and comfort to all who knew and loved our Ray.

Jan 10, 2018 12:57PM Joanne58 wrote:

Good morning, dear Sisters....Today is Rachel's graveside service in Ohio. My heart is heavy, but I've found comfort in rereading a poem Rachel wrote and sent me as a bookmark several years ago. I keep it in my scriptures and cherish it. I believe the message in the poem is how she felt about all of us in her life as she traveled through trials, but appreciating the outstretched hands of friends. I hope this brings you some comfort today. Love to all!

"Road Trip"

Within each journey lies unique terrain,

Paths of joy or mountains of pain.

Though sun ascends to shepherd through our way,

Darkness finds us at the end of the day.

Faith may waiver; succomb by weight of fear,

Doubts preventing roads from being clear.

Atop the mountain is a broader scope,

Giving views of peacfulness and vistas of hope.

Courage is found when with an alied soul

Companioning the trip with their role.

When feelings of discouragement persist,

And confidence easy to resist--

We find the strength within an outstretched hand,

An Oasis in a lonely land.

Jan 10, 2018 02:53PM - edited Jan 11, 2018 08:43AM by SusieM49

Thank you for sharing that beautiful poem. My heart is with her family today. Grateful MammaRay was able to know and understand the gospel and have the knowledge of eternal family.

Jan 14, 2018 10:06AM MammaRaysHusband wrote:

This is MammaRay's husband,

Joanne let me know about the kind comments made here. Thank you Joanne for informing everyone. I appreciate all of the friendship and support Ray received here over the past five years. Unfortunately I don't have much to say, besides that we are doing ok. I believe very strongly that Ray is still with us, watching over us. Everyone keep track of your keys, she always said she would move them on me. ☺️ She was indeed our Wonder Woman. I will check the responses here from time to time. Everyone take care.

Jan 15, 2018 12:25AM Joanne58 wrote:

Thanks so much for posting, Ray'sHusband! It means a lot to hear from you. As you've heard, so many were loved and inspired by your sweet wife. We sure miss her and continue to mourn with you. On a lighter note, thanks for giving us hope with thoughts of Ray watching over us. Please post any moving key sightings ;) Give your son a hug and kiss from all of us and know that you have our caring thoughts and prayers to bring you peace.

Jan 22, 2018 12:42AM Joanne58 wrote:

Hello to those who are still checking in on this thread. It seems to have hit a very somber pause as we think of and miss our MammaRay. I believe she was greeted by Raro and firstcall--our other members who enjoyed posting here and passed on before. I lost another friend the end of December--a college roommate--who was a red-haired version of Ray. Both are cherished friends and I'm hoping they've met by now, too. Rachel left me a voice message a month before she passed away, and she mentioned how it's never "finished"--our time together and plans for tomorrow's adventures. I know she's right. All of us are on a brief hold until we're together again, continuing our friendships and associating together.

I know your heart is heavy, just like mine, dear Susie. You're in my prayers. I'm hoping we can begin to gather here again as Rachel would want with news to share and encouraging words for each other. I'll start with saying that I'm grateful for the trials in my life that bring me to my knees, drawing closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. His influence and answers to pleading prayers strengthens me and helps me step outside my troubles and reach out to others in need. I believe the common conception that service does more for the giver than the receiver. Rachel was a pro at this--serving others. We all want to be like you, dear MammaRay, and we'll do our best to make you proud of us! Hug
Love to all! --Joanne

Jan 22, 2018 06:05PM SusieM49 wrote:

Thank you Joanne. All of that was beautifully put. I really didn't know Rachel very well. Even the brief time that we visited, I could tell she was uncomfortable having someone there just because of how she was feeling and looking physically. But yes, the tragedy of it all is weighing heavily on my heart. Glad to have the knowledge of the Gospel and the knowledge of reunited friendships. I love the idea that she is now united with friends from this thread and your personal friend as well. I'm very sorry to hear about the loss of your college friend. This has been a hard month for you. Thanks for mentioning service. This is something that I need to work on more, and perhaps keeping MammaRay in mind will help me do that.

Have a good week.

Jan 24, 2018 09:50PM Joanne58 wrote:

Susie--I imagine you as very compassionate and helpful so I think you've got the service for others thing covered ;)

Wondering how "kicks" is doing. Haven't seen her on the boards lately. I know she was working on a crocheted snowman to send to Rachel for her birthday. Hope she's OK. We miss you, kicks!

Feb 11, 2018 05:34PM SusieM49 wrote:

Cold yet peaceful Sabbath. Wishing a great week for all.

Feb 16, 2018 08:54PM - edited Feb 16, 2018 08:54PM by Joanne58

Hope all had a sweet and lovely Valentine's Day,l and that you're staying warm and cozy through this winter, Susie!

've been caring for my mom who broke her arm while visiting in Utah. She's 82 and very frail right now after her surgery. My dad is 87 and does his best to care for her, but he needs help. I spend the night and stay till early afternoon everyday, then drive home, 30 minutes, to teach piano, then go back again. It's been hard, especially not sleeping through the night since my mom needs assistance, but it's been a wonderful blessing to be with my mom and serve her as she has served me and so many others for so many years. Oh, how I love my parents! Cherish your family, my sisters, and love them with all your heart Heart

Page 20 of 20 (597 results)