Log in to post a reply
Nov 24, 2012 08:08PM
I'm back and still unable to make a decision
I have been unhappy with the lack of size & projection since my 7/5/12 implant exchange for a uniMX, on a f/u visit with my PS I told him that and he said he could do a revision. I asked what are you going to use "a bigger implant", he didn't clarify but said they have different shapes. That was they extent of his answer, I have been less than pleased with the lack of communication. So tentatively I was set up for revision 12/21 with him.
But I decided to seek a 2nd opinion this time with a woman, who I absolutely adored. I think she spent over and hour with me, going thru each aspect, including the lack of upper pole fullness, a divot on the side and the look of a "stuck on implant" lack of inframammary crease definition. She did however, say that the mastoplexy side was a good job, and wouldn't want to touch that. She suggested the possible removal of implant, place expander to generate more skin, and place larger implant/ with high profile, and fat grafting to upper and side of breast. I was enthused by her plan but not so sure about changing back to an expander and going that route again. She also was first to talk to me about fat grafting. One problem with going with her is that I definitely have to wait for after 1st of year as she has no surgical openings (and I would like to be able to get this done in 2012 due to my deductible having been already met).
SINCE the two PS differed so very much, I thought I might as well get a 3rd opinion and see where that would go.
Much to my surprise the 3rd PS (a male) said he thought my 1st PS did a pretty good job, he said that he could see some of the problems I spoke about, but said he would have felt badly if this was his work that I was unhappy with. He said yes he could do some revision, but very slight. He even suggested waiting for a bit to see if the implant changes how it looks. He also said that maybe I would be a good candidate for the Sientra "gummy bear" implant as it has a more conical shape, however, these have not been available in my area as of yet (central Wisconsin) and didn't know when it would be. He also mentioned that I should check with my insurance company as all revisions may not be covered just because we think the breasts are not symmetrical. He said that it could be considered more cosmetic than trying to just achieve symmetry, even though my original diag. was MX for dcis. I have a foob created by a silicone implant I guess I should be happy with that.
SO as you can tell I am just as confused as I was to begin with. ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS OVERLY LONG POST would be gladly welcomed.
Janice UniMX 2/23/12 with TE, no lymph node involvement
11/23/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+
12/09/2011 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast
01/20/2012 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my left breast
02/23/2012 Mastectomy of one or both breasts: Mastectomy of my left breast; Lymph node removal (also called dissection): Underarm (axillary) lymph node removal (also called dissection)
, Lymph node removal (also called dissection) on my left side
07/05/2012 Reconstruction of my left breast
12/21/2012 Reconstruction of my left breast
Aromasin (chemical name: exemestane, class: aromatase inhibitor)