We are 154,650 members in 79 forums discussing 122,442 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: Breast Reconstruction → Topic: fake (stick on) nipples?

Topic: fake (stick on) nipples?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Mar 14, 2009 12:42PM

BustersMom wrote:

Are there such things available ?    Like - realistic rubber or silicone ones?  

(Sex and The City fans will remember the episode when Samantha had some.....lol, pretty funny episode when Miranda "tested" them out in the bar....  oooops, off on a tangent)

Has anyone seen such a thing?  Thanks for any info :) 

Posts 1 - 20 (20 total)

Mar 14, 2009 01:59PM Linda54 wrote:

Yes there are!!!!  This is your lucky day  HEHEHE   Do a search on the post and I am sure something will come up because I remember someone was ordering some but can't remember who..........I was thinking about getting some to see how they would look before having surgery....

I hate Cancer... Dx 3/7/2008, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/0 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2009 03:02PM sbmolee wrote:

Go to Ebay and search for them.  Someone on this site bought them.  I went and checked them out and almost bought a pair.  Not very expensive and you can select the projection...

Live life to the fullest - it is not a spectator sport. Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, 2cm, Stage Ia, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2009 05:06PM mawhinney wrote:

I remember someone mentioning that they found them on a site or at a store selling items for transvestites. Might be worth a look see!

Dx 5/18/2008, IDC, <1cm, Stage Ib, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 14, 2009 05:21PM , edited Mar 14, 2009 05:24PM by fairy49

I found these! :) cheap and cheerful!!

http://www.decolleteenhancement.com/PalsNipls.html

or these, that I think you can stick on with eyelash glue (or so someone told me!)

http://www.thefantasygirl.com/breastforms/nipples.shtml

DX 9-22-08 IDC 1.1cm Stage 1 Grade 2 SNB 0/5 ER+ PR+ HER- Bi-Lat Mas re-con,tissue expanders on 10/29 - Exchange to silicone implants on 3/6/09 Oncotype DX Score 9 - BRCA 1 & 2 Negative.....If God brings you to it, he WILL get you through it

Mar 14, 2009 05:38PM roseg wrote:

I have some like palsnipls. It stays on without glue. There is a little suction if you press it down. The smallest projection is  a good match with my real side. I had an augment on that side and it tends to be "on" a lot so the fake one looks pretty good with it.

Rose

Mar 14, 2009 06:49PM sbmolee wrote:

Here is what to search for on Ebay -

ADHESIVE SILICONE NIPPLES-SEEN ON THE SEX AND THE CITY  They cost about $8.00

I can't figure out how to post the picture.

Live life to the fullest - it is not a spectator sport. Dx 3/27/2008, DCIS, 2cm, Stage Ia, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 15, 2009 03:40PM jeannieq wrote:

Here are a couple of websites that I had bookmarked from previous posts:

http://www.new-attitude-inc.com/?page_id=39

http://www.myreforma.com/index.php?app=ccp0&ns=display&ref=splash

These are a little pricier, but look nice.  I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to have the surgery.  At the moment, I'm leaning to no and may order a set of nipples (doesn't that sound odd?).  I started losing hair in clumps in late October and the dermatologist says it is probably from having had 3 surgeries in a year.  Thankfully it has stopped falling out and is starting to grow again, but it makes me a bit nervous to think of another surgery.  

Jeannie 

Mar 15, 2009 04:59PM Tina337 wrote:

I tried on a pair at a lingerie shop that also carries post-mastectomy bras.  After my implant exchange surgery last Sept. I went for a professional bra fitting.  The fitter asked if I wanted to try the nipples, and it was fun to see what I'd look like with the process complete.  I believe they were the Reforma brand.  I had a bilateral and wasn't trying to match an existing nipple.  They looked very natural, very close to my original nips.  At the start of recon had planned to have nipples done but I'm not up for more surgery right now.  I'm thinking of using the silicone nips for a more natural look under nighties or when going braless in summer clothes.  

Jeannie, I lost hair after my BM, too.  The surgery followed several months of diagnostic testing.  It started growing back not long after.  Amazing how stress affects the body!

"Life isn't about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself." ~ George Bernard Shaw Dx 11/13/2007, DCIS, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 15, 2009 11:24PM okrls wrote:

I found great ones at this web site.  http://www.breastformshopping.com/cart/ProductDetail.asp?category=Accessories&ProductID=174&index=11

They are real looking to me and have helped me make a decision about what I plan to do. 

Mar 16, 2009 04:56AM , edited Mar 16, 2009 05:33AM by Linda54

I just found some on Amazon and they look very real!!!  They are called "natural Nipples"..... Kinda pricey at $25 plus shipping....They look more real than any I have seen.  I am thinking about getting some and wearing them to the PS appt next time and surprise him...LOL....and say " I don't need any tweeking before nip recon".........I think the PS office should have fake nipps in their office for patients to try on....of course some of them might.....I think it would be worth the cost.....When I am finished with them I can pass on to one of my BC sisters......

edited to NOTE:  you can order them direct from www.lovefifi.com/p-525-natural-nipples.aspx

same price as Amazon.  I already have an account with Amazon so I had rather order from them instead of opening up another account with FIFI....

