Join Us

We are 218,706 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Expanders & Drain Removal Question

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jun 29, 2007 07:51AM

figsgirls wrote:

Hello ladies. I have expanders with some fill in them. They felt fine until I had the last 2 drains removed on Wednesday. By Thursday evening I could feel that the right side feels sort of hard as compared to the left, and I'm feeling some pressure as well. This is the side I had the SNB on, so I'm assuming that what I'm feeling is the fluid that had previously been going into the drains.
I had a lumpectomy and all of the nodes removed from the left side in May, and when my BS pulled the drain I had fluid buildup under that arm, so I'm assuming it's the same thing happening on the right side, only now it feels like it's under the expander.

Am I right? Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

Donna
Diag. 4/11/07 ILC 4.3cm 1/14 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2-. Lump., bilat.mast. 4AC 12 Taxol, Tamox. Implant recon.

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jun 29, 2007 10:28AM NaomiS wrote:

I got a little swollen after my drains were pulled, but not too much and it went down in a day or two.
Because I would think about it all weekend, I would probably call the PS's office and run it by a nurse, just for the peace of mind .
Good luck with the expansion process. They were really annoying for me, but the outcome was good so it was worth it.

Jun 29, 2007 02:26PM rubytuesday wrote:

My PS said to call if I had ANY swelling. She said fluid couldn't wait. Call your PS. Best wishes!

Proud member of the TaTa Sisterhood! :)

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)