Topic: Implants...does your "foobs" get itchy!!!

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Talk with others facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when.

Posted on: Jan 16, 2012 12:30AM

Posted on: Jan 16, 2012 12:30AM

karen1956 wrote:

I've had my current set of implants....mentor silicone implants for 3 1/2 years now...and there are times I feel like I want to claw my chest off...this is mostly in the evening....I haven't been to the PS in 1 1/2 years (or is it 2  1/2 years) and have no plans to make an appt for him to just look at them and say yup, they are still symmetrical....don't get me wrong, I like my PS, just not into medical appt anymore (only see my onc)....so is this due to the implants?  or is it just me....even though there is "no feeling", there are times I'm just so itchy....also, my back gets itcy as well....I now its nothing to worry about...more its just annoying...

Karen in Denver, Dx 02/03/2006, ILC, stage IIIa, ER/PR+, HER2-,

Page 6 of 6 (53 results)

Oct 24, 2021 02:35AM wc3 wrote:

I occasionally get an internal itch that can't be scratched but in my case I think it's the implant irritating a nerve in my chest wall. It's usually at night and it drives me crazy but putting my surgical bra on sometimes help. I think because it repositions the implants.

Pathologic complete response (pCR) to chemotherapy. Dx 2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 6/1/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/15/2018 Lymph node removal; Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Mastectomy (Right); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander; Reconstruction (Right): Tissue Expander Hormonal Therapy Arimidex (anastrozole), Zoladex (goserelin) Targeted Therapy Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Surgery Reconstruction (Left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (Right): Silicone implant

Oct 24, 2021 12:03PM tb90 wrote:

I have the same occasionally internal itch that cannot be relieved and mostly in the evening. But I did not have reconstruction! Is this possibly something to do with nerves? Like phantom pain, etc following a mastectomy. Just adding this in case this has nothing to do with the implants at all.

Dx 11/28/2013, DCIS, Grade 2 Surgery 12/18/2013 Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left) Radiation Therapy 2/20/2014 Breast

Oct 28, 2021 11:44PM Minlinthemomof5 wrote:

So glad I found this site. I am 4+ years BLM. Just today I started having itching on my right foob that felt like it was coming from the inside. Hard to explain to husband and daughter. They thought I was nuts. Nerve regeneration sounds most likely. This is going to make me crazy. I’m calling my PS in the morning to make plans to get these things out. I have been wanting to for a long time because on top of this new thing, the last few yearsI have had chronic hives. I will break out with them every day unless I take double doses of anti-histamine. I never had hives in my life until about a year after my implants. Also within the last two years I have developed ocular migraine’s which I never had before. May or may not be caused by the implants, but I have had my suspicions for a long time. Now with this new itching problem it pretty well makes up my mind. I should add that I have the textured silicone implants. When I had my mastectomy I wasn’t going to get implants, but a couple of my friends talked me into it. I will check back on this thread from time to time and let y’all know how this turns out for me.

Page 6 of 6 (53 results)

Scroll to top button