We are 224,985 members in 82 forums discussing 158,057 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Best 3D tattoo artists?

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Oct 12, 2019 02:39PM

nmprovo wrote:

I'm looking for recommendations for the very best 3D nipple tattoo artists. I'm willing to fly anywhere in the US. I am considering Vinnie Myers but he makes you wait 5 months, so I couldn't get them until January. If I have to wait, I will, but I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is just as good as Vinnie but who only makes you wait maybe 3 or 4 months?

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Oct 12, 2019 04:44PM OnTarget wrote:

Doesn't Vinnie make you wait that long to ensure the best healing of your boobs and the best outcomes?

A few months for best outcomes seems like the best idea to me.

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/5/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/5/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Oct 12, 2019 07:33PM nmprovo wrote:

Plenty of them only make you wait 3-4 months. My surgeon said 3 months. They’re all different. Just looking for recommendations

Oct 12, 2019 07:42PM Janetanned wrote:

There are plenty of tattoo artist that are just as good if not better than Vinnie. I used a woman (Mandy Sauler https://www.pennmedicine.org/cosmetic-services/mee...) who is wonderful. She works out of my PS office as well as at other locations including New Jersey and New York City (https://www.saulerinstitute.com/). I found her to be professional as well as compassionate and easy to work with. My tattoos are excellent and still look good after 6 years and no touch ups.

Hopefully others will provide more suggestions. You should not need to wait to finish your reconstruction.

Janet 11/10/11 BMX/DIEP reconstruction, 1/6/12- 4 AC DD followed by 4Taxol DD, followed by 33 rads, 10yrs hormone blocker Dx 10/11/2011, ILC, <1cm, Stage IIIA, 4/30 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)