We are 217,836 members in 81 forums discussing 154,335 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: TE/Implant OVER pectoral Can exercise, comfortable &NO RIPPLES!

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Oct 19, 2015 09:47PM - edited Mar 11, 2019 08:30PM by macb04

macb04 wrote:

I want to put this out there as an option for implant reconstruction. Initially I had uni mx and delayed reconstruction with a TE put under my pectoral muscle. Hated, just hated it. Was painful and crampy for all the muscles of my chest. No strength because my pectoral muscle was cut. So bad I couldn't open a bag of chips. Was slowly inflated, while waiting to do DIEP. Changed my mind and did fat grafting 3 times with an inexperienced PS who took out my TE. Had infections twice and lost a lot of my grafted fat. Got a new , better, forward thinking PS who agreed to putting a new tissue expander OVER my pectoral muscle, with no cutting of my muscle whatsoever. In August 2015 I did implant exchange, to a 420cc Mentor Anatomic Implant. Then had breast lift of right side for symmetry in September 2015, about 4 weeks ago.. Plan nipple reconstruction this December, with areola tattooing in late spring with Vinnie Myers.

Looks pretty good, have a very realistic, custom made prosthetic nipple that I wear every day until I get the reconstruction done. Made by Feeling WholeAgain.com. Really nice guy named Paul created it for me. Used to be called Custom DSE.

Using Embrace Scar therapy system for the next 8 weeks on the vertical lift/breast lift incision. Hope it will minimize my scar. I will update how that goes.

Important point, had 5 weeks rads, had rad fibrosis. Got Hyperbaric Oxygen therapy in conjunction with fat grafting which healed my skin almost back to normal. Despite these setbacks I was still sucessful at Implant reconstruction. Realize is still early days. Plan to keep taking Pentoxifylline and vit E for a long while yet to prevent capsular contracture. Not perfect, but enough to make me feel nearly whole. Plan to go back to my gym and change in the locker room like a normal woman again, instead of hiding and changing in the toilet.

UPDATE : List of Plastic Surgeons doing OVER Pectoral Implant Reconstruction , ( Prepectoral Implant Reconstruction )

WEST COAST

Dr. Hakim Said - UW Medical Center, Seattle, WA

Dr. Jonathan Hutter -Valley Hospital, Renton, WA

Dr. Mark Tseng - Multicare, Auburn, WA

Dr Reid Mueller - OSHU, Portland, OR

Dr. Lisa Cassileth - Beverly Hills, CA

Dr. Leif Rogers - Beverly Hills, CA

Dr Kamakshi Zeidler - Campbell, CA

Dr. Michael Halls--La Jolla, CA

Dr Elizabeth Kim - Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Charlotta Lavia - Los Angeles, CA

Dr. Charles Tseng - UCLA , CA

Dr. Mark Gaon - Newport Beach, CA

Dr. Sara Yegiyants - Santa Barbara, CA

Dr. John G. Apostoledes - San Diego, CA 619-222-3339

Dr. Jyoti Arya - San Diego, CA

Dr Karen Horton--San Francisco, CA

Dr Arash Momeni - Stanford, CA Has done >100 prepecs/Only does Prepectoral now

MIDWEST/CENTRAL/MOUNTAIN

Dr. Julie Park - University of Chicago Medicine, Il

Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar - Downers Grove & Batavia, IL , Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital

Dr. William Dougherty - Taos, NM

Dr. Minh-Doan T. Nguyen, MD, Ph.D - Mayo Clinic, Rochester,MN

Dr Steven R Jacobson - Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN

Dr. Bruce Chau- Berkley, MI

Dr. Marissa Tenenbaum - St Louis, MO

Dr. Terry Myckatyn - St. Louis, MO

Dr William Stefani - Renaissance Plastic Surgery, Troy, Michigan

Dr. Richard Hainer - North Oakland Plastic Surgery, Rochester, MI

Dr Ryan Gobble - UC in Cincinnati, OH

Dr. Neil Kundu - Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, OH

Dr. Timothy Schaefer - Edina, MN

Dr Tiwari & Dr Kocak - Columbus Ohio. mwbreast.com

Dr Michael Bateman - Denver, CO

Dr. Hardy -Northwest Plastic Surgery Associates, Missoula MT.

