Join Us

We are 221,742 members in 83 forums discussing 162,119 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Aspen Therapy

Forum: Breast Reconstruction —

If you've had or will be having a mastectomy (or in some cases, lumpectomy), you're likely facing decisions about whether or not to have breast reconstruction, and if so, what type and when. Deciding whether or not to have a breast reconstructed is a very personal choice. Take the time you need to learn about how breast reconstruction might affect you, both emotionally and physically, before you decide to have the surgery.

Learn about different surgical options and the medical and personal issues around breast reconstruction.

Intro medically reviewed by: Brian Wojciechowski, M.D.
Last review date: November 22, 2020

Posted on: Mar 27, 2021 12:21PM

LaVue wrote:

My plastic surgeon gave the go-ahead for the physical therapist to massage the contracture I developed on my left breast.

I will call his office this week to get his opinion on Aspen therapy.

Has anyone had experience with this type of therapy?

Dx 2/3/2020, DCIS, Left, 3cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/5 nodes Surgery 6/10/2020 Lymph node removal: Sentinel; Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Dx 6/22/2020, LCIS, Right, 0/4 nodes Surgery 10/7/2020 Reconstruction (left): Silicone implant; Reconstruction (right): Silicone implant