Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Recovering from MS Free Flap TRAM

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 28, 2007 12:23PM

purpturt27 wrote:

I had muscle-sparing free flap TRAM on 2/16/07. I am still having pain in my abdomen, feel like weights are inside trying to come out. Had a CT scan and MRI - everyting is okay. Doctor said I am the 5% of people who recover slow, may take 6-12 mos . Still having pain all around new breast. Also had reduction on other breast and still feeling painful there. Has anyone had pain and finally recovered. Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jun 28, 2007 01:23PM BMD wrote:

My surgery was July 06 and now I can say I don't have pain. During my ooph last week the surgeon was able to cut loose some scar tissue on my left side. It had developed after my bilateral with tram. The difference is night and day. What a relief. Hopefully yours is not scar tissue but will go away on its own.

We are all in God's caring hands, BrendaBMD Dx 7/14/2006, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, 0/10 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 28, 2007 02:44PM MaryGirl wrote:

I'm now 9 months past my bilat mast & diep. My abdominal incision still feels tight but doesn't hurt. My breasts are still pretty painful. My breast surgeon says it could take up to 18 months to resolve itself. Bummer. I am so tired of hurting.

On a cheerier note, this doesn't seem to be the normal experience for most women on this board.

Mary
dx 8/06, bilat mast w/DIEP 9/06

Jun 28, 2007 03:30PM purpturt27 wrote:

Thank you, I feel like I am the only person with a problem. Most posts are happy and well in 6-8 weeks.

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)