Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Felicia @ Dr. Levine's

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 1, 2007 06:51PM

pinkribbon48 wrote:

Hi Felicia, I read in another post that you had your pre-op at Dr. Levine's today. Wish I had known, I was there at 11:00 am for a post nip recon. I was so excited to have met Dr. Allen, kind of like meeting a rock star!!!! Liked him immediately, what an awsome man. Is he working with Dr. Levine on your Gap surgery? If so, you have no need to worry, you have a top team there! When you enter the OR, relish the moment, this is an amazing part of the journey. The first few days, maybe the first week is tough, but you WILL Kick Butt!!! Sending prayers for you. Pink

Page 1 of 4 (112 results)

Posts 1 - 30 (112 total)

Jun 1, 2007 08:20PM Felicia wrote:

Pink - sooo sorry I missed you! I was there at 4pm, but maybe we could have had lunch or something between our visits...

I am all covered with blue ink now. I keep fearing it will rub off, but Dr. Levine said it won't. Dr. Allen is doing the surgery with Dr. Levine, but he had already left when I got there as I was the last appointment for the day, so I guess I'll meet him on Monday morning. It'll be like: Hi - nice to meet you - and here are my butt and my boobs!

It will really be a stretch to get a B cup out of my tiny hiney. Disappointing, but anything will be better than the hole I have there now. And Dr. Levine assures me I'll be happy. He's done this a whole lot more than I have, so I trust his judgement, lol...

How'd it go with your nipple reconstruction?
Cure this b*tch already!

Jun 1, 2007 08:38PM imgonnamakeit wrote:

Hi Felicia,
I'm wondering what they do when a person has two openings in the skin? Now without the implant, I still have an opening along the top of the areola AND I have that larger one near the bottom of where the breast used to be. I worry about how much skin they'll have to remove in order to get healthy skin that will hold the stitches in place? So, in other words, how do they know how much radiated skin to remove and can they remove a wide section? I'm just afraid of going through a big procedure like SGAP and ending up with a wound that STILL won't heal.

I know you said you only have one but they must do some testing to see what they have to cover??

Glad you had a good appt today!
~Nancy

Jun 2, 2007 12:23PM Beesie wrote:

Felicia,

I want to wish you all the best for Monday. I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you. You've gone through so much and have been waiting long for this surgery - you deserve to have both the surgery and recovery go perfectly. Well, better than perfectly!

I can't wait to hear about how thrilled you are with your fabulous new breasts!
“No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.” Edmund Burke

Jun 2, 2007 01:07PM - edited Mar 11, 2008 02:39PM by BethNY

felicia lots of good luck, and a speedy recovery!!

Be your own hero

Jun 2, 2007 05:35PM rubytuesday wrote:

Best wishes for a beautiful outcome and a speedy recovery!!

Proud member of the TaTa Sisterhood! :)

Jun 2, 2007 08:13PM Felicia wrote:

Nancy,

I'm not sure if it's just because my radiated side is so muffed up or not, but the doc said the badly damaged (radiated) skin will all be removed. The markings on my butt are football shaped and about three or four inches at the widest part, so I'm sure having two holes in different locations probably would't be a problem. Check out some of the after pictures on the site to see how much tissue is actually replaced (find it here: http://www.diepflap.com/reconstruction-beforeafter.html)

My hole has actually healed - but it didn't heal completely. A quarter-sized indentation still exists, sort of like only one layer of skin grew, not all seven if that makes sense. Radiation can do lots of damage to the skin, which may be why you aren't healing correctly. Removing that skin and re-establishing a good blood supply may be all the help you need. What does your doc say about it?

Thanks for the well-wishes Beesie, Beth and Ruby!
Cure this b*tch already!

Jun 2, 2007 09:14PM pinkribbon48 wrote:

Felicia,nipple reconstruction went very well, a walk in the park!! Almost put it off till the fall, but thanks to Margerie, BethNY, and Callmechatty,I went for it, and glad I did!
Don't worry about the blue markings, they won't come off easily. I couldn't wash mine off for the longest time, then finally mentioned it to Tasha in a phone conversation and she said to try rubbing alcohol. That did the trick!
When are you going into the city? Are you staying at Miracle House the night before surgery? While in the hospital, I hope you have Min as your nurse. She was my favorite. Lucy was also very nice. I will be thinking of you and sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. As soon as you are feeling up to it, let us know how you are doing. (((HUGS))) Pink

Jun 3, 2007 09:25AM rubytuesday wrote:

Pink, If you have any insights/suggestions for the nipple recon journey, would you please post them? I'll be doing that shortly and am gathering any and all info. The ladies here have been very helpful so far but I'm one of those people who has to know EVERYTHING!!!!! THANKS!!!

Proud member of the TaTa Sisterhood! :)

Jun 3, 2007 09:59AM goldnmom wrote:

Felicia!!!! I'm so excited for you! It will be over before you know and you will be sporting the new girls! I'll be thinking about you.

Best,
Ellie

Jun 3, 2007 07:17PM imgonnamakeit wrote:

Hi Felicia!

