We are 226,650 members in 82 forums discussing 158,896 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Fat grafting donor sites

Forum: Breast Reconstruction — Is it right for you? Discuss timing and various procedures and techniques.

Posted on: Jan 1, 2020 11:12AM

LBG10 wrote:

I’m scheduled for my Last round of fat grafting in a few weeks! Yay!!

Previously we have taken from my stomach and back, but no longer able to, so this time she will take fat from my inner thighs. She warned me that it is one of the most painful areas, so Iam getting nervous about it! Anyone else take from this area and how was it?

Thank you for any info you can provide!!

LBG10

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)

Posts 1 - 8 (8 total)

Jan 1, 2020 11:20AM VegGal wrote:

My first round was inner and outer thighs. I didn’t notice that it was that bad. I had a compression garment with a “pee hole” cut into it, which made taking it up and down frequently unnecessary.

Good luck

Dx 1/12/2016, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/11/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/9/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/7/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant

Jan 16, 2020 01:55PM LBG10 wrote:

Thanks VegGal for the reply

My plastic doesn’t want to take from outer thighs bc she says it often leaves a contour deformity.....I would prefer outer over inner....

How did yours turn out?? Ant regrets?

Thank you

Lbg10

Jan 17, 2020 07:56AM SummerAngel wrote:

I had fat taken from my inner thighs twice. Recovery wasn't bad. I had a desk job and took a week each time and that was more than enough, I really could have worked within a couple of days.

Age at dx: 45. Oncotype, left-side tumor: 9. Right side had multifocal IDC and "extensive" LCIS. Isolated tumor cells in 1 right-side node. Dx 3/27/2015, IDC, Left, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Dx 4/27/2015, IDC, Right, 1cm, Grade 1, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 6/1/2015 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right Surgery 6/1/2015 Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 8/27/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant Surgery 12/3/2015 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Nipple reconstruction

Jan 17, 2020 07:05PM LiveLoveLaugh2020 wrote:

I just had exchange with fat grafting 1 week ago. My PS used my outer thighs as he said I am very thin and he thought that would be his best bet. He wasn't able to get much. I'm assuming i'll have to do FG again as I'm having rippling on one side. For those of you who have had FG, how many times did you do so? I have to add that I found it very painful the first couple of days, it was hurting more than the boobs lol

DCIS Dx @ 34 - Bil NSM 09/2019 - Bil implant exchange with fat grafting 01/20

Jan 17, 2020 07:06PM VegGal wrote:

My left thigh is perfect. Really nice. The right is mostly good, except where she got a little aggressive and left a divot. It is noticeable only to me...but if I ever get more breast surgery, she WILL be fixing it.

Dx 1/12/2016, DCIS, Left, <1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2- Surgery 3/11/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Surgery 6/9/2016 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant Surgery 9/7/2017 Reconstruction (left): Fat grafting, Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Fat grafting, Silicone implant

Feb 4, 2020 03:31PM B123 wrote:

I just saw a PS for fat grafting to fix the ripples on sides and fix the flatness on one boob. Any regrets from anyone who’s done it? Why do people do multiple times? Is the fat grafting safe?

Dx 8/6/2011, 2cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 2/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 4, 2020 06:20PM OnTarget wrote:

Thanks everyone for contributing! I too am getting fat grafting next week and your responses are helpful. I'm planning outer thigh, and inner if needed, followed by the flank if more is needed. I think my outer thighs alone should be enough!

B123- Mine is fixing some flatness too, but he's going to score the capsule to release as well. I'm hoping it helps!

Diagnosed at 42, Oncotype score 16, ITC in one node- considered node negative Dx 4/8/2019, ILC, Left, 3cm, Stage IB, Grade 2, 0/3 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Dx 4/23/2019, ILC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 5/15/2019 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left, Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Hormonal Therapy 6/13/2019 Zoladex (goserelin) Chemotherapy 8/5/2019 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Surgery 11/6/2019 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant

Feb 4, 2020 08:30PM LiveLoveLaugh2020 wrote:

Good luck to you ladies, hope all goes well. I'm waiting to see PS as I know I will most likely need more FG. Not looking forward to it, as I don't know if it's worth it with the little fat they got the first time. B123 only about 50% of the fat survives which is why most people need more than once depending on how much revision/work they need.

DCIS Dx @ 34 - Bil NSM 09/2019 - Bil implant exchange with fat grafting 01/20

Page 1 of 1 (8 results)