Join Us

We are 221,759 members in 83 forums discussing 162,137 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Surviving Breast Cancer/Is Part Of My Journey

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Jul 17, 2012 09:03PM

msphil wrote:

Hello and Hugs to All, this is msphil, I just wanted to say to you ALL that I realized that part of my journey down to this earth was to experience breast cancer so that I could become a Survivor so as to passs on HOPE and Inspiration to those coming after me, to feel the Love and Compassion that We so very much need during this difficult time in our lives, the Holy Spirit led me to this site as I googled breast cancer support, and I was also led to write the book to show that Our lives will indeed change But with HOPE and Positive thinking we can make it thru. I want to make it clear that I now see why We must go through, So we can help others behind Us. The book I was led to write, is called , "The Healings Of Breast Cancer, A Physical and Spiritual Healing Of My Body And Soul. Each word of this was given to me, especially the title, because after the treatment  my soul was and is healed unlike before the diagnosis, I was searching for my PURPOSE, even ask my mother(Bless her) what she thought it was. I always felt (empty) till now.  God Bless Us All. ps book is on amazon.com and barnes and noble and from my publisher (Xlibris.com) I pray you have or will find your purpose in this and after your treatments as have I.  msphil(idc,stage 2,0/3 nodes, Lmast, chemo and rads and 5 yrs on Tamoxifen) and all while planning my wedding to the angel God had sent to be with me,my husband Dwight(God Bless him) 

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 18, 2012 02:59PM Mini1 wrote:

msphil - I too consider it part of my journey, although I must admit at times I feel like the statement Mother Theresa made - I know God won't give me more than I could handle, I just wish He didn't trust me so much. :-) But I am learning, as the old hymn goes, to lean on Jesus and finding more power than I ever knew... Innocent
"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 Surgery 4/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 24, 2012 08:58PM msphil wrote:

dear mini 1, we trust HIM cause He knows how much we can carry and were Chosen to lift others burden down here by giving them HOPE , my mon siad that my granddad her dad knew i would be different from my siblings as they too lean on me, and now that my dad is gone my mom also,my sisters have said that they knew they could not have gotten thru BUT I tell them if GOD chooses you He then Will give you the strenth I often say to God, " I,m glad you gave it to me instead of them, for I am much stronger and has always been, God bless.  msphil(idc,stage2 0/3 nodes, L mast, chemo and rads and 5 yrs on Tamoxifen)  God Bless Us All.

Jul 25, 2012 03:41PM Mini1 wrote:

msphil - I am the "strong one" in my family, too. :-) I've buried my parents and my brother; all too early. My mom used to insist my husband was in denial during his CA because he went straight to acceptance. :-) He just trusted and God came through. It's been almost 30 years now. I said once on here that I never asked why me. I just figured why not me. I mentioned that here once and got some flack for saying it, but I stand by it. I just believe that God will not allow more to come upon me than I an handle and He won't leave me. Ever. :-)

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11 Surgery 4/15/2012 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel Dx IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jul 26, 2012 03:25PM liefie wrote:

Mini1, I so agree with you. Like your husband, I went to acceptance almost from the beginning. My thinking was that I was not going to waste my precious energy on feeling sorry for myself and being the victim. Why not me? I'm not more special than anybody else, and other women get diagnosed all the time! My decision was to take charge, to do what it takes, to control the only thing I can (my attitude, of course), and to leave the rest up to God. It is not in our hands. What does not make sense to us, makes perfect sense to Him. That is good enough for me.

Msphil, congrats on the book. You are a true inspiration who give hope to us all! 

When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars. Dx 12/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/7/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/31/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2012 Surgery 5/16/2013 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)