Join Us

We are 218,705 members in 84 forums discussing 161,183 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Drainage from breast with expander HELP!!!

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jul 4, 2007 04:57PM

newme07 wrote:

I am having drainage from breast with an expander in it. This breast has been nothing but trouble because the skin has been radiated so therefore it is very thin. Has anyone had a similar situation? I am scheduled for a pedicle tram flap on Aug. 10 2007 but I'm not sure I will make it. It keeps draining and I have to wear gauze every day. I wonder if the expander will eventually come through the skin. That happened to me last month and I'm afraid it may be happening again. Any input would be appreciated

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)

Posts 1 - 2 (2 total)

Jul 4, 2007 06:22PM gracejon wrote:

What does your doctor say? Generally draining wounds need to be cleaned out and foreign objects removed prior to considering another procedure. Is the doctor that going to do the TRAM know about the drainage? You do what everything clear so the TRAM works without further complications.

Jul 4, 2007 06:43PM newme07 wrote:

He knows that there has been some drainage, but since yesterday it seems to keep draining. I don't have a fever at all, but like I said , he is going to remove the expander on the 10th and do the tram flap then. I just don't know what to expect in the next few days

Page 1 of 1 (2 results)