I also checked out the www.myreforma.com

theirs are on sale for $59.00  they have pics posted if you would like to go there to see what they look like on  reconstructed breast.  You can also file Reforma on your insurance.  They say the nipples last 2-4 months....I thought they would last longer than that....I guess the sticking ability wears off....

If you have found some that look this good and is cheaper then let me know....I like these because they do not have a LOT of projection like some I have seen. 

Mar 16, 2009 06:15PM BustersMom wrote:

Wow, thanks so much for all of the help ladies!! :) You are great!

Cheers - Juliet

BMX 7/7/08 (R was prophy), SNB, immed recon. 1st exchange surgery 10/31/08; revision on 2/6/09; Tamoxifen 9/08. Local Recur DX 12/09. Excision and Oophorectomy 2/1/2010. Rads done 4/2010. Dx 5/19/2008, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Mar 19, 2009 05:35AM Linda54 wrote:

BustersMom

I placed my order yesterday for the fake nipps from Amazon. I am excited to get them....I hope I get them before my PS calls me into his office to talk about my next surgery.  I will stick those babies on and boy will he be surprised when he walks in the exam room  LOL  I will let everyone know how I like them.....I am still planning on having my nipps done by reconstruction....

Mar 23, 2009 02:53PM , edited Mar 23, 2009 02:54PM by kfox

What about temporary tatoos? Anyone know of any?  I found a reference from 2004 for "titoos.com"  however, I couldn't find any on the web.  I am thinking of just having the aerola tatooed, but would like to experiment first.  All I can find are decorative tatoos for around the nipple, none of the nipple itself for those of us currently nippless.  I feel as though I have blind boobs.  I want something there. 

Dx 1/29/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 15, 2009 05:47PM sbmolee wrote:

bump for Estepp

Apr 15, 2009 06:41PM Farrah wrote:

Now I'm curious Linda. Did you get your stick-ons and more importantly did you wear them to your ps appointment? I can't wait to hear of his reaction Laughing And BTW I looove your Maya Angelou quote - it's so powerful!
bilateral mastectomy May 08. Silicon implants July 08 Dx 5/8/2008, DCIS, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-

Apr 15, 2009 06:51PM Linda54 wrote:

Farrah

I did get the fake nipples and I have pictures posted!!!!!  My appointment is Thursday 23rd next week.  I will let everyone know what his reaction is....LOL

Apr 15, 2009 08:05PM fairy49 wrote:

Linda54! I bought the same ones! Just got them on Monday, I took photos but haven't posted them on the pic forum :( it was so weird/wonderful to see my foobies with nips again!! I was laughing and crying all at the same time, such a strange journey this is......anyhoo, I think it really helped me with where I want my nips and what size, color etc, so thanks for sharing your story otherwise I wouldn't have thought of it!

p.s if anyone wants to see my pics with the fake nips just PM me your email and I will send over!

hugs

Lorraine ox

DX 9-22-08 IDC 1.1cm Stage 1 Grade 2 SNB 0/5 ER+ PR+ HER- Bi-Lat Mas re-con,tissue expanders on 10/29 - Exchange to silicone implants on 3/6/09 Oncotype DX Score 9 - BRCA 1 & 2 Negative.....If God brings you to it, he WILL get you through it

Apr 16, 2009 04:55PM sam1991 wrote:

Lorraine...Your fake nips look very real...you know I think that. I think you should get the pierced one next...hee hee

xxoo Kathie 

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. Joseph Campbell

Jun 27, 2009 09:30AM kfox wrote:

After sharing nipple angst with one of the ONC nurses at my center, I learned that I was eligible for prosthetic nipples!  Woohoo!  (Why wasn't I told of this initially?)  I had to call my surgeon and get an Rx for prosthetic nipples.  Then I marched over to the cancer center prosthetic department and picked out my nipples! They are not bad.  I truly did not think I would bother, but it really bothers me not to have anything on these marble-type boobs.  I will get the nipple reconstruction when I have my exchange in August.  This is a good way to be more certain, by playing with the prosthetics.  Also, my insurace covered it all.  The downer was when I wore them the 1st time and my 14-year-old daughter made fun of them and made me cry.  She has such beautiful little breasts and mine,  well, they are no longer breasts but truly boobs!   :( She is being nice now; didn't realize how sensitive I was. )

Dx 1/29/2009, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 2, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 28, 2009 04:03PM cleomoon wrote:

Thanks so much for helping me shop for nipples...Innocent