Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: nips: how long til swimming or exercise?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 24, 2007 09:15PM

laureniris wrote:

Hi,
I'm scheduled for bilat nips on July 6, but I'm thinking of delaying til fall if recovery is longer than 2 weeks or so. Last year at this time I was in chemo. So I wasn't able to do much swimming or exercise cause I didn't want to push it. I figure that this year I really want to enjoy my summer. It just occured to me that nip recovery might slow me down ( I hadn't even thought about it til after I booked the procedure). So how active were you all after nipping? When could you swim? I'm planning on having a minor revision at the same time, involving removal of a small amount of skin which will result in a shift of implant placement.
Appreciate all feedback.
Thanks.
Lauren Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)

Posts 1 - 5 (5 total)

Jun 24, 2007 09:33PM Colleen123 wrote:

I was told "Do not immerse in bath water or swimming pool until all scabs have fallen off and there are no open wounds... approx. 4 weeks"

Hugs, Colleen

Jun 25, 2007 09:01PM Chattypatti wrote:

My ps wouldn't let me near water for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't lift either, but that might be because I had the expander put in at the same time as my nipple. I did exercise about a week later. Good luck.
Patti

Jun 25, 2007 09:31PM laureniris wrote:

I called today to delay the procedure til autumn. Why risk anything? I think I'll try to just relax and enjoy the summer, and not put restrictions on myself around exercise or swimming. Thanks for the feedback.
Lauren

Jun 25, 2007 09:43PM sschmidt wrote:

a summer full of water and sun is perfect after a summer of chemo. I did chemo last summer and am so happy to be
"normal" this summer. I need my port removed but won't do that until fall or winter.
Dx 2/10/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/16 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 26, 2007 09:56AM rubytuesday wrote:

I'm not a swimmer so that doesn't bother me. My only gripe about having it done in the summer is keeping it protected....the protection doesn't lend itself very well to camisoles and tight Ts. I was sooooooooooooooooo enjoying my new boobs until I got my nipple and have to cover it. There has to be a better way!!! I'm learning to adapt but I do think fall or even winter would be better....clothing-wise. Best wishes!

Proud member of the TaTa Sisterhood! :)

Page 1 of 1 (5 results)