Dr Jeffrey Lind II - Houston, TX

Dr. Danielle LeBlanc - Ft Worth, TX

Dr Philip Sonderman, Greater Milwaukee Plastic Surgeons - Milwaukee, WI

Dr. David Janssen & Dr. William Doubek, Fox Valley PS - Oshkosh and Appleton, WI

EAST COAST

Dr Jessica Erdmann-Sager - Brigham & Women's/Dana Farber, Boston MA

Dr Amy Colwell - Boston MA

Dr Russell Babbitt - Fall River, MA

Dr. Helen Perakis - Hartford, CT

Dr. Glassman - Pomona NY

Dr. Andrew Smith - Rochester, NY

Dr. Andrew Salzberg - NYC

Dr. David Otterburn - NYC

Dr. Constance Chen - NYC

Dr. Tzvi Small - Valley Hospital , Ridgewood NJ

Dr. Joseph Woods - Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta GA

Dr. Mark Deutsch, Perimeter Plastic Surgeons - Atlanta, GA

Dr. Irfan Galaria - Ashburn, Chantilly & Haymarket, VA

Dr. Samir Rao - 3299 Woodburn Rd Ste 490 , Annandale, VA 22003

Dr Mark Venturi - McLean, VA

Dr. Nahabedian - McLean,VA

Dr. Michelle Roughton - UNC Chapel Hill, NC.

Dr. Thomas Hahm - Charleston, SC

Dr. Kevin Delaney - Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), SC

Dr Jason Ulm - Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), SC .

Dr. James Craigie and Dr. Richard Kline Jr. - East Cooper Plastic Surgery, Mount Pleasant, SC

Dr. Stacy Stephenson - UTMC, Knoxville, TN

Dr Kent Higdon - Vanderbilt Medical Center, Nashville, TN

Dr. Mark Leech, Chattanooga Plastic Surgery, Chattanooga, TN

Dr. Brad Medling, in Murfreesboro (and Franklin), TN

Dr Davinder Singh - Annapolis, MD

Dr. Vincent Perrotta - Salisbury, MD

Dr Claire Duggal - Annapolis, MD

Dr. Eric Chang - Columbia, MD

Dr Justin Sacks - Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD

Dr. Joanne Lenert - Washington, DC

Dr Troy Pittman - Georgetown University, Washington, DC

Dr Hilton Becker - Hilton Becker Clinic of Plastic Surgery, Boca Raton, Fla

EAST COAST, CANADA

Dr Mitchell Brown, Toronto Canada

Dr Jason Williams - Hallifax, Nova Scotia

AUSTRALIA

Dr Beverley Fosh - Adelaide, South Australia

Dr Amy Jeeves - Adelaide, South Australia

RESEARCH LINKS ABOUT PREPECTORAL RECONSTRUCTION

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/03/160302182438.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4494482/

http://www.nesps.org/meeting/abstracts/2016/57.cgi

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4727683/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28027223

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29978367

VITAMIN C HELPS WITH HEALING FROM SURGERY/and can kill bacteria such as Pseudomonas with high dose IV Vitamin C. If you can't get Intravenous Vitamin C, Liposomal Vitamin C can be a big help if you can't afford or find IV Vitamin C.

Having extra Vitamin C, 1,000mg to 3,000mg per day for at least a week before surgery and for at least 2 weeks afterwards. That is what Dr Andrew Weil says. I tend to think it is possible to have even higher amounts of Vitamin C safely. I did that on a number of occasions, what is called "Titrating to bowel tolerance " Basically it means to take a Vitamin C tablet, (chewable type are some of the easiest) once an hour throughout the day. When your body is finally starting to have more Vitamin C than you need, then you will begin to experience loose stools. Then you stop taking Vitamin C, count up how many tablets you have had over the course of the day, and the next day take one or two less tablets of Vitamin C for that day. Repeat that for several days, but as you heal and your health improves you will get to the point of loose stools sooner and sooner (needing less and less pills every day in a gradual taper downward) It is quite safe to do it this way, if you have normal kidney and bowel function. The worst that happens is that you can get diarrhea. It is a great way to tell exactly how much Vitamin C your body needs. Sufficient Vitamin C is crucial to wound healing, helps with making strong collagen. When you hear stories of surgical wounds that dehise it is a high probability that there is a Vitamin C deficiency leading to inadequate collagen production.

