Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Yoohoo DIEP is scheduled

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 28, 2007 04:40PM

notme wrote:

I was dx last June. Chemo until October 06, then right modified radical mastectomy and lymph nodes removed, followed by rads. Treatment ended in February. It took forever for my necrotic wound to close.

But now.....drum roll..... I have 2 inches of hair and I am scheduled for DIEP reconstruction in NOLA. I just can't adjust to one boob. I feel mutilated and deformed. This to me is that last step that will allow me to feel almost normal again.

Sadly, I just can't wait for this surgery. Bring it on!!!!

notme Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)

Posts 1 - 6 (6 total)

Jun 28, 2007 04:46PM MaryGirl wrote:

Good for you, notme! The folks down in NOLA will take good care of you. When's your surgery?

Mary
dx 8/06, bilat mast w/DIEP 9/06

Jun 28, 2007 09:37PM althea wrote:

I also had a unilateral diep in nola. It was the best medical experience I've ever had, and I had freaky complications (an ileus afterwards that had me feeling sicker than sick). You will be in good hands. When the good doctors get too old to do surgery anymore, I hope they'll teach the rest of the country how to deliver quality care. Their attention to detail is so reassuring and they prevent untold quantities of stress. Good choice!

Listen with a questioning ear. quote from George Ohsawa, founder of macrobiotics Dx 12/22/2004, ILC, 5cm, Stage II, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Jun 29, 2007 12:47AM LisaSDCA wrote:

Lucky you - get to go to NOLA! They'll have you fixed up in no time!

Lisa
Stage IV mets to brain 11/2008 BRCA-1 positive Dx 1/24/2007, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 3, 0/3 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Jun 29, 2007 10:30AM lexi4 wrote:

Yay for you! I have heard nothing but great things about NOLA. That is great!

Hugs,
Lexi
Dx 8/22/2005, IBC, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 5/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jun 29, 2007 06:41PM notme wrote:

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. My surgery is scheduled for September 12. I'll be checking into Omega Hospital. What was your experiences there?

I think it is phenominal that both microsurgeons will be in there making the decisions.

notme

Jun 30, 2007 04:30PM MaryGirl wrote:

My experience at Omega was great. It's a very small hospital, but they were expanding a bit when I was there last September. The room was very comfortable, and had a Murphy bed for my husband. There was also a small fridge if you want to keep food and drinks on hand. And the nursing care was also great.

Keep us posted as the time gets closer, notme.

Mary
dx 8/06, bilat mast w/DIEP 9/06

Page 1 of 1 (6 results)