Join Us

We are 224,943 members in 83 forums discussing 163,796 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Uneven Nipples after Reconstruction?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction —

Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: Nov 9, 2008 12:59PM

TexasGal wrote:

Okay, I know it's only been three days since my exchange surgery/reduction surgery but I'm curious - The reconstructed nipple (left side) seems to be a bit higher than the repositioned nipple on the reduced right side. Given the fact that both breasts are swollen right now and there WILL be changes as the tissues settle, how often is there a significant difference in nipple location?

I was suprised that my PS wanted to do the nipple reconstruction at the same time as placing the implant. But I'm at a public county hospital so perhaps he's encouraged to combine surgeries as a cost-saving device. Well, we'll see. Thanks for your comments. I'm just curious.

TexasGal

Opportunity is often missed because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)

Posts 1 - 9 (9 total)

Nov 9, 2008 01:15PM - edited Nov 9, 2008 01:15PM by Deirdre1

Hi Tex!  I had my areola nipple reconstruction at the same time too.. my left nipple is almost totally flat and my right nipple has to much skin...  I am just so sick of surgeries though I haven't gone back to get it fixed.   You have an award winning ps in Texas (if you are near Dallas) let me know if you want his name..  oh and I paid out of pocket so it's not the county hospital thing - best

Nov 9, 2008 03:55PM carolsd wrote:

My PS did everything in one surgery too. My nipples are uneven, and it bothered me at first. But not so much anymore. Hardly anyone sees them so I haven't elected to do anything about it.

Dx 9/22/2004, IDC, <1cm, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Nov 9, 2008 04:24PM PhyllisCC wrote:

Hi,

My nipple does not match either...although it looks really good.  Not sure what I'll do about it.  My rt breast looks wierd as the implant is square at the bottome (thin skin).  My PS wants to wait (a year???) to go back and fix it.  So I guess the nipple is the least of my problems.  It does camoflage (?) the scars.  And I look great in clothes.  So tired of surgeries.  Phyllis

Nov 10, 2008 11:48AM TexasGal wrote:

Thanks, ladies, for your feedback. I feel better about my uneven nipples. I'm sure that they'll settle down after all the swelling's gone and the healing is further along. After all, it's only been just over 4 days since my surgery.

Tex

Opportunity is often missed because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Nov 10, 2008 12:04PM lvtwoqlt wrote:

Tex, I had bilat done and my ps likes to do the nipples about 6 weeks after the exchange. Unfortunately, my nipples were also uneven, one about 1/2 inch higher than the other. When they tattooed them it made it even more pronunced, they made the areolas even across but the nipple on one side was off-center. The one that was too high shrunk more than the other one. But I went to a different person to touch up my nipples and she was able to visually move the one nipple small nipple down with 3-d effect coloring.

Sheila

Women are like tea bags, we don't know how strong we are until we were thrown into hot water. Eleanore Roosevelt Diagnosed ADH Feb 2005, ADH Sept 2006 Surgery 2/11/2005 Lumpectomy: Left Surgery 9/9/2006 Lumpectomy: Right Hormonal Therapy 10/11/2006 Dx 4/27/2007, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 1, 0/7 nodes Surgery 5/31/2007 Mastectomy: Left, Right

Jul 17, 2014 07:20AM mammalou wrote:

can they fix uneven nipples?

DX 12/2018 ADH right breast Dx 1/11/2011, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 2, 1/9 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 1/11/2011 Lumpectomy: Left Chemotherapy 3/2/2011 AC Surgery 5/13/2011 Mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement Radiation Therapy 6/16/2011 Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 7/29/2011 Arimidex (anastrozole), Femara (letrozole), Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery 6/13/2012 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant Surgery 6/26/2013 Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap

Jul 22, 2014 09:14AM bnita wrote:

After my procedure one of my nipples flattened out. ps said he could repair the left nipple becauuse flattened out by redoing it and adding tissue to it. Not sure why he didnt do this process to begin with. Not sure I want another procedure cutting and pulling.  Is there another procedure like fat injections.

Apr 3, 2019 01:28PM SchatziRogowski wrote:

any feedback on this

Dx 4/25/2012, DCIS/Paget's, Right, 1cm, Stage IIIB, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+ (SPOT) Surgery 5/24/2012 Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo, Silicone implant, Tissue expander placement Surgery Reconstruction (left): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo; Reconstruction (right): Nipple reconstruction, Nipple tattoo Chemotherapy Adriamycin (doxorubicin), Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

May 2, 2021 03:35PM - edited May 3, 2021 05:12AM by Shemariewil

This Post was deleted by Shemariewil.

Page 1 of 1 (9 results)