Nutritional Support for Wound Healing - Alternative Medicine Review https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14653765

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4915787/

Pharmacokinetics of oral vitamin C

Abstract

Purpose. To test whether plasma vitamin C levels, following oral doses in supplemented volunteers, are tightly controlled and subject to a maximum in the region of 220 µm L−1, as suggested by previous researchers for depleted subjects. To determine plasma levels following single, variable‐sized doses of standard and liposomal formulations of vitamin C and compare the effects of the different formulations. To determine whether plasma levels above ∼280 µm L−1, which have selectively killed cancer, bacteria or viruses (in laboratory experiments), can be achieved using oral doses of vitamin C.

Design. This was a single blind study, measuring plasma levels in two subjects, in samples taken half‐hourly or hourly for 6 hours, following ingestion of vitamin C. Data were compared with published results and with data from 10 years of laboratory plasma determinations.

Materials and methods. Standard 1 gram tablets of vitamin C; liposomal vitamin C. Plasma levels were analysed using the method of Butts and Mulvihill.

Results. Preliminary investigations of the effects of liposomal and standard formulation ascorbate showed that blood plasma levels in excess of the previously assumed maximum of 220 µm L−1 are possible. Large oral doses of liposomal ascorbate resulted in plasma levels above 400 µm L−1.

Conclusions. Since a single oral dose can produce plasma levels in excess of 400 µm L−1, pharmacokinetic theory suggests that repeated doses could sustain levels well above the formerly assumed maximum. These results have implications for the use of ascorbate, as a nutrient and as a drug. For example, a short in vitro treatment of human Burkitt's lymphoma cells with ascorbate, at 400 µm L−1, has been shown to result in ∼50% cancer cell death. Using frequent oral doses, an equivalent plasma level could be sustained indefinitely. Thus, oral vitamin C has potential for use as a non‐toxic, sustainable, therapeutic agent. Further research into the experimental and therapeutic aspects of high, frequent, oral doses of ascorbic acid either alone or (for cancer therapy) in combination with synergistic substances, such as alpha‐lipoic acid, copper or vitamin K3, is needed urgently.

ALSO, WANT TO BRING UP ESSENTIAL OILS SUCH AS OREGANO/THYME and GOLDENSEAL have Synergistic Effects against bacteria, alone or in combination with antibiotics. I posted this info somewhere else, but copied it to here again.

Essential Oils and Their Components as Modulators of Antibiotic Activity against Gram-Negative Bacteria ..

http://www.mdpi.com/2305-6320/3/3/19

Essential Oils and Future Antibiotics: New Weapons against Emerging ' Superbugs ' ?

Nicholas A Boire1, Stefan Riedel2 and Nicole M Parrish2*

1The Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

2 Department of Pathology, Division of Microbiology, The Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/253567306_Essential_Oils_and_Future_Antibiotics_New_Weapons_against_Emerging'Superbugs'

PDF]Antimicrobial and synergistic effects of some essential oils to fight ... - The Battle Against Microbial Pathogens: Basic Science, Technological Advances and Educational Programs

www.microbiology5.org › book

by H Padalia - ‎2015 - ‎Cited by 2 - ‎Related articlesEssential oils can be individually effective or they may be combined with antibiotics or plant extracts. Traditional healers often use combinations of plants to treat or cure diseases and found that synergy was most

According to a report published in The Review on Antimicrobial Resistance, the government of the United Kingdom estimates that by the year 2050, more than 10 million deaths and 100 trillion dollars in global health care costs will have resulted from drug-resistant microbes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27872555

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28224112

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27895802

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26256994

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25185110

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16085104

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12643856

The only contraindications I know of regarding herbs/supplements after surgery is the increased risk of bleeding that can occur in the early PostOp period, usually the first 3 to 7 days. Blood clots are a very small risk in the PostOp period (for nonorthopedic procedures), but one that is not much affected by use of herbs/supplements, except a few that interfere with the effectiveness of Warfarin/Coumadin anticlotting medications, like CoQ10, Goldenseal, or St John's Wort. .

