Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Summer Heat...Innocent Rashes or Skin Mets?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Apr 27, 2007 02:19PM

ddd wrote:

Hi,

Just when I think I am moving on, something new comes up. Where I live, the really hot and humid season is just starting and it's my first season like this after bilat mastectomy and using prostheses. (I had intermediate grade DCIS)

Yesterday was unbearable, but I had to be running around in the heat most of the day. This morning after my shower, I see a nice big rash about one inch below the scarline and down to the bra line. I was wearing the prostheses next to my skin. Of course I don't have the rash on the prophylactic side. I know that most likely the heat and prosthesis rubbing, is probably the cause...but am I going to have to deal with such fears forever? God, I need to just move on. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Apr 27, 2007 07:34PM cheryl58 wrote:

Hi ddd,

Yes, I would think you have a heat rash. Give it time, keep it as dry as you can and if it doesn't improve, call your doctor just to put your mind at ease.

I know how incredibly hard it is to just move on. I also think once we are struck by the beast, we proceed with caution and always look over our shoulder.

I am sure that you will be just fine. I will pray that we can all find more peace from the fears.

Hugs,
Cheryl

Apr 27, 2007 11:36PM AlaskaDeb wrote:

I'm so sorry this is stressing you out. I bet it is just a rash, but if it doesn't get better call your doc so you will feel better about it.

I am glad to live in Alaska, where heat is not a problem LOL. I get rashes so bad from the heat! When I lived in Michigan I used a lot of Gold Bond Powder. Maybe that would help. I think they also make a disposable pad you can put between your form and your skin that will help keep things cool.

Good luck
Deb C
glassylady41.spaces.live.com/ Dx 2/29/2008, IDC, 3cm, Stage IV, Grade 2, 27/32 nodes, mets, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Apr 29, 2007 09:50AM ddd wrote:

Thanks girls, for the support. Looks like it is getting better, so must have been the heat. I'm using some baby powder.

I know I can't wear sunscreen or insect repellent on other parts of my body without getting a rash-due to the skin not breathing, so this could be the same.

Have no where else to turn when something like this freaks me out, so thanks again.

Apr 30, 2007 08:44PM roseg wrote:

I have some bras with cool-max pockets in them. They aren't anything too delicate or lacy, but in hot weather I think it helps to have the prosthesis in a pocket.

Without a pocket bra if I get sweaty then the thing slides around and isn't comfortable.
Rose

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)