Join Us

We are 221,759 members in 83 forums discussing 162,137 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: courage...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Sep 14, 2012 12:21AM

georgiebz wrote:

I would just like to say thank you to the person who wrote in their post " sometimes courage does not roar, sometimes courage it the small voice at night that says - tomorrow I will try again"

I read this a few days ago and can not refind it but on the day I read it I was feeling so very hopeless and alone and that phrase (i'm not sure if I have it correct but the esence is there) haas been in my head ever since and helps me........

thanks to who ever posted it Georgie 

georgie

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Sep 14, 2012 12:30AM Cherioo wrote:

Georgie , we are all here for you . You are not alone

Dx 7/28/2012, DCIS, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 7/14 nodes, ER+, HER2+ Surgery 8/2/2012 Mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 9/6/2012 AC + T (Taxol)

Sep 14, 2012 12:44AM Moderators wrote:

Georgie, I'm not sure if this is the only time that quote has appeared here on Breastcancer.org, but here's  post from May when the always-helpful member dlb823 quoted it to support another member:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/68/topic/786868?page=1#post_2998339

And Cherioo is so right - this community is always here with support.

• The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Sep 14, 2012 12:59AM dlb823 wrote:

Georgie ~ Thank you for this thread, and also for your sweet PM.  That quote was given to me by a now 12-year bc-survivor friend in Colorado when I was first dx (as I recall, her yoga instructor had given it to her when she was dx'd), and I honestly can't tell you how many times I read and re-read it (probably hundreds!) when I was first dx'd and then going through tx, usually just before going to bed.  And each time, no matter how sad or down I was, it gave me a lot of hope and strength. 

I'm so glad it's resonated with you, and I hope it continues to bless you.       Deanna 

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Sep 14, 2012 04:16AM debbie6122 wrote:

I love that Deanna, do you mind if I copy/paste that quote on to my FAce book? I will leave out the author of course. ((hugs))

Debbie

masectomy, chemo, node positive Dx 12/20/2009, IDC, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 14, 2012 10:51AM dlb823 wrote:

Of course you can use it, Debbie!  The author is actually Mary Anne Radmacher.  I always give her credit when I write the quote out, as I think we should.    Deanna

Deanna "The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears" Native American proverb Dx 2/1/2008, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 1/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 1/3/2014, Stage IV

Sep 15, 2012 03:58AM debbie6122 wrote:

Thank you Deanna I will give her credit, xox

masectomy, chemo, node positive Dx 12/20/2009, IDC, ER+/PR-, HER2-

Sep 18, 2012 12:49AM georgiebz wrote:

I thought I would post as I have been not so good lately. Finally after weeks of tears, trying to work and not coping, anxiety like waking up in the morning and being filled with dread, not eating, trying trying to be strong and just do it, pull myself together and not being able to and then hating myself for it, my best friend and husband made an appointment at a GP for me and after sitting in her room and crying for 30 minutes non stop and apologising for doing so and trying to explain how I felt and not being able to do so, and using a whole box of tissues and then crying because I couldn't find a bin to put them in........
God what a mess......the GP has put me on 10mg cipramil and set up a mental health care plan - I have made an appointment with the psychologist for tomorrow and for some strange reason I feel calmer today.....I kind of feel like someones got my back and I'm not going completely crazy, GP dx reactive depression.
Georgie
georgie

Sep 18, 2012 01:48AM dlb823 wrote:

(((Georgie))), what you're going through is well within the realm of "normal" after a bc dx & tx, and it sounds like your BF & DH did absolutely the right thing by encouraging you to seek help, and that your GP was very quick to see what's going on.  In the U.S. we commonly talk about the aftershock of bc dx & tx as Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) -- to one degree of another -- and I'm guessing "reactive depression" is a related dx.

It sounds like you're on the right track, and I'm so glad you're already feeling calmer.   Deanna 

Sep 18, 2012 02:11PM - edited Sep 18, 2012 02:12PM by Joanne58

Absolutely wonderful quote!  Thanks for sharing it, Georgie and Deanna, and giving my day a lift.  Best to you, Georgie, in trying again, everyday :)

"There is beauty all around when there's love at home." --John H. McNaughton Dx 9/7/2010, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Surgery 9/16/2010 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/28/2010 AC Targeted Therapy 1/21/2011 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Radiation Therapy 3/23/2011 Hormonal Therapy 4/27/2011 Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)