Certain herbs are known to increase the risk of blood thinning,

Herbal Medicines

• Garlic: inhibits platelet aggregation (organosulfur), discontinue for seven days
  • Ginkgo: inhibits platelet activating factor (terpenoids, flavonoids), discontinue for thirty six hours
  • Ginseng: inhibits platelet aggregation and lowers blood glucose(ginsensosides [mimic steroids]). Check PT/PTT/glucose, d/c for 24 hours (preferably seven days)
  • Saw Palmetto: associated with excessive intraoperative bleeding(mechanism unknown, likely multiple), in the absence of pharmacokinetic data, no recommendations re: preoperative continuation can be made

Herbal medicines that increase the risk of bleeding:

• Black Cohosh: Claims to be useful for menopausal symptoms. Contains small amounts of anti-inflammatory compounds, including salicylic acid. Theoretically could have intrinsic/additive antiplatelet activity.
  • Chamomile: Claims to reduce inflammation and fever, to be a mild sedative, relieve stomach cramps. Increases risk of bleeding because it contains phytocoumarins, which have additive effects with warfarin.
  • Feverfew: Claims to prevent migraines. Increases the risk of bleeding because it individually inhibits platelet aggregation, has additive effects with other antiplatelet drugs. Also additive effects with warfarin.
  • Fish Oil: Claims to prevent/treat atherosclerotic CV disease (800-1500mg/day). Also used to decrease triglycerides (>4g/day). Dose dependent bleeding risk increases with dose >3g/day.
  • Garlic, Ginger, Ginko, Ginseng: Increases bleeding risk by interacting with antiplatelet drugs to inhibit platelet aggregation and inhibit fibrinolysis. Also augments warfarin

Page 66 of 67 (1,981 results)

Posts 1951 - 1980 (1,981 total)

Feb 14, 2019 08:58AM Andraxo wrote:

bird-of-light - Yes, I have Natrelle 410 - cohesive gel, anatomic shaped. low projection 250cc.

Exactly - lots of factors go into rippling, as well as seeing the edges. Everyone will be different, that was my point. I'm concerned mostly with comfort - with sports and everyday life. I don't want to be aware that I have implants while going about my life, and most of the time I don't. Yay! Lying on my side in bed is when I'm most aware. Implants, even my tiny little ones, don't behave anything like a natural breast in sidelying. Happy not to have any real pain associated with them.

- xo

Andra :) Dx at age 45. Super active in outdoor adventures in the southwest/4 corners area. Dx 7/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/4/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/5/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/29/2016

Feb 14, 2019 10:51AM hapa wrote:

Does anybody have low projection or low moderate rounds? I'm scheduled to get my Mentor moderates swapped out with Allergan Insprias, either low or low moderate rounds. I hope they don't wind up looking like pancakes, but I just can't tolerate these torpedoes on my chest.

Dx 12/14/2017, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2018 Zoladex (goserelin) Hormonal Therapy 1/1/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy 2/13/2018 Ibrance (palbociclib) Dx 3/20/2018, IDC, Right, 3cm, Stage IIIA, 3/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (FISH) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2018 Perjeta (pertuzumab) Targeted Therapy 3/27/2018 Herceptin (trastuzumab) Chemotherapy 3/27/2018 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 8/22/2018 Lymph node removal: Right, Underarm/Axillary; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Radiation Therapy 10/22/2018 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes, Chest wall

Feb 14, 2019 11:15AM - edited Feb 14, 2019 11:16AM by Andraxo

hapa - I have low projection. They are like A+ cups on my body, but look like a B in a bra (ALL bras, even sports bras - anything with those foam triangles for nipple concealment) because they don't compress and the bras make me look bigger. I think Macb04 said it best once, that she compared the appearance of some implants to hamburger buns. Yup - mine are like hamburger buns when looking straight on because you can see every edge (low body fat and didn't have fat grafting), but from the side they are sloped like a real breast. I actually wish they were even flatter because of the bras making them look bigger.

- xo

Andra :) Dx at age 45. Super active in outdoor adventures in the southwest/4 corners area. Dx 7/2015, IDC, Left, <1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 3/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 9/4/2015 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 10/5/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/29/2016

Feb 14, 2019 12:04PM Druanne wrote:

Hi all!

