Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Nipple reconstruction with graft from inner thigh

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jul 2, 2007 04:20PM

marytim wrote:

Hi,

I had a right mastectomy in November 2005 and since then have had another 4 reconstructive procedures on the breast. I am finally ready for a nipple which is scheduled for September. I would appreciate anyone who had the graft taken from the inner groin...how painful was it...how did it heal....what were your thoughts about the outcome. My PS really prefers to do the graft type of nipple.

Thanks for your help.
Mary Log in to post a reply

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Posts 1 (1 total)

Jul 3, 2007 11:03AM jlazyk wrote:

I had that done. I must say the nipples look very real and are a perfect size. My PS said they generally look better than the twist and the projection stays better.

I underestimated the recovery. I thought it was like the exchange so I had it Monday and went back to work Wednesday.....mistake. Take at least 5-7 days off especially if you walk. You're basically in sweatpants for a week and fully recovered in 2-3 weeks. Donor sites for any graft are bigger than you think they'll be (5 in.), but that area does not show scars.

Basically this too shall pass.

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)