Join Us

We are 221,758 members in 83 forums discussing 162,136 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Music that heals...

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Support —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Sep 21, 2012 10:26AM

lanagraves wrote:

I posted this earlier on the Stage III board and someone suggested I post it her. I had forgotten about this forum. This is probably a more appropriate place for it.

I am a singer, not professionally, but my dad is a minister and I was singing on stage almost before I could walk. As a matter of fact, my dad used to preach holding me in his arms and I would "sing" along with the music even before I could talk. I sing for weddings, revivals, church events, fundraisers, youth rallies, etc. I'm terrible at speaking in public and have a very hard time finding the right words. But when I sing, and write songs, I can pour my feelings out through the music, and I'm more at home on stage than I am anywhere else. My sister brought me this song a few months ago and said, "you have to sing this" She was right. It is such a beautiful message. I know not everyone on here is of the Christian faith, but these lyrics are so powerful, and so comforting to me, I just had to share them. The song was written by Sheri Easter while she was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.

"Sometimes I feel no one's ever been in this place before

This is hard and I'm not sure that I can do this anymore

I know someday I'll look back and all this won't seem real

But Lord right now I need you to know just how I feel

When there are no words to say and no prayer that I can pray

Hear my heart

When I don't have strength to try and I've cried all I can cry

Hear my heart

Cause you know every fear and every doubt I cannot speak

You know all the ways I need you and all the ways I'm week

So I'll be quiet so you can hear my heart.

Every now and then I recall a simple phrase or melody

It comforts and it quiets; it lifts me up and then it carries me

Far above the pain and hurt I think will never end

The song speaks words I cannot and it calms the fears within

When there are no words to say and no prayer that I can pray

Hear my heart

When I don't have strength to try and I've cried all I can cry

Hear my heart

Cause you know every fear and every doubt I cannot speak

You know all the ways I need you and all the ways I'm week

So I'll be quiet so you can hear my heart."

It appears my battle is not over...but I never was afraid of a fight... Dx 2/9/2012, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, 4/12 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/12/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right Chemotherapy 3/14/2012 AC + T (Taxol) Radiation Therapy 7/14/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 9/26/2012 Dx 9/28/2012, IDC, Stage IV, Grade 2, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Sep 21, 2012 11:26AM liefie wrote:

That is inspiring, Lanagraves! I'm going to write these words down somewhere . . .

When life knocks you down, roll over, and look at the stars. Dx 12/19/2011, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 1/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/7/2012 Lymph node removal: Left, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/7/2012 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 5/31/2012 Breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 8/1/2012 Surgery 5/16/2013 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)