Before surgery I was a 34DD. I was kinda looking forward to being a D or smaller but still wear the same size bra. When I woke up from surgery I found out my PS had gone direct to implant bypassing TEs (Which is wonderful!!!) He gave me the largest implants at 790CC. So much for being smaller! My PS really did an amazing job though. I have before and after pics and it is crazy how they look like mine only round and more compact... I am slowly getting used to them and practicing gratitude every time I look at them. I needed no fat grafting and have no ripples unless I bend completely over without a bra on. I think the weirdest thing so far is the fact they don't move like the originals. When I lay down they just stand straight up. I feel self conscious about them when my fiance looks at me naked now. :( Exercising is getting better as long as I am wearing a good sports bra. I am very grateful they were able to spare all of my skin and both nipples. I still secretly wish they were smaller every day....I feel guilty sometimes because I should just be thankful everything went so well. I am so happy we have this forum to share our thoughts, experiences and feelings.

<3

Dx 11/28/2011, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 5/31/2018, LCIS, Right, 6cm+ Radiation Therapy Whole-breast

Feb 14, 2019 05:21PM Shoregirl wrote:

I had a LOT of rippling with the extra full projection SCX (highest cohesive) Inspiras. Swapped for Sientras and 1 round of fg. No more ripples. Swapped again and downsized by 95cc to Inspira SSM (still cohesive but called "soft touch") moderate profile and still no ripples! I am only having fg to fill the envelope where the bigger implants had been.

Faith, Hope & Love, the greatest of these is Love 1st Cor 13:13 Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/24/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/28/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 12/3/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 14, 2019 09:57PM macb04 wrote:

I have to say that I had 5 rounds of FG. Most didn't stay which is why I went for an implant. The fat that stayed was enough to cushion all of the edges of the implant..

Feb 15, 2019 02:16AM Yaniza wrote:

macb04, do you have reconstruction on one side, not both?

Feb 15, 2019 10:53AM macb04 wrote:

TE/Implant Left side after poor retention of grafted fat. Lifted Right side.

Feb 15, 2019 12:28PM Yaniza wrote:

Gotcha, thanks I was confused . I think of everyone is having both sides done! I must say it would be nice to at least be half there. I do miss having any sensation in my breasts.

Cheers, Yaniza

Feb 15, 2019 02:54PM macb04 wrote:

Yaniza, well sort of have sensation, but not completely as the lift damaged nerves too. Although I have heard thst FG is known to encourage nerve regrowth to some degree. I was severely burnt to a crisp by the lunatic rads doctor, otherwise the FG would have worked better.

Feb 16, 2019 09:20AM Yaniza wrote:

Macb04, I will absolutely be looking into the possible regeneration of nerves. Based on absolutely nothing I found myself wondering that immediately after the fat grafting because I thought I felt more. I realize that's way too soon for nerve regrowth but it did cross my mind.

Mar 5, 2019 10:09PM macb04 wrote:

Hey Andraxo and Shoregirl, how are you both doing? Keep us posted. Hope you are well.

Mar 6, 2019 09:08AM Andraxo wrote:

Doing OK! - thanks for asking :) I never quite figured out why my left side was red. Antibiotics didn't get rid of it, then I tried topical steroid since biopsy came back with 'dermatitis'. Steroid didn't do much it either so I stopped it, but it has slowly resolved anyway. Almost back to normal now. I'm still keeping appt with the new plastic surgeon next week though. I just want to see what he thinks of my recon.

- xo

Mar 6, 2019 10:50AM - edited Mar 6, 2019 10:50AM by macb04

That's great, if mystifying Andraxo. Let us know how the new consult works out.

Mar 6, 2019 06:10PM Shoregirl wrote:

macb04, thank you for asking. I am now preparing to interview PS4!! My nightmare continues. PS3 did my implant downsize Dec 4. He sutured the lateral side of one pocket too tight. He attempted to fix it under local in his office Feb 4. I underwent the procedure, which involved him opening the previous incision, cauterizing some tissue to release the implant into a more suitable position, and also he had to remove the implant to see what was going on in the upper medial pole. He saw that the ADM he had placed had bunched up. I knew when I woke up in recovery back in Dec there was a problem. If I had not been awake for the latest procedure he never would have checked it. I had to remind him while he was working on me of the pain at upper pole. Anyhoo....he removed the offending ADM, washed the cavity and re-inserted the implant. Then he closed and sent me home. Unfortunately, this time he sutured the IMF too tight, and now my implant is all jacked up higher than the other with an ugly flat lower pole.

