Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Too big after TRAM

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 1, 2007 08:31AM

tam1953 wrote:

Has anyone experienced being too big after a TRAM? I was DD before and expected a C after, but am at least a DD and maybe bigger. I suppose it would help if I lost weight, but I am disappointed. Does anyone know if breast reduction surgery can be done on TRAMS?

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 1, 2007 09:21AM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:38PM by BethNY

when did you have surgery? Are you still swollen? Have you gained weight?
was it free tram, or pedicled?
If you lose weight, the breasts should lose volume as well, and then you can have them lifted.
Be your own hero

Jun 1, 2007 10:29AM tam1953 wrote:

Surgery was 4/24. I think all the swelling is gone. I think I have gained a little weight. I'm not sure what the procedure is called. They moved muscle from my abdomen up to create the breasts.

Jun 1, 2007 11:37AM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:39PM by BethNY

sounds like you had a pedicled tram, and only 2 months ago... you've got plenty of time before all the swelling could go away. Have you scheduled your second surgery, for revisions and nipples? At this procedure, the PS can remove excess skin, and some breast volume and lift it if you want...
generally this procedure takes place 3 months after the first surgery.
it can definitely be corrected.
Be your own hero

Jul 1, 2007 05:23PM Bobbi36 wrote:

I am two years out from my trans flap and my breast are too large. I am very self concious of them, all my shirts are too tight through the breast. I love to work out but my new breast do not run or jump well! I am hoping that my surgeon will do liposuction to reduce them some. Has anyone had this done? I do not regret the surgery as I had bilateral mas. and never felt like I lost my breasts

Jul 1, 2007 07:14PM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:35PM by BethNY

bobbi you can definitely have them reduced. You should talk to your PS about your concerns.

Be your own hero

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)