We are 218,616 members in 81 forums discussing 154,833 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Bible Study for cancer patients

Forum: Prayers and Spiritual Inspiration —

A safe place to find comfort in and share words of prayer, healing, and encouragement.

Posted on: Feb 8, 2019 03:36PM

Prissy wrote:

Does anyone know of a Bible study specifically for those of us fighting cancer? A dear friend of mine is battling lung cancer and we are both looking for a study

Dx 9/25/2017, DCIS/ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/27/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Feb 9, 2019 01:33AM JO-5 wrote:

I do not know of any sound Bible Studies specifically for cancer patients but the Bible says:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV) 16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

You might try The Daily Bread site. They have an on line one. Another good daily study is In Touch by Charles Stanley.

Any good scripturally sound study will be good. You will be surprised how many times when you read the one for whatever day you are on .... how it applies to what is going on right then.

God be with you.

Joanne

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Feb 9, 2019 11:45PM ceanna wrote:

I know there is a Bible study/DVD series based on a book I read by Laura Story (the singer) called "When God Doesn't Fix It." Her husband had a brain tumor. Thomas Nelson Publishing. She also sings one of my favorite songs "Blessings." Here's some links and reviews from Amazon and YouTube:

Full kit

https://www.amazon.com/Laura-Story-Doesnt-Study-Guide/dp/B01N43TL79/ref=sr_1_5?crid=3GW0HALXK9YPH&keywords=when+god+doesn%27t+fix+it+by+laura+story&qid=1549750165&s=books&sprefix=when+god+doesn%27t%2Caudible%2C187&sr=1-5

Sample video from study

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXSrGHWELo

Session 2 video (I think you can find several of the sessions on YouTube)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPEAThnKzZU

Book Only

https://www.amazon.com/When-God-Doesnt-Fix-Lessons/dp/0718036972/ref=sr_1_1?crid=3GW0HALXK9YPH&keywords=when+god+doesn%27t+fix+it+by+laura+story&qid=1549750378&s=books&sprefix=when+god+doesn%27t%2Caudible%2C187&sr=1-1

Blessings - Song/video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xRNrnh__SE

Blessings to you and your friend. Ceanna

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Feb 10, 2019 09:38PM gb2115 wrote:

I love that song, Blessings. I hadn't realized she wrote a book, will see if I can find it.

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Feb 11, 2019 01:20AM ceanna wrote:

gb, there's also a brief video where Laura Story tells the reasons behind her song "Blessings" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjB2skJi2co

Enjoy!

Dx 2014, IDC, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Radiation Therapy Multi-catheter Surgery Lumpectomy: Right

Feb 11, 2019 12:25PM gb2115 wrote:

Thanks!!!!

Dx IDC in October 2016, stage 2A, 1.2 cm ER/PR+ Her2-, Grade 2, 1/3 nodes. Mammaprint low risk luminal A, Lumpectomy + radiation + tamoxifen. Age 38 at diagnosis.

Feb 11, 2019 03:26PM therapygirl18 wrote:

Prissy,

I'm not aware of any bible studies specifically for those fighting cancer.  Currently, I am in bible study class - Kay Arthur's precepts study on Hebrews 11-13. The study came at the right time in my faith walk.  I was diagnosed a year ago and God showed me some things about myself that needed a major overhaul.  My cancer was successfully addressed.  But more importantly, my faith in God became more deeply rooted.  I've learned (and still learning each day) to fix my eyes on Jesus not on my circumstances (yes, easier said than done!).

Also, My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers is a daily devotional book that I read everyday.

If you haven't found a bible study, I will pray that you will find one that is works for you and your friend.

God bless.

Feb 11, 2019 03:32PM JO-5 wrote:

Kay Arthur and My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers .....very good and two of my favorites.

Max Lucado's new book "You Can Get Through This." is what I'm reading right now. It is very good.

Joanne

Org dx 04 lumpectomy rads arimidex stage 1 grade 3 no nodes er+pr+her- 2014 rads induced angiosarcoma, wide excision 2015 angio recurrence, rt mast. Lat flap, 1/3 flap went necrotic, skin graft leg to chest Seeing dr every 3 to 6 months.

Feb 12, 2019 02:26AM Prissy wrote:

Thanks you all for your kind responses.

Ceanna - I love Laura Story! I am very familiar with her music (I have heard her live at my church as well and she is awesome!) and I knew that her husband had a brain tumor. But didn't know she had written a book, or that she has a Bible study/DVD series. That is really good to know. Her song "Blessings" is also one of my favorites. A story about that - not long after my diagnosis my husband was driving to work and heard it on the radio and began to sing it because he knew it well. He soon had to pull over on the side of the road because he was crying so hard. There are certain songs, actually many songs, that have touched our souls as we have traveled this road. I am so grateful.

Therapygirl & JO-5 - I have My Utmost for HIs Highest and have used it before as a devotional. You are right it is very good. I did a couple of Kay Arthur's studies years ago. I will look into that possibility again. I also love Max Lucado but didn't know about his new book. Thanks for that info.

Blessings to each of you!

Dx 9/25/2017, DCIS/ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 12/11/2018 Lumpectomy: Left; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Radiation Therapy 1/27/2019 Whole-breast: Breast Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole)

Feb 12, 2019 05:41AM ceanna wrote:

Prissy, glad you enjoy Laura Story also!! How amazing you've heard her in person. I'm moved every time I listen to Blessings! While not a Bible study, there is another book I recently read that might interest you, "Loving Your Friend Through Cancer." https://www.amazon.com/Loving-Your-Friend-Through-Cancer/dp/1629953547/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8 Lots of practical information on being there for people with illness. See if your local library has a copy. Blessings!! Ceanna

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)