Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Coming to America - maybe ???

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jul 3, 2007 11:41AM

lornafrost wrote:

Hello wonderful ladies,
It's been three long long weeks since Paul died. I have to tell you all that my beliefs in the "spirit" world have rather been shaken. There have been three MAJOR "coincidences" at such relevant times over the last few weeks that have made me stop and question my beliefs. I am a scientist - the head rules the heart. But I have to say that altho' I realise I am vulnerable right now, I seem to prefer to listen to my emotional side because it gives me such comfort.
To get to the point of my post....... all my friends have either small children or huge work commitments. One of them is married to a Major in our British Army and following his stint in Iraq, is being posted to Brunai next month - I had automatically deleted Deneise from my potential companions to come to NOLA.
Just spoke with her, didn't ask her - she volunteered!!! How wonderful to have such friends in this world. Shall be seeing her on the weekend (we live 50 miles apart) and shall be talking about - DOES SHE KNOW WHAT SHE'S DOING !!!! and ..... WHEN CAN WE GO!!
I know that this is what Paul so wanted for me. He really didn't care that I looked such a mess, but he knew how "maimed" I felt.
What do you all think - any experience of the Spirit world? Anyone who volunteered to come see me in NOLA is probably now heading for the hills!!!

Sending hugs xxxxx Lorna
Smile... and the world smiles with you Dx 8/20/2006, IDC, 5cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 2/11 nodes, ER+, HER2+

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)

Posts 1 - 4 (4 total)

Jul 3, 2007 01:09PM MaryGirl wrote:

Hi Lorna,

I'm glad to hear from you. Sounds like you're hanging in there.

How sweet of Deneise to volunteer to come with you to NOLA. It's a very interesting city, so I hope you two will save some time for taking in the sights.

Let me know when you'll be there. I'm looking forward to meeting you, not heading for the hills! I'll be out of town the last half of September, but otherwise should be around.

Mary (in Baton Rouge)
dx 8/06, bilat mast w/DIEP 9/06

Jul 3, 2007 02:28PM Robin04 wrote:

Lorna, I had read your earlier posts and I want to extend my deepest sympathy for all you've been through. Losing a loved one unexpectedly is devastating.
I don't think anyone would discount your spiritual experiences as being strange or silly. I have a firm belief that our dearly departed have ways of letting us know that they are still there for us. I've had a few things happen since my father died that still bring tears to my eyes when I think of them.
If I lived anywhere near NOLA I'd be happy to be there to lend you support.
Go for it and best wishes to you!

Jul 3, 2007 02:53PM gracejon wrote:

What a great friend you have. I missed your previous posts and want you to know how very sorry I am for your loss of your mate. I have had some rather odd experiences and usually do not take them very seriously. My one friend is very much into paranormal events and happenings so has learned to listen to me when I relate these happenings. She will analyze them and tell me to listen to what is going on. Some of the things she syas really makes sense so I try my best to follow the lead. I did have surgery in NOLA and had quite a sprited discussion about our children with Myra. The ladies and men that works there are clearly sent from some place out of this world since they are all angels. I really was lost with my leftover chest and they totally gave me back what I lost. I would have survived without the reconstruction but I am currently living again and refuse to have anything get in my way. Love to you.

Jul 3, 2007 08:12PM iodine wrote:

How delightful to hear from you! We will all be thinking good thoughts and wishes for you and your friend a safe and productive trip to the states.

Dotti---BE NOT AFRAID, Pope John Paul

Page 1 of 1 (4 results)