We left it on Feb 11 that his coordinator would call me with a date for him to fix (again) and he would do 1st round of FG at same time, again in his office under a local. 10 days went by and I hadn't heard from him so I called the coordinator. She gave me some story that the nurse had told her I was "on the fence about moving fwd." I told her that was untrue, of course I want this fixed and I wanted to be done before summer!! She said the ps was booked through May. When we hung up, I lost it. I am so angry and hurt at the lack of concern or compassion from yet another doctor. I decided I will NOT let him botch me any further and promptly applied to the show Botched!! I realize chances are slim I would get on as they receive thousands of applicants and only select 45. I went back to the drawing board and selected to more ps to interview. 1st appt is tomorrow (Thurs Mar 7) with a male ps. 2nd is March 26 with a female. I am not going to rush into anything. I am really getting weary of it all though. I went all last summer with 1 implant 2" higher than the other. I would love to get done done!!!

Faith, Hope & Love, the greatest of these is Love 1st Cor 13:13 Dx 12/2/2016, DCIS, Right, 6cm+, Stage 0, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- (IHC) Surgery 1/26/2017 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 4/24/2017 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 11/28/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 12/3/2018 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Mar 6, 2019 09:58PM macb04 wrote:

Oh my Shoregirl, that is an F*ing shitty mess. Sounds like some of the same lunacy I went through, sloppy, crazy mistakes. Are these PSs asleep at the wheel? Why are some of them so damn careless? It boggles the mind how awful it is to be at the mercy of these halfa**ed fools. Then they don't own up to their mistakes either. I am sorry. I really hope you get a great one, for PS number 4. You deserve to look good and get a decent reconstruction, we all do.

Mar 7, 2019 05:10AM VegGal wrote:

When you come out of a consultation energized, rather than bogged down with unanswered questions, you will know you have found the right PS. Keep going until you find "the one."

"Botched" would be interesting!  I think someone on here got to the final cut a year or two back, but then Dr Dubrow decided that the case was too difficult.  

Dx 1/12/2016, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/11/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/10/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/8/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant

Mar 7, 2019 09:43PM macb04 wrote:

I totally agree VegGal. Keep looking for the right fit.

Mar 8, 2019 08:01AM Shoregirl wrote:

I didn't get to see the 1st ps4 candidate yesterday. I was halfway there when the secretary called to reschedule as there was a complication in surgery and he wouldn't be able to keep his afternoon appointments. In a way I am glad because now my appt has been moved to the day before my consult with candidate 2. So March 25 & March 26 back to back consults.

I called ps3 office for my records yesterday. They didn't even ask why. SMH.

Mar 8, 2019 08:23AM Bird-of-light wrote:

shore girl,

Thanks for the updates. I’m so sorry about your results. It sucks!!! How is your comfort level?

Be sure to do what you can to detox from the meds and build up your immune system while you plan for another revision.

Bird

Dx 4/13/2016, IDC, Left, <1cm, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2+ (IHC) Surgery 6/8/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 7/14/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Targeted Therapy 7/14/2016 Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Mar 11, 2019 08:49AM Shoregirl wrote:

Thank you Bird. Comfort....not so much. I have major aching sensation along lateral IMF incision line where he cauterized capsule to "release" implant.. BS was super agressive on that side (not sure why as it was prophy) so there is hardly any tissue between my skin and my rib. I HAVE to wear a bra 24/7. If I take it off for a while when laying down just to get some relief from the band it becomes very uncomfortable. I hope my reconstruction hasn't been forever ruined by that butcher! If only ps2 had not neglected to use ADM on the left side....the reconstruction was beautiful and comfortable.

Mar 11, 2019 12:37PM macb04 wrote:

I get so mad Shoregirl when I hear how badly some of these PSs screw up. They should be called worse than butchers if they do such a terrible, sloppy job. I dearly hope the next PS you get is just fantastic.