That sounds great. My current PS only knows about implants but I have a consult coming up at the end of this month with an SGAP doc so I'll find out more then. Thanks for the reassurance about the openings. I'm still draining like nobody's business and when the bandage gets too wet and I can't change it right away, it starts stinging and I get the chills.

In any event, tomorrow is YOUR day and I'll be praying that you'll be calm and that the doctors will be at the top of their game. I know you are in the best of hands. Let us know - if you can and when you can - how you are doing ok?

Thinking of you...

Take care,
Nancy

Jun 3, 2007 07:37PM gracejon wrote:

Thinking of you and sending warm healing thoughts along with a speedy recovery.

Jun 3, 2007 10:12PM Felicia wrote:

Everytime I sit on the toilet, I end up having to scrub the blue ink off of the seat and the foamie I've been stuffing my bra with as well as the bras I wore Friday, Saturday and today are have blue lines on them. I still have some blue on my body, but it is fading fast. I guess the markings don't hold up as well if they're left on over the weekend, lol...

Miracle House was booked solid through June, so we are in a Howard Johnson's in NYC, but will be at a Holiday Inn in NJ from the time I'm sprung from the hospital until my post-op visit next Monday. I only live an hour away, but Dr. Levine said he needs his patients no more than 30 minutes away in case something goes wrong and they need to get back into the ER right away. That made me worry a bit...

Hubby-to-be is asleep, but I am wide awake, even though we are up and out at 5am. I'm anxious and ready to get this show on the road already. I'll look for Lucy and Min and tell them you said hello, Pink. I'll post as soon as I can.
Cure this b*tch already!

Jun 4, 2007 09:34AM DWS43 wrote:

Best wishes Felicia. I agree you are in good hands.

Dawn

Jun 4, 2007 11:11AM pinkribbon48 wrote:

Ruby, I sent you a PM. Pink

Jun 4, 2007 12:02PM twinbubbas wrote:

I pray it goes well today Felicia. Take care!

Dx 8/14/2006, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/10 nodes, ER-/PR-

Jun 4, 2007 12:15PM imgonnamakeit wrote:

Just thinking about you while I'm at work Felicia. Can't wait to hear from you when you're up to it.

~Nancy

Jun 4, 2007 02:17PM Colleen123 wrote:

Best wishes Felicia... waiting to hear from you when you are feeling better.

Hugs, Colleen

Jun 4, 2007 04:51PM MaryGirl wrote:

Hi Felicia-

We're all rooting for you. Take it easy and drop us a line when you're up to it.

Mary
dx 8/06, bilat mast w/DIEP 9/06

Jun 4, 2007 05:35PM pinkribbon48 wrote:

Hi Felicia,
Been thinking of you all day. Praying all went well. Know you're not feeling too great right now, but beleive me, it gets better and you will be glad it is done. Looking foward to hear how you are. (((HUGS))) Pink

Jun 4, 2007 05:53PM DebNC wrote:

Felicia,
Wishing you all the best and that your recovery will be an uneventful one. Take care! Deb

Jun 4, 2007 09:46PM imgonnamakeit wrote:

Thinking about you again tonight Felicia. Just imagine - healthy skin, no holes and new breasts! YAY!

I hope the surgery is over with and you are starting your recuperation time.

We're all sending you good thoughts, prayers and lots of hugs (gentle ones of course ;-)

~Nancy

Jun 4, 2007 10:48PM rue2u wrote:

Felicia,

Wow,it's your turn and I am so happy for you! Best of luck with the new girls! Looking forward to your recovery posts!

Rue

Jun 5, 2007 09:11AM lexi4 wrote:

Felicia,

I hope you are doing well! Look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Hugs,
Lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jun 5, 2007 03:17PM cindiedee wrote:

Felicia - sorry to be late with my hugs and prayers but had my SGAP last week and am just now getting around well. The surgery was fine - took 11 hours - and I can honestly say that the pain isn't too bad at all - mostly just really sore and no real raw pain. But I am praying for you daily and hoping that you are back with us soon - and we will both be on the other side of BC! Gentle Hugs, Cindie

Jun 5, 2007 04:31PM julel wrote:

Felicia-
Hope you are resting comfortably. Hoping all went well.
Waiting to here, when your up to it.
Julie

Jun 6, 2007 06:41AM Sherri-Canada wrote:

I hope you are doing better, I'm heading now for 2nd stage. I wish fast recovery for all of us.
Hugs,

Jun 6, 2007 06:23PM goldnmom wrote:

Has anyone heard from Felicia since her reconstruction?

Jun 6, 2007 06:45PM pinkribbon48 wrote:

Felicia's surgery was only two days ago so she is still in the hospital. She probably doesn't have a laptop with her, so we will have to wait till she gets to a computer. Keep sending healing prayers her way.Also for shoreh, who just had stage two. Pink

Jun 6, 2007 08:40PM imgonnamakeit wrote:

Felicia - still thinking of you sister. Praying all is going well with your hospital stay and that you will be resting comfortably soon.

Lots of love from your BC sisters here.
~Nancy

Jun 6, 2007 08:45PM rapidash wrote:

Sending tons of prayers and happy thoughts your way!!!

Page 1 of 4 (112 results)