Mar 11, 2019 12:38PM macb04 wrote:

Ladies, if in retrospect, you think a PS wasn't that good, wasn't attentive to your needs, let me know so I take them off the list.

Mar 11, 2019 01:58PM - edited Mar 11, 2019 01:59PM by Fritzmylove

I had my BMX with prepectoral TEs on Feb 20th. So far I've been surprised with how smoothly recovery has been. I noticed that my PS is not on the list. He's been great so far, and has taken it upon himself to personally communicate with my Radiation Oncologist so they are on the same page to give my reconstruction the best chance to be successful after rads.

Dr. Sandeep Jejurikar. He's listed as being in Downers Grove, IL at Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, but I see him in Batavia, IL where he has office hours every Wednesday. My surgery was done at Presence Mercy Hospital in Aurora, IL with Dr Nancy Whereatt as my BS. drjejurikar.com

CHEK2+ Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/1/2018 TAC Surgery 2/20/2019 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 3/4/2019 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Mar 11, 2019 08:33PM macb04 wrote:

Welcome Fritzmylove. I have added your PS. Good to hear your PS is skilled surgically AND as a great communicator. We all need and deserve a PS with that skill set.

Mar 14, 2019 02:41PM Kimmy_nl wrote:

Hi ladies,

I had my skin sparring DMX with immediate recon, tissue expanders March 6. Surgery went well, I spent 2 nights in the hospital. I had one drain out Monday and the last one out yesterday and the wound vac with the prevena bandage came off as well. Since I came home I've only had to take Advil and Tylenol for the pain. I'm only wearing the compression band and a sports bra now, no dressings.

Woke up today with the terrible burning pain sensation under the boob line on my right side. The incision was straight across the breast removing the nipple. Anyone else experiencing this? Nothing I’m taking is relieving the pain. I even took codiene today that the PS prescribed, but I haven’t needed until today

Hope everyone on here is recovering well! And to those awaiting surgery, best of luck, hugs

Mar 14, 2019 03:23PM Fritzmylove wrote:

The area under my breasts were very sensitive, and still are 3 weeks post op. Especially if any bra cuts too close to the skin. I feel like it’s the edge of the expanders that makes it sore. My insidious oddly never hurt.

CHEK2+ Dx 9/19/2018, IDC, Right, 6cm+, Stage IIIA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/1/2018 TAC Surgery 2/20/2019 Lymph node removal: Right, Sentinel; Mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic mastectomy: Left; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 3/4/2019 Femara (letrozole), Zoladex (goserelin)

Mar 18, 2019 09:54PM macb04 wrote:

Hi Kimmy_nl. Hope you are getting some improvement of that pain you've been having. There could have been ADM anchoring sutures under the skin, that you can't see, causing pain.

I occasionally, even a few years later will get a painful spasm in that lower area, kind of where the artificial Inframammary Fold would be on that side. They sew ADM down into the muscle and that can hurt sometimes.

Mar 19, 2019 02:00PM Kimmy_nl wrote:

Hi Macb04, the pain on the left side is more bearable now thank goodness. I think your right it’s where the ADM is anchored to the muscle.

Yesterday I kinda felt a weird sensation like a spasm on my left side. It was very painful, I thought maybe I pulled a stitch or something. It has since happened several times over the past 24 hrs. I didn’t think I would have muscle spasms with OTM? Maybe it’s not a spasm but something else

Mar 19, 2019 10:00PM macb04 wrote:

Well I had a TE subpectoral, and now TE, then Implant over the muscle. In both circumstances my poor Pectoral Muscle took some kind of hit. With subpectoral it was like being stretched and stuffed like a Cornish Game Hen, then the rad fibrosis made the insane tightness complete. Completely miserable.

With Prepectoral, I know that they suture, using disolvable sutures, the ADM into place on the chest wall. Basically directly affecting the Pectoral, no way not to. I don't usually feel it, just if I do an abdominal crunch type maneuver. It can trigger a painful spasm there, at the Inframammary Fold that doesn't go away till I stand back up straight.

Having done both, not completely loving either to be honest, but Prepectoral is definitely the lesser of two evils.

Page 66 of 67 (1,981 results)